Pert and Roffey - The Review Thread

Demons11

59 minutes ago, M_9 said:

TBH I know nothing of PL's gripe. He's obviously determined to get a position on the board, and the current board appears equally determined that he doesn't. There must be a reason for the opposition to him from the likes of Pert et al. I guess if I'd taken the time to read his policy statement I'd know. But I didn't, so I don't.

Maybe if you spoke to him, he'd fill you in.

It's then up to your own judgement from there.

3 hours ago, Adam The God said:

Maybe if you spoke to him, he'd fill you in.

It's then up to your own judgement from there.

To anyone that wants his number I can let you know, but chances are you are only going to get a load of spin.

Edited by drysdale demon

59 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

To anyone that wants his number I can let you know, but chances are you are only going to get a load of spin.

So you have his number but haven't spoken to him DD? Very courageous of you. You trying to avoid the spin or the truth?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fritta and Turner said:

Accepting the donations places the club in a moral bind, especially from a donor who has taken legal action against the club.

I think you will find F&T that the Federal Court legal action was taken in part because Pert told him, immediately after the Club lost the Supreme Court case against him, that the Club wasn't going to accept any further donations from him (or to allow him to continue to sponsor Kade Chandler). Another great call by the CEO.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

I think you will find F&T that the Federal Court legal action was taken in part because Pert told him, immediately after the Club lost the Supreme Court case against him, that the Club wasn't going to accept any further donations from him (or to allow him to continue to sponsor Kade Chandler). Another great call by the CEO.

If this is correct then Pert should step down. It shows extremely poor judgement and is childish & vexatious.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

Posters shall stop seeking personal information about others in open forum.

If you wish that information then DM the individual.

Certain posters, by doing this are pushing the boundaries that can lead to legal action, with the unsubstantiated allegations they have been making.

Stop it!

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

48 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Stephen Drill HeraldSun re the MRC (who could it be?):

The MRC has also been looking for a new chief executive after Josh Blanksby stepped down.

A high profile AFL figure has been linked to the role.

Hopefully not Peter Jackson - we need him back

Apparently former Demons Vice President Geoff Freeman wants to take over the board?

Hopefully he can  work with Brad Green (and possibly Peter Lawrence) so we can have some semblance of unity and get the Melbourne Football Club back on track.

Here is the article in the Herald Sun: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjf-di87oWJAxXJi2MGHUILMRAQFnoECBcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fteams%2Fmelbourne%2Fmelbourne-demons-crisis-deepens-with-former-vicepresident-geoff-freeman-declaring-interest-in-taking-over-club-board%2Fnews-story%2F6dc39fa6d3fbb1a348f5eed9f0f0a841&usg=AOvVaw02f9a0KZXE0kgQpU5tOJtb&opi=89978449

Unfortunately I cannot read it due to the pay wall.

1 hour ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Apparently former Demons Vice President Geoff Freeman wants to take over the board?

Hopefully he can  work with Brad Green (and possibly Peter Lawrence) so we can have some semblance of unity and get the Melbourne Football Club back on track.

Here is the article in the Herald Sun: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjf-di87oWJAxXJi2MGHUILMRAQFnoECBcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fteams%2Fmelbourne%2Fmelbourne-demons-crisis-deepens-with-former-vicepresident-geoff-freeman-declaring-interest-in-taking-over-club-board%2Fnews-story%2F6dc39fa6d3fbb1a348f5eed9f0f0a841&usg=AOvVaw02f9a0KZXE0kgQpU5tOJtb&opi=89978449

Can someone put this article up

2 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Freeman was one of the first board appointments of PJ according to this article:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-appoints-exbomber-jackson-as-interim-ceo-20130418-2i27h.html

It warms my cockles to hear that Geoff Freeman has been hanging out with Lindsay Fox and Eddie McGuire in Europe and is now ready to step back in to save our club from outside influences. 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with state/federal politics or AON and Zurich, or any other related matter other than what is best for us fans and those poor blokes like Lleyton Oliver running out on the field. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Can someone put this article up

i did ... but looks like mods removed it

i only put article up without any comment or speculation

the article did have references to that court case we can't discuss, but the article is in the public domain and i didn't discuss it

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i did ... but looks like mods removed it

i only put article up without any comment or speculation

the article did have references to that court case we can't discuss, but the article is in the public domain and i didn't discuss it

It’s always best to discuss the comment and the speculation in a discussion. Just don’t discuss anything we can’t discuss in said discussion otherwise speculation regarding your comment might lead to further discussion on the topic we most certainly can’t discuss.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Skuit said:

It warms my cockles to hear that Geoff Freeman has been hanging out with Lindsay Fox and Eddie McGuire in Europe and is now ready to step back in to save our club from outside influences. 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with state/federal politics or AON and Zurich, or any other related matter other than what is best for us fans and those poor blokes like Lleyton Oliver running out on the field. 

Do you think he had such schemes in mind during his first stint on the board?

On 07/10/2024 at 08:47, george_on_the_outer said:

Posters shall stop seeking personal information about others in open forum.

If you wish that information then DM the individual.

Certain posters, by doing this are pushing the boundaries that can lead to legal action, with the unsubstantiated allegations they have been making.

Stop it!

Thanks George. I did see the posts of a particular poster in this regard, and a quite disgraceful thread opened by the same individual attacking mods, who it should be said do terrific voluntary work keeping this site going that is dedicated to our great club. Demonland’s own Inspector Clouseau should be ashamed of themself.

However, I will give some personal information on myself. I am a lifelong Demon and I channel the spirit of Dr Don Duffy, the president who took over just before our previous flag and sat in the driver’s seat for years. Under his watch we went from having an administration that was the envy of every other club to become a long term league laughing stock. Complacency and sustained mediocrity did us in. I know this because my Pa kept complaining about it down the decades as I grew up, with late career Robbie Flower the only redeeming feature in going to the footy for a young Demon kid like me. 

I don’t barrack for particular boards or CEOs. (Although I do have an enduring crush on Peter Jackson, for obvious reasons). I can’t believe the board cheer squads on here. 

To quote M. Blight, I don’t give a fat rat’s clacker about board members (past, current and prospective), and particularly those who just want to build their CV on the back of being on our board. 

What I do care about is the board getting on with one of its key jobs: ensure we have an outstanding CEO. Give someone of Tom Harley’s quality a godfather offer. Do something. That is where we have been so mediocre and it is so critical to success. 

That’s what I’m barracking for, as well as our teams on the field, of course.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 4

15 minutes ago, Dr Don Duffy said:

Thanks George. I did see the posts of a particular poster in this regard, and a quite disgraceful thread opened by the same individual attacking mods, who it should be said do terrific voluntary work keeping this site going that is dedicated to our great club. Demonland’s own Inspector Clouseau should be ashamed of themself.

However, I will give some personal information on myself. I am a lifelong Demon and I channel the spirit of Dr Don Duffy, the president who took over just before our previous flag and sat in the driver’s seat for years. Under his watch we went from having an administration that was the envy of every other club to become a long term league laughing stock. Complacency and sustained mediocrity did us in. I know this because my Pa kept complaining about it down the decades as I grew up, with late career Robbie Flower the only redeeming feature in going to the footy for a young Demon kid like me. 

I don’t barrack for particular boards or CEOs. (Although I do have an enduring crush on Peter Jackson, for obvious reasons). I can’t believe the board cheer squads on here. 

To quote M. Blight, I don’t give a fat rat’s clacker about board members (past, current and prospective), and particularly those who just want to build their CV on the back of being on our board. 

What I do care about is the board getting on with one of its key jobs: ensure we have an outstanding CEO. Give someone of Tom Harley’s quality a godfather offer. Do something. That is where we have been so mediocre and it is so critical to success. 

Dr Don Duffy was a shocker as President of the Melbourne Football Club.

We had a prime opportunity in the 1960s and 1970s to get a Home Base built.  We failed at that.

We are now still feeling the long-lasting effects of Dr Don Duffy's ineptitude.

Let's hope we can finally get this huge issue fixed and the Home Base built at the Caulfield Racecourse.

I don't care who is President or CEO is either. As long as this monumental task of a Home Base is achieved in our lifetimes.

• Like 7

Barrett getting ready to sink the boots into Melbourne, as usual.

As previously discussed, I hope the review outcomes are not publicly released, as Malcolm Speed discussed. Imagine what that horror DB would have to say about even the slightest negative finding!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Don Duffy said:

Good move by Duffy to sack Norm Smith, led to the garbage we endured for over 50 years.

Edited by drysdale demon
  • Sad 1