Kate Roffey

On 13/08/2024 at 06:12, Ugottobekidding said:

So much [censored] has hit the fan this year and nobody has heard a peep out of the chairperson or board. Not much leadership going on in this club. Hopeless bunch.

We ALL know the answer to this question

On 13/08/2024 at 16:55, DeelightfulPlay said:

Wow, y'all would hate Sydney.  I live in one of the nicer suburbs over SCG way and regularly see rats and cockroaches... I'm always impressed by how clean Melbourne is whenever I visit 😂

Hah! Where I am in Dulwich Hill, cockies and rats aren’t such an issue… maybe the terrific bush turkeys that live in my street, scare them away.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/08/2024 at 11:31, WalkingCivilWar said:

If I was a shameless sycophant I’d likely say… “Geez, this guy gets it.”

But I’m not, so… great point you make, WW. I bet I’m not the only one who had to google some of those names. 

Boy, Roffey is an angel compared to some of these guys. Imagine if she appointed our CEO and then sacked him 24 hours later. This place would be apoplectic.

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Can only assume Kate’s overseas on holidays.

Imagine Kennett or McGuire avoiding the media and/or its members in one of their respective club’s worst PR weeks in history.

To be fair, both Eddie and Jeff are narcissistic media Ho’s!! They don’t do it for their clubs, they do it for themselves!

I for one are happy Kate is bunkering down and not igniting the flames that are roaring atm. Those who think she needs to answer to them on here are overthinking their importance to this club. Paid up members or not. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I find Roffey often comes across in the media as patronising and arrogant.  Maybe its good for the club but would be painful for non-Melbourne people.

I've heard a number of media commentators in the media go on about the sorts of things Roffey was saying to them about a Demon Dynasty  on the eve of the 2022 season.  It seemed to really rub them up the wrong way and I think put a bit of a target on our back (as these people in the media run the AFL news cycle).  Obviously this wasn't isolated to Roffey but she was the one they went on about.

I'm pretty happy for her not to come out making big media statements as I don't think that's her strength and don't see what it would add.

• Like 1

In regards to the initial question - It seems we will find out the answer to this in the coming months.

Kate has been with us on the board through some very difficult times, but as 'leader' of the football club came in while we were riding a wave of momentum. Just like on the field, changing momentum in football is incredibly difficult and will be a huge test for her.

This will be a direct test of Kate's leadership, so we await the outcomes.

Edited by FreedFromDesire
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Demonsterative said:

To be fair, both Eddie and Jeff are narcissistic media Ho’s!! They don’t do it for their clubs, they do it for themselves!

I for one are happy Kate is bunkering down and not igniting the flames that are roaring atm. Those who think she needs to answer to them on here are overthinking their importance to this club. Paid up members or not. 

Imagine portraying that [censored] McGuire as some kind of role model.

Spare me the comments on Mr Justice served.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Interesting email I just received saying the court had handed down it's decision against Peter Lawrence in favour of the current board/club. 

Without getting in to the case (as I really don't understand it to be honest), is something like this and maybe challenges with former leaders, the items that would suck the life and energy out of the board/leaders?

I don't even know anyone in a position to ask or what would be discussed at meetings.  Preferably, I'm wanting the board focused primarily on the Caulfield development and ensuring we have the right leaders/structures in place.  Not have to worry about power struggles or internal politics.

I haven't even worried about hearing from over the last few weeks with a negative slung around the club.  You don't have to respond to all the gossip.

I just want all their energy in going towards making the club bigger, stronger and better than ever and wouldn't mind a few more updates how we're doing this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deeko2 said:

Interesting email I just received saying the court had handed down it's decision against Peter Lawrence in favour of the current board/club. 

Without getting in to the case (as I really don't understand it to be honest), is something like this and maybe challenges with former leaders, the items that would suck the life and energy out of the board/leaders?

I don't even know anyone in a position to ask or what would be discussed at meetings.  Preferably, I'm wanting the board focused primarily on the Caulfield development and ensuring we have the right leaders/structures in place.  Not have to worry about power struggles or internal politics.

I haven't even worried about hearing from over the last few weeks with a negative slung around the club.  You don't have to respond to all the gossip.

I just want all their energy in going towards making the club bigger, stronger and better than ever and wouldn't mind a few more updates how we're doing this.

And money and time as well. Huge waste of resources and a distraction from the clubs mission in having to fight these egotistical legal challenges.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Deeko2 said:

absolutely it would be an energy sucking, stressful waste of time.

• Like 2

All litigation is energy sucking.

Doing real President things, we dont need to hear from her about Christian Petracca.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 17/08/2024 at 06:32, Demonsterative said:

Correct.  She (and the Board) completed their job on the election issues and the judge ruled accordingly. Thats her job.

Her next job is now pursuing costs.  Go get them Kate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I also received the email regarding the legal issues between the MFC Board and Peter Lawrence.

Seeing as the Court has now handed down it's decision, hopefully it is now over. It's disappointing it could not be sorted without legal action, but it is what it is.

The primary focus for the Melbourne Football Club Board now should be to get the Home Base at Caulfield Racecourse up and running. If Kate Roffey and the Board can achieve it and get the Home Base built, then that will be an outstanding legacy for the Melbourne Football Club.

It's time to stop being nomads and have a proper Home Base!

• Like 3

Wow one person who could not accept a decision and took the club to court because he wanted to be right, I hope all his followers can now apologise to the club for spending excess money to fight this ,I hope the club continues to chase the money that was spent on this action from him, maybe his supporters chip in for him.

• Like 4

People who measure leadership by media presence are naive.  Eddie McGuire’s loud mouth shouldn’t be our benchmark for successful presidential leadership.

There are a lot of complex things happening in our club right now. The Lawrence stuff, finding a home / lobbying for funding and all the player stuff we’re well aware of. 

I couldn’t confidently say she is a good or bad leader but that is because a lot of those items are unresolved.  I’ll judge her when those items are resolved OR if they aren’t resolved soon. I won’t be judging her on how often I hear her voice.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Deeko2 said:

Gary Pert said as much on SEN on Saturday. This will have served as a massive distraction to the Board & CEO over the last 12+ months, not to mention the other ongoing litigation swirling around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Gawn's Beard said:

Gary Pert said as much on SEN on Saturday. This will have served as a massive distraction to the Board & CEO over the last 12+ months, not to mention the other ongoing litigation swirling around. 

do you know the status of the other litigation?

i don't mean rumours, just things like current progress, resolution dates etc and hopefully whether it will be resolved this year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I also received the email regarding the legal issues between the MFC Board and Peter Lawrence.

Seeing as the Court has now handed down it's decision, hopefully it is now over. It's disappointing it could not be sorted without legal action, but it is what it is.

The primary focus for the Melbourne Football Club Board now should be to get the Home Base at Caulfield Racecourse up and running. If Kate Roffey and the Board can achieve it and get the Home Base built, then that will be an outstanding legacy for the Melbourne Football Club.

It's time to stop being nomads and have a proper Home Base!

This should have been their primary focus all along. Peter Lawrence is not disrupting that. Their inability to get the base done rests at their own feet.

Stability is good, a closed shop is not.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

On 17/08/2024 at 00:36, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Can only assume Kate’s overseas on holidays.

Imagine Kennett or McGuire avoiding the media and/or its members in one of their respective club’s worst PR weeks in history.

Ummmm, McGuire and Kennett both put their foot in it on a number of occasions when they fronted the media. I would argue it's better she doesn't. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 4