Christian Petracca

3 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Yep 👍. It’s now about being fairly compensated. We need 2 firsts and a starting 22 player.

I just don’t see why Richmond isn’t being discussed. They tick all the boxes. Does it work for them though? Not playing finals wasn’t on his Christmas wish list. 

Pick 1 would be hard to part with,  but they’ll pick up a few more in the coming years. 

Agree, deal with Richmond.

- Big crowds

- Big picks

- Yze

Perfect place to go and let your career die.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Being a Melbourne supporter is a full time job… for my therapist. 

My therapist is a Bombers supporter. She says half her clients just come and complain about their football club, and she has to tell them it’s much worse for her. 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

My therapist is a Bombers supporter. She says half her clients just come and complain about their football club, and she has to tell them it’s much worse for her. 

Sounds like the therapist needs a therapist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

Agree, deal with Richmond.

- Big crowds

- Big picks

- Yze

Perfect place to go and let your career die.

Except Richmond are going full rebuild. I doubt a player of Trac's age would fit in with their strategy. Despite his attributes 

• Like 1

IF what is being reported by the "journalists" is true... then it's just so sad.  We waited for 57 years to break the drought and our Norm Smith medal winner wants out of the club when after a number of things unravelled a few years later.

It's bad enough that the likes of ANB and Harmes will have finished their careers elsewhere when we watch the 2021 replay... but would never have thought the Trac would be elsewhere.  I thought he was our next Captain.  I made a book about him for my nephews. It's heartbreaking.

I remember the pain of Woey and Farmer and they were bad enough... but this is another level.😭

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Some disturbing revelations on this thread. If even half of it is true, with so many younger players at the club you would think that the FD would be looking to move Trac on in the same way they did golden boy Jack Watts.

To the credit of the senior players, the coaches and the auxiliary staff, the young players have seemingly been spared any adverse effects of this situation. I don’t know exactly how they’ve managed to do this so well (why look a gift horse in the mouth?) but it’s abundantly clear when they’re all together, and when you speak to the kids who, as I’ve said many times before, are only to happy to spill on any subject and with total honesty. Re-signings also say a lot. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

I don't want to have to mention this again but please don't pin the blame on a certain person here. I don't know how much plainer I can be about this.

So… Trac isn’t mad about Jefferson not debuting? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

16 hours ago, Rednblueriseing said:

-His building his brand already 

-The club size didn't bother him when he signed for 7 years

-We have been the best preformed team over the past 4 years

Will wait to hear from trac before deciding but agree with your points and his reasons for wanting out dont pass the pub test. So much so it makes me wonder whether he has been offered a monster deal including post career opportunities $$$$. 

Edited by Demons1858

Sam McLure - all vibes and feelings. Only in football media would that rate as a story. McLure does not so much as claim to have spoken to any senior players about Trac or to have knowledge of any conversations about or with him.

Would be laughed out of any journalism school.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Elwood 3184 said:

Tom Papley says good evening.

Tom Papley and Christian Petracca are two separate people. What worked for one may not work for the other.

edit: Tim Kelly probs also says good evening. He’s also not Christian Petracca. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

IF what is being reported by the "journalists" is true... then it's just so sad.  We waited for 57 years to break the drought and our Norm Smith medal winner wants out of the club when after a number of things unravelled a few years later.

It's bad enough that the likes of ANB and Harmes will have finished their careers elsewhere when we watch the 2021 replay... but would never have thought the Trac would be elsewhere.  I thought he was our next Captain.  I made a book about him for my nephews. It's heartbreaking.

I remember the pain of Woey and Farmer and they were bad enough... but this is another level.😭

Perhaps The Curse continues until we finally win one at the G, in front of our home crowd.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jack7 said:

This time last year,Goodwin said on numerous occasions "we won't trade Brodie Grundy under any circumstances"

This trade will get done as was Grundy's.

As long as we keep Clarry and Viney,i'm happy to lose Trac,he's a self centrered sook who runs his own selfish agenda in a team environment,a culture killer or the 10% we had left.

Let's get the best deal and move on,he's 29 and won't return to his best after this mental trauma.

Totally agree. As some have mentioned, there'd be some doubt he'll ever recapture that form after those injuries.

He's gone.

He's burnt his bridges with all of these leaks.

Let's get some young fast kids into the club. A couple more Caleb Windsor's and another good forward this year and we'll move on.

Hope we pull a good deal for him.

He and his management team appear to be devoid of any integrity.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

McClure just insinuated Tracc and Goodwin have had a deteriorating relationship while Lloyd suggested team mates have suggested its best for Tracc to go. What a mess.

• Shocked 2

The reasons listed on footy classified if true raises red flags for both club and player & shocked as it questions the character of the player, losing finals and small crowds , building own brand… very concerning if true & definitely selfless has gone out the window! 

Take the two polar extremes.

At one end, you have a club who has completely mismanaged every aspect relating to this situation, whether it's how we dealt with Clarry last year, or Trac's KB injury, or whatever else is going wrong behind the scenes. We are falling apart and the most professional player on our list doesn't want to be a part of that any more.

At the other end, you have a player who has become disenfranchised from the club and is seemingly prioritising selfish desires over the club's and his teammates, all the while tearing the club down from the inside and making us even worse off than whatever we were before.

Neither of those situations will be entirely true.

But I'm sure the truth is a blend of both.

For the club to be in a situation now where our most important player, both on-field and off-field, no longer wants to be here is an indictment on the club. It does not matter what you think about Trac, it is an indictment on the club that we are even anywhere near this level. 

But there is a degree of Trac prioritising the wrong things that I think is becoming clearer. Part of that may well be the impact of his injury on his decision-making, but regardless, we now have a player who appears to no longer have the trust or connection with his own teammates, and I think that says something about how he has carried himself.

Whether or not this is fixable remains to be seen. If there isn't a deal out there that is extraordinarily substantial in value, it's going to have to be fixable, because Trac leaving pushes us down into levels of irrelevance that we literally cannot afford right now. 

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

McClure just insinuated Tracc and Goodwin have had a deteriorating relationship while Lloyd suggested team mates have suggested its best for Tracc to go. What a mess.

Is the McClure insinuation from his segment on Nine earlier this evening?

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Tom Papley and Christian Petracca are two separate people. What worked for one may not work for the other.

edit: Tim Kelly probs also says good evening. He’s also not Christian Petracca. 

Lachie Neale is the closest in terms of “star power”. He wanted out but for family reasons, and stayed. 
I presume things didn’t get this bad between him and the rest of the playing group tho.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jack7 said:

This time last year,Goodwin said on numerous occasions "we won't trade Brodie Grundy under any circumstances"

This trade will get done as was Grundy's.

As long as we keep Clarry and Viney,i'm happy to lose Trac,he's a self centrered sook who runs his own selfish agenda in a team environment,a culture killer or the 10% we had left.

Let's get the best deal and move on,he's 29 and won't return to his best after this mental trauma.

Trac will play more good football no doubt, but at 29 he’s at the peak if not slightly passed his best football.

As much as it would hurt to see him go, it would help fasten our “rebuild” and if we look too offload Trac, then clearly we are in rebuild mode. Where would that leave the club with Clarry?

Pick 5, plus a few more juicy picks, could certainly launch our new midfield brigade. And I’d much rather leaders of Gawn and Viney showing them the ropes, than the likes of Trac and Clarry, who are immature by comparison.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

McClure is full of [censored]. Trac has no issue with Goody. In fact the original leak from his camp via Morris made particular note of that. 

I think the second part of that is true tho. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I reckon because of the water under the bridge we trade him to Freo for Serong and Brayshaw. Build a brand in the most isolated city in the world. 

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

IMO, the three most telling pieces of information to come out of tonight's reporting are:

1. Sam Edmund saying he wants to play somewhere with "leadership from the top office". As clear an indication as we've had that there are issues between Trac and the board, and/or Pert, and/or Richardson.
  2. Caro saying that there was a board meeting going on as Footy Classified went to air. It sounded like that was a snap meeting. If so, that's not the sign of a club who is wholly resolute in the whole "we're not trading him" piece (although that may remain the position following the meeting).
  3. Lloyd saying that he's spoken with other players at the club who now think it's best that Trac leaves. That's almost the biggest piece of news to come out of it all. 
  • Like 6