What do we think of Frawley

dees189227

I know he did a few mistakes and got in the way sometimes but it was his first game and he would had been so nervous. Someone rang up mmm after the game and said he is a skinnier version of Nicho. Which I thought was harsh. When they told Danny Frawley that he killed himself laughing and said he's a little lean and in two years he will be fine. He has to play next week to develop more and get used to seniors

I know he did a few mistakes and got in the way sometimes but it was his first game and he would had been so nervous. Someone rang up mmm after the game and said he is a skinnier version of Nicho. Which I thought was harsh. When they told Danny Frawley that he killed himself laughing and said he's a little lean and in two years he will be fine. He has to play next week to develop more and get used to seniors

It will take him a couple of years to develop both a bigger body and his game to play a key position. So that's out of the question for a while, and in the meantime we'll have to rely on bigger-bodied players like Rivers, Carroll (and Holland).

But I can see him before the season is out being a much better third tall option than players like Bizzell or Ferguson. Is quicker for a start.

ND just threw him onto the half forward line. Its easy to run around and get know where near it when your not used to playing there. I think ND should set him a task this week. Someone like Jericho. Lets see how he goes as a traditional defender before we get more creative.

I think ND should set him a task this week. Someone like Jericho. Lets see how he goes as a traditional defender before we get more creative.

I agree with that Gouga......

As for what I think of him. I think he will be good, if not better, in time.

But I am not sure we saw enough of him yesterday to make a totally comprehensive decision.

I thought he battled yesterday.

First kick was a killer for his confidence, and his kicking style leaves a lot to be desired. And he didn't look that quick either.

On the other hand, Colin Sylvia had a worse debut, had one handball and looked diabolically out of his depth. The pace of the game was too quick for him that day and IMO, so too, for his first 4 or 5 game. But he's come along way since that outing, coincidentally, against the Kangaroos too.

I agree that Frawley should ply his trade as a defender this week and hopefully keep his spot for the rest of the year.

Someone rang up mmm after the game and said he is a skinnier version of Nicho. Which I thought was harsh.

Harsh? Try completely idiotic.

I would have expected Daniher to have an opponent or at least some sort of a plan for him in mind, before he put him in the side. As it was, we went in with too many defenders and Frawley wasn't given a job or much of a run.

Hopefully he gets a job next week and is played for most of the game. We can't judge him until we see him play his natural position, which is down back destroying forwards.

The worse thing that can happen now, is for him to be dropped. He needs at least 2 or 3 more weeks just to get used to the pace and what is required of him.

Funny ..I could have sworn Frawley was to bolster our backline...and then danners throws him into no-mans land.. didnt see that one comong !!! The master-stroke of a genius for sure. who knows...if put down back he might have just blocked the path of a Roo or two ??..Might be hard to swallow that though !! lol

Funny ..I could have sworn Frawley was to bolster our backline...and then danners throws him into no-mans land.. didnt see that one comong !!! The master-stroke of a genius for sure. who knows...if put down back he might have just blocked the path of a Roo or two ??..Might be hard to swallow that though !! lol

ND throws around his players like there's no tomorrow.

He likes players to be flexible and have the abililty to to plug holes.

Bruce, CJ, Petterd, Miller, Green come straight to mind.

Fair enough for senior players but youngsters coming thru, they'd like to settle into a position.

CJ suffered the most thru this as he has never settled into a position.

Miller's game on Barry Hall 3 years ago has destroyed him. (or my view of him)

Petterds the only youngster to seem to be okay with being thrown around so good on him.

For me, i'd like a player who's good at his position then a so-so defender and a so-so forward.

Frawley - 2 early 2 judge. Missed 6-7 weeks and has barely played 1/2 a game in the ressies b4 being selected. Still think he'll b exciting though.

What a twit...

You get a hard, tall backman who moves and thinks as fast as a midfielder and he gets slammed for having a quiet debut coming off a multiple-week injury... Jeez some footy fans are dumb.

He didn't star, that's true... but he's got all the elements... I'm nervous about how LONG it takes him to put boot to ball, I feel he may get caught, but other than that there's NOTHING wrong with how he plays the game... Has 360 degree vision, a good football brain, his mistakes were the kind that could be ironed out in 10 games or even less... Frawley will be a good player...

On the other hand, Colin Sylvia had a worse debut, had one handball and looked diabolically out of his depth. The pace of the game was too quick for him that day and IMO, so too, for his first 4 or 5 game. But he's come along way since that outing, coincidentally, against the Kangaroos too.

Colin Sylvias debut is underrated

I seem to remember the young 18 year old crashing a pack full of hardened AFL veterans and taking out Leigh Colbert with his hip

COlbert left the game and didnt come back on. It told me a lot about the Kid SYlvia

But I can see him before the season is out being a much better third tall option than players like Bizzell or Ferguson.

while i agree there it must be noted that bizzels game on sunday was fantastic. also i think frawley is going to be a key position defender rather than a third tall. i think him and carrol will get the talls while rivers takes the 3rd...

...I could have sworn Frawley was to bolster our backline...

out of interest before the game both yze and bate pulled out (i am assuming injured, i havnt read anything about them yet...

could it be that maybe we were going to pull a late change that saw one of our talls not play but had to change things up with the injuries? either that or perhaps ND wanted frawley to be superfluous to our needs so he wasnt under a full game of pressure in his first. fwiw he has spent some time up the ground and on the wing hasnt he?