Oliver Trade Rumours

46 minutes ago, demoncat said:

m8 I’m being hyperbolic but if you don’t think memberships won’t be affected by this whole saga you have your head in the sand 

We’re already thousands down from last year and are every chance to be thousands down again if we have another bottom six finish in 2025

And not just memberships - it’s already been reported we lost Houston because of all the noise around our club 

If you’re happy to keep paying up then more power to you - I probably will too because like everyone else here I’m a nuff who spends more time worrying about my club than most things

But not everyone is in that position and there is nothing wrong with people voting with their wallets if they don’t have faith the club is going in the right direction

And to be honest you’re delusional if you think we are at the moment 

You are putting a lot of words in my mouth.  

I just believe in supporting my club through thick and thin and get disappointed when others don’t do the same. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

A good club might look at Oliver's issues last year and see Tassie coming in and press the trigger and try and trade one or two high calibre players after maximising their value.

A good club would have kept Clarry's issues as quiet as humanly possible and maximise that trade value then.

A good club would have sensed Petracca's issues and got out in front of the story as soon as it was said he would 'leave tomorrow if he could'.

Instead MFC leaked most of Clarry's issues themselves, did everything they could to reduce his trade value, and is now shopping him after he had his worst ever season due to lack of preseason.

MFC admitted to making minimal effort to stay in touch with Petracca's family after his injury to actually support Petracca's position that the club was the problem rather than he. 

MFC potentially leaked stories about Petracca to make him sound like a primadonna and in doing so lowered his value also. 

I heard tonight Kozzie is also considering his options. 

Laughable. 

Yep club are in all sorts PATHETICALLY RUN at present

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sisso said:

Perhaps the club has decided this circus around Clarry at our club isn’t ever getting any better so it’s time for both parties to move on…

You know.. I’m finding myself increasingly moving in this direction. Maybe he has been the root of all problems culturally for several years now and we need to accept the short term pain to move forward for the next 5 years and beyond.

I’m also a little surprised at how outraged I’ve felt. He was not good this year.. and even when he was winning the ball, he was blindly throwing the ball on his boot, inevitably to an opposition player who would rebound the other way. Time and again. Opposition teams could rely on it.

Maybe him moving on will allow us to reset the culture. Maybe it is what is needed to satisfy Petracca. And maybe it will go some way to fixing our offensive issues.

I don’t know.. but maybe it would turn out to be the right thing..?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

It doesn't matter who he calls. If he has reached out in his capacity as a CEO, he has stepped into the list management lane, and he needs to be fired for it IMO.

Oh you have that confirmed do you? 

Have you been hacked? WTF is going on?

4 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Ironic

Trac takes out Roffey and now Oliver takes out Pert (metaphorically speaking)

Who is next you wonder

If it was suggested before that Pert was the reason why Trac originally wanted out, and now its Oliver, surely Pert:s allegiances should come under question as to whether he has past/ present contact strings on his mind?

Does anyone here want to vouch for Gary or not?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Day after the brownlow! That's ominous!

Day after the Brownlow there would have been half the AFL playing squads that should have been cleared

Clarry will be a special player in MFC history but the game is changing and we need to evolve our midfield. 

The only mistake we made was not making the trade with Adelaide last year. Whether it was a mental health reason who knows but we dropped the ball big time.

Trac - as much as I loathe him for his antics - is the better player and has much more impact so should be the one we keep. 

I have become so used to this media noise I really don’t care for it anymore. It’s liberating. 

seems pretty clear we've told him to assess his options; whether that means he leaves or not is a different matter

i find it interesting that his first port of call is a club that kicked the tyres this time last year - the difference being that this time the puddy tatts don't have anything close to what i would expect oliver would be worth to us in a trade scenario

i don't understand criticising pert for being a ceo involved in the football dept - that's literally a football club ceo's biggest portfolio 

that's why you get people like pert, kelly, hocking, gale etc. in there; they've got 30 plus years of footballing business understanding and experience

you actually DO want them having the direct conversations around pushing your second highest paid staff member out of the club - to do so would, i assume, be something that would be ratified by the board

the amount of effort it required to keep players like oliver in line, and yet always provide a bail out option, is enormous - there’s a line where it becomes a whole-club distraction and other staff members - players, off field, etc. - begin to get a bit over it

there's a reason why oliver was meeting hocking down at the cattery - bringing in a player with his pay packet and rumoured off field behaviour is a senior exec decision that would be taken to the board for approval as he'd be one of the highest paid players no matter where he goes

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

The club did right by Oliver last year, for him as a person. If we were acting based on just football, he would have gone. I don't know about the current state of what is happening, but I'm assuming we have pointed out to Oliver that we did right by him, when he needed it, and now it's time for him to do right by us, whatever that is.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BDA said:

If the club decide to retain Clarry and believe he can get back to his best I’ll back the club in.

If the club decide its best part ways with Clarry I’ll back the club in.

How can you trust the club? For all of Goodwin’s flaws, he’s honest to a fault. When he declared that Oliver is loved, that he’ll be in the red & blue next year, and he’s never seen a player so ready to tackle a pre-season, then I believe him. This to me seems a division within the club where Pert has made a unilateral decision to gauge interest in trading Oliver. I’ve got no faith in this club anymore and I’m embarrassed how far we’ve fallen since 2021. 

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 3
  • Clap 4

7 minutes ago, 2021 said:

The club did right by Oliver last year, for him as a person. If we were acting based on just football, he would have gone. I don't know about the current state of what is happening, but I'm assuming we have pointed out to Oliver that we did right by him, when he needed it, and now it's time for him to do right by us, whatever that is.

The club is pushing him out. It’s the exact same situation when Watts (who was 1 year into a new contract) was asked to look around. Except this time it’s arguably the best MFC player we’ve seen in 30 years. Pert clearly has no faith in his ability to get back to his best. If there’s anyone who deserves a second crack, it’s Clarry.

• Like 1
  • Love 2