PREGAME: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

The Dees head on the road for the sixth time this season to play for the second time on the holy site of their drought breaking Premiership glory as they take on the Dockers. Who comes in and who goes out?

PreGameRd192024.png

• Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

Probably time to give Woey a full game in the place of Sparrow or Bowey but doubt it happens

Will we play no rucks against Jackson/Darcy?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluey said:

No change!

Wow, is that really you Bluey?

Most positive post I have ever seen you make!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Shocked 1

Clearly, JVR will ruck over Petty

If Fullarton is selected, it will be at the expense of Petty.

I think no need to change (assuming no injuries)

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Did AMW get injured? The AFL app said he was "sub-injured" but has been wrong about this before

Goodwin just said in the presser no injuries that he knew of

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

One thing to consider is that Darcy and Jackson are a big step up from that Essendrug rat tail. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Shuffling deck chairs again..

but in all seriousness, a big match for Casey tomorrow now. Nick Bryan is by no means Sean Darcy but he’s a good test to see if fullarton can ruck at the level required. 
back line is looking good but if Howes does enough and they think it suits matchups, bowey or taj can sit out a week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No obvious changes, assuming that AMW is OK - he seemed to me to be going alright though not as good as his debut (which would be hard to match).

Unless there is some unexpected brilliant ruck work by FullArton (or even Verrall) but would they drop Petty?

• Like 1

We need to think seriously about whether we can afford to ruck JVR against Darcy/Jackson. 

If that means dropping Petty for Fullarton, or even Tomlinson, I'd consider it. 

Bowey's out of form but I don't know if Woey's an improvement.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Deesprate said:

Even umpire 22 can’t spoil that

He tried as hard as he could.

There must be stats hidden somewhere as to which maggots give frees to and against every team.

#22, and the other pretty boy #2? always screw us.

20 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

We need to think seriously about whether we can afford to ruck JVR against Darcy/Jackson. 

JVR didn't get a chance to be a forward tonight. Thank goodness that Turner and Frittata turned it on. As you say I am not sure if we can sacrifice JVR as a forward option again.  FullArton has a golden opportunity tomorrow to stake a claimer even Verrall, though Scache has surely played his last game (as an unused sub last September).

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

No sure Petty can ruck another week and this time against two actually great ruckmen. 
Much food for thought. 

vide supra

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dl4e said:

One thing to consider is that Darcy and Jackson are a big step up from that Essendrug rat tail. 

Yep, I rather hope Max is fit.

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Moonman u know the story.. Petty wont be droped because... well u know the background .. ! 

Edited by picket fence
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, picket fence said:

Moonman u know the story.. Petty wont be droped because... well u know the background .. ! 

Mr Fence  We should all know by now that you don’t rate and appear not to like Petty.  Do you need to repeat it in every thread multiple times? Did he run over your cat maybe?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 2

7 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

You can't play the same ruck line up as last time unless you wanna get pantsed again TU.

Woe is a mile ahead of Bowsa in an isolated 1v1 sense and in the air when the oppo are bringing it inside on a quick transition and get the look they want.

Whetherr Woe has the accuracy skills by foot is another matter but generally he plays a more down the line style vs Bowsa which might not be a big coach winner in a team sense.

I'd still play Woe at this point as i feel his tank is a fair way ahead from a running sense which should assist him in getting from contest to contest a little more.

Bowsa still looks a tad under done for mine, understandable given his interrupted pre season.

I can gtee though, if the oppo has half a brain they'll look to get a reasonably tall mobile marking mis-match on Bowsa and try to play through him most of the night. 

Bowsa in the air / 1v1 is a massive licking of chops prospect for mine in his present state and a big weak link.

I'd even consider swapping in Howes for him this week,  depending on how he goes today.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Let’s get something straight. Petty will not be dropped. People have been wishing for this all year. It ain’t going to happen. The only time he will be dropped will be if he isn’t playing for the dees 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, monoccular said:

Mr Fence  We should all know by now that you don’t rate and appear not to like Petty.  Do you need to repeat it in every thread multiple times? Did he run over your cat maybe?

Not at all, probably a very nice fellow, but what I dont like seeing is selection based on ZERO form! People fail to see that he first got selected on a ZERO possesion game at Casey earlier this season. Its no wonder he has failed to fire a shot.Ok I get it I'll say no more re Petty.

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 2

Really hope Gawn gets up. Either that or Fullerton plays a blinder today and gets his chance........Unlikely either of these things happen so I guess we go in with no change. The run of Freo worries me but they're flakey........We're playing finals football from now on but so are 10 other teams.

Petty was serviceable in the ruck after the first quarter but JVR was the one who actually neutralised the ruck contest. The Petty/JVR combo did the job against a weaker ruckman in Draper but I can't see it working against the best ruckduo in the comp in Darcy/Jackson. We will need JVR in the forward line given Freo's strong defence plus I don't love that we are risking him in the ruck. From what I saw last night, I think we have to bring Fullerton in and just see how he goes. I don't think Petty will be dropped so he probably goes forward again (not ideal). I'd like him sent back to defence but Tmac, Lever, May working way too well to change that.

• Like 2