PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

6 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Ashcroft is 20, Melk 32

I do appreciate all the love for him, and am genuinely wrapped he is back to playing, but would be a stretch to play him straight into AFL I think

Why would the fact he is older make him less likely to come straight back in? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Apparently Peter Sumich was saying on radio today that Waterman won't play. I wouldn't take it to the bank just yet but seems like there's some doubt. 

Doesn't want to line up against his new side?

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

10 hours ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Totally agree

Plus the forward line is the one area we need as much experience as we can get!

Yes, effectively also playing an on-field forward coaching role.  Badly needed and a great asset.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Whatever happens with Melk this year I'd still personally offer him another contract.

Deserves to at least have a crack at a full reason. Cannot be judged off whatever performance he displays this year because at the end of the day he hasn't got the miles in the legs from a full summer of training.

We'll go into next year with a younger list and I'd prefer if we can hang onto someone like a Melksham who is pretty much acting as an assistant coach with the forwards.

Hunter, Brown, Tomlinson are the more older guys I'd let go before Melksham.

Are you talking about Milkshake or Biden?

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

Thanks, 10 years ago convinced a niece to support the Dee’s.  First game she has seen (13 now)  with her mum I think. Good to have support around.

Go Dee’s 

Tell your niece she’s welcome to come down to the front of our bay pregame to borrow a flag (various sizes), giant head or handheld banner for the match. The more props in use, the bigger and better we look. ❤️💙

• Like 1

22 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

If we lose this weekend, I and probably most of Demonland will be filthy AF. 

If we lose this weekend, I’d sooner stick hot knitting needles into my eyeballs than go on Demonland.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

or handheld banner for the match. The more props in use, the bigger and better we look. ❤️💙

Same as 50 years ago  look bigger. Make more noise, rip up more phone books etc

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mickey said:

If Petty is fit, they'll probably want to see what inserting Melksham into the forward line does before picking Jeffo

Ah No Id rather see what a Jeffo and Melksham, complemented by a Vans and Fritta is capable of, now theres something outa left field!😁

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

gerard is reaching bruce-like levels of making every statement a question

He is, isn’t he? It’s so annoying, isn’t it? Makes you wanna throw something at the TV, doesn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

Same as 50 years ago  look bigger. Make more noise, rip up more phone books etc

What’s a phone book?

Jokes. It’s like the Melways… museum piece 😁

Seriously, we have way more props than we do people to wave them. And we wanna be a huge spectacle at every single match. We have a great rep and we wanna maintain the standard. 👍🏽❤️💙

• Thanks 1

Not going on Sunday….

Not because I’m an armchair critic waiting for the next 9 games to be a Optus but I’m still recovering from foot surgery. 

God I hope we get some percentage. I feel like if we’re going to make the 8 we’ll need it in a big way.

• Like 1

Melks plays deepish forward which is tough. He will come back through Casey. If Harry Petty does not get up may be time for Jeffersen to get a run.

I think Goody would be looking closely at Jeffersen's development. With Harry and Disco we have a replacement for May or T Mc when father time starts snapping at his heels. 

Jeffersen will likely get a sniff or 2 or 3 this season.

17 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

He's special

He’s also delicious. Oh wait, it’s Cyril Rioli who’s delicious, according to Bruce, anyways. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

God I hope we get some percentage. I feel like if we’re going to make the 8 we’ll need it in a big way.

As I said in a previous post, we need to get our percentage to about 105 this weekend in order to stay viable with other teams. Collingwood, GC, GWS and Geelong are all around the 105-108 mark.

That's a 100-40 kind of win which is probably a 0% chance of happening given we can't score.

But at the end of the day, I'll be appreciative of a win full stop given what happened the last time we met.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Apparently Peter Sumich was saying on radio today that Waterman won't play. I wouldn't take it to the bank just yet but seems like there's some doubt. 

A poster on the West Coast bigfooty saw Waterman at a clinic and was limping around with a bandage to his knee.

• Thinking 1

Melk will play the role Fritta played on Harris Andrews last week when he returns. Which will free up Fritsch to do some damage (& JVR & Petty 🤞). 

If he's physically fit and he says he's mentally ready I'd be ok with throwing him in this week. Start on the bench and can be subbed off if wavering after half time (injury permitting).

• Like 3

A fit and firing. Melk and Salem is a big leap in potential for goals.  If only 2 or 3 extra, from someone else even. 

We will win more than lose the next few games

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He is, isn’t he? It’s so annoying, isn’t it? Makes you wanna throw something at the TV, doesn’t it?

I see what you did there

Edited by jnrmac