POSTGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Here's the still as he landed the try. Viney calling for it. Lohmann's momentum heading towards May, Woey's towards Viney. Only McCluggage to beat. Handball along the ground would've done it. He panicked

Screenshot_20240628_232729_AFL.jpg

panicked but also didn't disguise it at all

34 minutes ago, Spud said:

Lodged a complaint with the integrity department for Sh'ts and giggles, I dont' watch any other games anymore as the officiating is so bad its unwatchable. The issue was just the inconsistency of the rules, they didn't necessarily get a heap of dodgy frees, but they got 50/50's whereas we got none of those.

What is your report type?
DISCRIMINATION/VILIFICATION

Report Type *

Select at least one of the following: *
  • Disability
  • Gender Identity
  • Nationality/Ethnic Origin
  • Race/Colour
  • Religion/Spirituality
  • Sexuality
  • Other, for example; body shaming, mental health etc

Who was involved?
Please provide as much detail as possible. This may include name, contact details, date of birth, address, etc. If there are multiple people, list each one separately.
Description of involved person(s)

Matt Stevic (9), Andrew Stephens (12), Nathan Williamson (22), Cameron Dore (28)

Clear discrimination against a side in light blue and Red and favouritism to Maroon and gold, similar to their gold colour. Evidence by the sheer favouritism and different interpretation of what is a mark, what is holding the ball and many other items, where only light blue and red people got punished and then in the next breath an identical behaviour by maroon and gold people was unpunished. This occurred on Friday night at the Woollongabba oval in Brisbane. I do think that the umpires may need to have their bank accounts and TAB/Sportsbet account (the most important item for the comp judging by the number of advertisements) and those of their wives and family looked into also.

Have you reported this to anyone else?
For example, another organisation or government agency

Yes
PoliceName *

What outcome are you seeking?

The banning of the yellow people from involvement in sport.

Is there any other information you would like to provide?

The evidence is available on Kayo

Very good and funny post   made me laugh while still seething with anger

34 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I am going to start a petition to get umpire 22 sacked. Seriously there isn’t a fan in the AFL who thinks this fool is a competent umpire. A disgrace. 

Correct

15 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Nah mate watch the replay, he baulked daniher and took about 4 mini nibbler steps to the boundary, actually glanced up at his team mates who were clear in front of him. McCluggage was the only Lion near him as he landed the try. Viney and Woey were standing and another team mate on the ground. FCS, Viney had his arms out calling for it. 

If anything, ANB was actually tripped by Daniher, who put his hand out to collect his feet

That was a correct call, unlike many others that weren't.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

outstand my [censored]   defeat form the jaws of victory    Get a life for alot of us it is our life.  Great effort for what  NOTHING !!!!!!!

You can be happy with the effort and disappointed with the result.

I've felt the reverse often enough as well.

• Like 1

Heartbreaking loss but I feel all is not lost and the boys are really showing something .

Compared to how I felt a couple weeks ago where I thought we were no good, I reckon there is still hope and we’ve shown a bit of ticker and something to build on.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Here's the still as he landed the try. Viney calling for it. Lohmann's momentum heading towards May, Woey's towards Viney. Only McCluggage to beat. Handball along the ground would've done it. He panicked

He may have panicked but at normal speed it isn’t easy Danniher is upright he baulks and Danniher doesn’t move. He steps to his right as the handball to Lever isn’t on, Danniher lunges at him and it looks like the ball is in his right hand, pretty difficult handball.

But at the end of the day many things shape the result not just Nibbler

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

But we tried hard, doesn't that count for something?

a little   but that should be a given in pro sport.    Of course good effort  but muffed it and a disgraceful last quarter and disgraceful shot on goals.  Then you have to watch Goodwin shaking hands with old man fagan  to boot   Like I said in other posts to lose that shows a complete lack of football integrity.    WE got nothing zero  out of it  so all for nothing. Not even respect cause football world saw we blew it.    I suppose the positive bloke on the podcast will spin it. But tonight cost us the whole year

8 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Look, tough one for the umpires to see, but to suggest that Nibbler just took a dive over the line is garbage.  It's a clear legging that was missed.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 23.39.40_4d41c2ad.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergard said:

Look, tough one for the umpires to see, but to suggest that Nibbler just took a dive over the line is garbage.  It's a clear legging that was missed.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 23.39.40_4d41c2ad.jpg

Yeah umpiring was poor as usual, but we blew it again in a way supporters have seen for decades! The missed chances, why on earth is Jvr not played fwd permanently, the only true kpp forward 

• Like 1

I don't think that the decision against ANB was unreasonable. However, I suspect it wouldn't have been paid at the G in the same circumstances.

As a senior player, poor old Nibs should have had better composure. He could have handballed into a Brisbane player's leg, and the ball would have gone out. And with a little luck it may have even gone off the opponent's boot. I've seen that done plenty of times, 

• Clap 3

When Goodwins got 'em in late game defensive mode Nibbers the one getting caught with the ball and going to ground without making a genuine attempt while we all hold our breath to see if he gets pinged or not.
Problem tonight was there was no-one to tackle him so he got creative.
With similar results.

Edited by Fork 'em

32 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

The 50 early was BS too. Free kick sure but not 50

That’s what drove me crazy. It was 50 in the first quarter. It felt like they got a lot of home town frees.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Also tired of watching the leaders in the backline bickering and finger pointing whenever a goal is kicked.

The whole 'first to the ball win free kicks' brigade have rocks in their head. 

When will you morons wake up?

Keep blaming the players you support, rather than the facts. 

Make no mistake. This was a sting, and was always going to be. #22

It needs to be investigated at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got our identity back tonight. We beat them in clearance 40 to 36. Smashed them 14 to 7 centre clearance. Smashed them by 24 in contested possession. We had 18 more tackles. That was the best we have played in a long time imo.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Heartbreaking loss but I feel all is not lost and the boys are really showing something .

Compared to how I felt a couple weeks ago where I thought we were no good, I reckon there is still hope and we’ve shown a bit of ticker and something to build on.

Going into the game, I didn’t know whether to expect a 3 goal loss or a 12 goal loss. 

I don’t feel despair tonight, just dissapointed we couldn’t get it done. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

a little   but that should be a given in pro sport.    Of course good effort  but muffed it and a disgraceful last quarter and disgraceful shot on goals.  Then you have to watch Goodwin shaking hands with old man fagan  to boot   Like I said in other posts to lose that shows a complete lack of football integrity.    WE got nothing zero  out of it  so all for nothing. Not even respect cause football world saw we blew it.    I suppose the positive bloke on the podcast will spin it. But tonight cost us the whole year

I thought it was a game we could build on. We had a real chance to win it and did well to get into that position.

The umpiring was absolutely deplorable and probably cost us the game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We had them.

Why do we still have the arrogance/bath water about us. Tell them to ignore the scoreboard and keep at it. We have to take our chances and realise that all moments count. Ruthless less, such an important game to take the 4 points from.

We have to learn how to win, and how to control the momentum issue. I thought we had it, only to drop that, after bang, bang, and a few more bangs in the second. 

Getting down to our last chances to squeeze into the eight.

Keep building Dees, and do some work on the mental strength.