Melbourne not at Legends event?

4 hours ago, waynewussell said:

Perhaps we are [censored]’d off because of the Brayshaw compensation and the father/son tweaks that favour the AFL’s great northern hope teams!

We have been screwed over far too many times, I hope the entitled blogs get the message loud and clear.

Could the negative press about Petracca be the reason for the no show?

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, chookrat said:

Is Covid still a thing? I thought it ended in 2022.

Very much ..   wife had it 2 weeks ago.

Its a bug...  still around.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, binman said:

INCORRECT, we are the oldest professional football club in the world.

168 years old.

And we'll be around for another 168 years - long after we are all forgotten.

A proud club, with a proud history, with players who have given their all, even in the many barren years. 

A proud club that deserves respect- least of all from supposed supporters.

I've had it up to here with posters on this forum taking every opportunity to slag off the mighty dees.

You would not agree that sans 2021 for the previous 57 years we WERE Irrelevant then, since 1964?

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Completely embarrassing…an absolute grub who never faced the scrutiny the deserved…the Collingwood PR machine at it again…it’s incredible…the more this continues, the less I like the sport of Australian Rules Football…I can’t believe I’ve finally reached that point 

you are not alone i am reaching the same point

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, chookrat said:

A not too subtle message to the AFL that the appointment of Gillon to head up Tabcorp has not gone unnoticed. Dees!

Hmmm…not sure about the subtle message. But yes, certainly would not have gone unnoticed at MFC, given that one of our board members is on the Tabcorp board (Kendall).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, binman said:

INCORRECT, we are the oldest professional football club in the world.

168 years old.

And we'll be around for another 168 years - long after we are all forgotten.

A proud club, with a proud history, with players who have given their all, even in the many barren years. 

A proud club that deserves respect- least of all from supposed supporters.

I've had it up to here with posters on this forum taking every opportunity to slag off the mighty dees.

My eye sight is not as good as it used to be binman where is "up to here" just a small joke . I understand your annoyance but in all honesty the MFC means very little in the scheme of things to non diehards. In the general football community we are small potatoes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

We have been screwed over far too many times, I hope the entitled blogs get the message loud and clear.

Could the negative press about Petracca be the reason for the no show?

We created that ourselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

You would not agree that sans 2021 for the previous 57 years we WERE Irrelevant then, since 1964?

We have been the subject of intense media scrutiny all year.

We are as relevant now as any other club in the competition. If we weren't, no one would bother writing article after article about our form drop off.

• Like 8
  • Clap 5

10 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

We are as relevant now as any other club in the competition. If we weren't, no one would bother writing article after article about our form drop off.

Why do you and others bother trying to reason with this [censored]. he’s an absolute embarrassment to himself and his game day posting coupled with his ideas of what he would do if he was the coach highlight how out of touch he is.

I am not over the moon about the current status and way we’re playing but to kick us while we’re down and continually trying to rewrite recent history is not the way to go about getting out of the current slump we’re in.

Thank god people like this are miles away from making any meaningful decisions around the club

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 6
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

So arguably the greatest player ever to have played the game will never be inducted due to some off field issues yet there's an exception for Collingwood players with similar past discretions?

If that is the case then get ready for DeGoey to be fast tracked in record time by HQ & their marketing team.

( 1. Pls excuse my edit, DD 🙏

2. Midweek frivolity alert 😏 )

You reflect a concern widely expressed across our forum, along with the one about the four northern-state teams being favourite/favoured sons (and daughters) of the AFL.

Is it possible this is all the AFL tackling the fixturing mess by stealthily engineering AFL seasons into a best-of-25 Collingwood v The North series? (possibly with a feeder comp of Carlton v The Centre/West?)

The phantom of a 'Tasmanian team' being, meanwhile, the AFL's 'look-at-my-other-hand' conjurer's sleight?

(For reference, D'landers - and D'luders? - might find the following, as representative of Dr Google's many such articles, of interest. I find myself to be (selectively) susceptible...

https://ps.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.ps.202000348 )

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Hnmm maybe, maybe not!

32 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Why do you and others bother trying to reason with this [censored]. he’s an absolute embarrassment to himself and his game day posting coupled with his ideas of what he would do if he was the coach highlight how out of touch he is.

I am not over the moon about the current status and way we’re playing but to kick us while we’re down and continually trying to rewrite recent history is not the way to go about getting out of the current slump we’re in.

Thank god people like this are miles away from making any meaningful decisions around the club

Thank God? Care to post your ideas about getting out of this slump, given the decisions which have been made by the hierachy?

38 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Couldn’t agree more, 2024 has been a shambles so far and clearly we all want things to improve but the drama on here from some is way over the top. 

Club is profitable, memberships are good, crowds have been good (though might drop off a bit if we don’t get back on track), AFL is looking after us on fixtures, stable board, management, coaching group. We’ve still got some all time greats of the club running around out there. Maybe it won’t get better this year but if it doesn’t we’ll be back next year.

It’s not a bin fire, the new game plan either isn’t working or they haven’t got it working yet and we’re missing some key pieces but because we’re suddenly out of the 8 for a few weeks it’s all “boo-hoo we’re irrelevant, pies supporters say mean things to me, my feelings are hurt so someone needs to be fired”. A few on here need to grow up. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 5

17 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Couldn’t agree more, 2024 has been a shambles so far and clearly we all want things to improve but the drama on here from some is way over the top. 

Club is profitable, memberships are good, crowds have been good (though might drop off a bit if we don’t get back on track), AFL is looking after us on fixtures, stable board, management, coaching group. We’ve still got some all time greats of the club running around out there. Maybe it won’t get better this year but if it doesn’t we’ll be back next year.

It’s not a bin fire, the new game plan either isn’t working or they haven’t got it working yet and we’re missing some key pieces but because we’re suddenly out of the 8 for a few weeks it’s all “boo-hoo we’re irrelevant, pies supporters say mean things to me, my feelings are hurt so someone needs to be fired”. A few on here need to grow up. 

Yep agreed, things aren’t good but they can turn back in a similar manner as the have turned downward.

If the downturn continues for a sustained period without signs of change/improvement then I will become concerned 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Sorry PSD can you be a little more direct? I am not sure what you mean. 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Absolutely spot on. During the Collingwood game my kids we're complaining that we were going to lose and worried about what their friends would same to them at school the next day. While I understand this from the kids I am amazed that adults on here link their personal wellbeing to the way Melbourne perform on a week to week basis. It is one thing to get frustrated during a game but to talk about it days later is a bit unhinged.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, old dee said:

Sorry PSD can you be a little more direct? I am not sure what you mean. 

I don’t suffer fools old dee, they don’t warrant my time or response. Hope you’re going well and not to disheartened by the current situation we find ourselves in.

I have my health, a roof over my head, a wonderful wife, sons who are turning into fine young men and the family overall are in a good place.

On the footy side of things, what can I say, us older folk have seen this all before, whilst the MFC are currently struggling, it’s not all bad, I have a role that I love and keeps me busy, I occasionally get to watch my boys play and still regularly get to go to the Ammo’s to share good times, talk about old stories and a few beers with good friends. In a nutshell as bad as things may seem there are always positives.

Keep the faith and enjoy your time with family and if you’re still getting along to the Ammo’s smile and enjoy 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Maybe Covid is going through the club. Maybe that could explain our poor performances. Maybe. Just maybe. 

We couldn't attend due to loading.

• Haha 4
  • Clap 1

28 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I don’t suffer fools old dee, they don’t warrant my time or response. Hope you’re going well and not to disheartened by the current situation we find ourselves in.

I have my health, a roof over my head, a wonderful wife, sons who are turning into fine young men and the family overall are in a good place.

On the footy side of things, what can I say, us older folk have seen this all before, whilst the MFC are currently struggling, it’s not all bad, I have a role that I love and keeps me busy, I occasionally get to watch my boys play and still regularly get to go to the Ammo’s to share good times, talk about old stories and a few beers with good friends. In a nutshell as bad as things may seem there are always positives.

Keep the faith and enjoy your time with family and if you’re still getting along to the Ammo’s smile and enjoy 

Sadly I don't get to the ammos these days. My eldest grand daughter is into basketball so we go to that every Saturday. The be honest I enjoy that much more than the MFC these days. If it wasn't for the Dees I would have no interest in AFL. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Why do you and others bother trying to reason with this [censored]. he’s an absolute embarrassment 

Yep.  Don't give the trolls more oxygen, that's what they crave.

Edited by greenwaves
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Not only that, Pies and Blues fans are obsessed with the MFC. We live rent free in their heads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Not only that, Pies and Blues fans are obsessed with the MFC. We live rent free in their heads.

There is something in there?

• Haha 5