Dees Down But Not Out

Demonland

45 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Jesus look at the video through two eyes not red and blue, i don't have a problem with his first action of smothering and yes i would have suspended him because he turned his body but that is what players have been shown for years as i said earlier if he had just collided with Gus with two hands up Gus would have been ok.  Gus was only one concussion away from retiring it just happed to be that one.

But how could he smother?
He came in to Brayshaw’s right side, the kick was executed on the left 

Maynard only had eyes for his opponent..

Nothing to do with Red and Blue glasses 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Despite being a premiership player with 200+ games Maynard will only be remembered for one thing. Even of one believes his action was legitimate, which I personally find laughable, it will define him for years to come. We all know that Greg Chappell Was a superb batsman however the average punter remembers the underarm incident. This will be Maynard's legacy which barely compensates for ruining a stars career.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Port, GWS, doggies, eagles, and north are winnable if we play right but the others no, but football is a funny game.

Best we can do I think is 5 and 5

Give us 8th probably 9th

Start of season  I thought 10th and my footy friends thought I wa crazy

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Gus kicked it on his right foot so that's wrong for a start, Maynard was just starting to jump as Gus  kicked it I have tried to up load it but it says it's to big that would show it.

6 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Thankyou for showing it as abundantly clear.

Notice a number of things. He makes no attempt to turn body away from collision... he does protect his own head though... he pushes the bulk of his frame directly into Brayshaw. He lifts his knee also.

Anyone thinking this was just a "football" act is kidding themselves. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, stinga said:

Pretty hard to have a game plan when successful sides have good fast runners through the midfield where we are so slow.  Even Goodwin said our plan was to slow the pies down, and that didn't work.

yep agree 100%, combined with us as a team that don't have a lot of players who are precise by foot & missing targets, especially whilst under pressure from a fleet footed football team (say that three times after a few beers!)  and our backline is never going to cope.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Thankyou for showing it as abundantly clear.

Notice a number of things. He makes no attempt to turn body away from collision... he does protect his own head though... he pushes the bulk of his frame directly into Brayshaw. He lifts his knee also.

Anyone thinking this was just a "football" act is kidding themselves. 

Gus was running forward so he was moving closer to Maynard as I have repeatedly said if Maynard had kept his hands up and collided with Gus it would have not the same impact.

Players are taught to protect their body and it becomes natural to them, if he really wanted to deliberately wanted to take him out he would not have been in the air around the same time as the ball hit the boot.

• Haha 1

I genuinely hope that Petty finds some good form but I won't hold my breath 

He's played around 11 games fwd this year and with the exception of a very good game against Geelong the other 10 have been well below standard.

At what stage will Goody simply have to make a change?

Or does Petty just continue to play out the rest of the season in his current form?

Surely a change of moving him down back or dropping him will eventually have to take place.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Deelectable said:

Despite being a premiership player with 200+ games Maynard will only be remembered for one thing. Even of one believes his action was legitimate, which I personally find laughable, it will define him for years to come. We all know that Greg Chappell Was a superb batsman however the average punter remembers the underarm incident. This will be Maynard's legacy which barely compensates for ruining a stars career.

Sadly not one person held him to any account or even bother to challenge the broad narrative that it was a footy act.  I have no doubt that if not Collingwood and/or during finals he'd have been suspended. 

From that vision it can only be one of two things. 

One, and at best, Maynard made himself into a missile and acted cowardly by by only protecting himself with no regard for Gus 

Two, and at worst, Maynard deliberately took the opportunity to maim his opponent, someone in a helmet with a history of concussion and one of the oppositions best players in the first qtr of a final. 

18 hours ago, demon3165 said:
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Gus was running forward so he was moving closer to Maynard as I have repeatedly said if Maynard had kept his hands up and collided with Gus it would have not the same impact.

Players are taught to protect their body and it becomes natural to them, if he really wanted to deliberately wanted to take him out he would not have been in the air around the same time as the ball hit the boot.

If Scott Pendlebury was in the landing zone instead of Gus there is no way he would have come down like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 4

2 hours ago, inanunda said:

I am still amazed that with our midfield capability and connection issues with the forwards that we don't have a midfield coach. Yes, you read that correctly.

I think you will find the senior assistant is always the midfield coach. Don’t let our incompetent media department mislead you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Watson11 said:

I think you will find the senior assistant is always the midfield coach. Don’t let our incompetent media department mislead you.

Like he said.... no midfield coach....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm in the RoCo camp.  The season isn't over and we are not a bad team.  We are a good team that isn't playing well at the moment.  This season, that fluctuates from week to week.  Petracca is a loss, no doubt, but plenty of teams have made finals (and won flags) with great players missing. Adelaide's first flag was won with Mark Riccuito; North won in 1977 without Keith Greig; in the last game before the 1987 finals Garry Lyon broke his leg; Bob Murphy missed the 2016 flag. History is littered with great players copping untimely injuries.  We still have plenty of terrific players.  Viney and Oliver are the potential difference makers here.  They have given nothing so far this season. They need to lift. With Lever back, our defence is still among the best in the comp.  Melksham is a matter of weeks away.  That will help the forward line immeasurably. If we get to 9-7 we are right in it.  The next three weeks will tell us plenty.  We have a fixture that means we get to play mostly sides with similar win-loss rates to us.  It's all in our hands.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

If Scott Pendlebury was in the landing zone instead of Gus there is no way he would have come down like that.

100990090000000 x this ^^

put another way - had this been a hit by Green(T)/ take your pick on Daicos with similar outcome it’d have been 8 weeks

anyone thinking this was not a Collingwood protection racket event by the AFL needs to think harder

again, our club absolutely [censored] the bed on the PR side by not having Roffey or pert right behind Daicos and Maynard at quarter time to get on the record with channel 7 about our expectations for the length of suspension for what was clearly a reckless and avoidable act 

I’ll never forget that

Edited by Superunknown
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

anyone thinking this was not a Collingwood protection racket event by the AFL needs to think harder

Yep, the good old AFL at it again. First it steals your mind, then it steals your soul. 

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Anyone thinking this was not a Collingwood protection racket event by the AFL needs to think harder

Yep. Last $ea$on was $cripted for the Pie$ and this year for the Blue$. HQ making bank via the sports entertainment approach.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

100990090000000 x this ^^

put another way - had this been a hit by Green(T)/ take your pick on Daicos with similar outcome it’d have been 8 weeks

again, our club absolutely [censored] the bed on the PR side by not having Roffey or pert right behind Daicos and Maynard at quarter time to get on the record with channel 7 about our expectations for the length of suspension for what was clearly a reckless and avoidable act 

I’ll never forget that

That's 100% on the money.

A big campaign by the AFL HQ ring masters.

And a complete capitulation / MIA by the Demon hierarchy.

Where was the representation?

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 18:29, Sir Why You Little said:

Jesus did you even look at it, you said Gus kicked on his left wrong, you lot are so one eyed is become a joke, as I have said so many times the initial act ok the end was not and should have been suspended,  if he had continued with arms up no problem you guys are trying your dislike for someone to justify it.

30 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Jesus did you even look at it, you said Gus kicked on his left wrong, you lot are so one eyed is become a joke, as I have said so many times the initial act ok the end was not and should have been suspended,  if he had continued with arms up no problem you guys are trying your dislike for someone to justify it.

I have looked at it many times 

• Like 1