F: Thomas, Brown, Petrie

FOLL: McIntosh, Grant, Harvey

I/C: Grima, Archer, Gibson, Campbell

EM: Hale, Lower. Green

IN: Archer

OUT: Green

Field umpires: McLaren, Kamolins, Pannell

McLean emergency again?

I distinctly remember him saying he could be back as early as Round 5. It is now Round 9 and still no McLean. What has gone wrong? :(:(

And what the hell does CJ have to do to get a game?

Bizzell selected ahead of CJ is a disgrace. I am not one to randomly abuse our coach or the selectors, but FFS what is the point of the Bizzell selection?!

If I was CJ, I'd be getting my manager to make some calls. Pathetic.

*Sigh*. I shouldn't waste my time getting angry, when I predicted it would happen.

I'd like to know what use Miller is off the bench. I just about spewed when I saw the name. It defies belief. There is no rotation. Is this another of those solid new plans?

Bizzell has current VFL form... CJ doesn't to the same degree

Bizzell has a track record... CJ doesn't

Bizzell has had limited opportunities... CJ didn't make the most of his

Bizzell is a good 'third up' option... CJ isn't

Bizzell has proven courage at this level... CJ, Hmmmm!!!

ND would be thinking to himself we can win next six. Get players back and get on a roll. At the moment some teams lucky to be in the eight. While i dont agree with all his selections i dont think injurys alone are the reason for us being zip-8.While the candle still burns let ND dream away, i think i might join him.

GO DEES @ GO ROBBO

Bizzell has current VFL form... CJ doesn't to the same degree

Bizzell has a track record... CJ doesn't

Bizzell has had limited opportunities... CJ didn't make the most of his

Bizzell is a good 'third up' option... CJ isn't

Bizzell has proven courage at this level... CJ, Hmmmm!!!

CJ was named BOG at Sandy last week, Bizzell did nothing from all reports.

Bizzell has 14 games left in his career.... CJ is only 21

Bizzell has shown us what he can do for quite a number of season now, CJ is still largely unknown

Bizzell is yet another tall-ish player who adds no legs to our rotation, CJ can play on the wing, up forward or as a small running defender

Bizzell is couragous, so is Ferguson. Neither are up to it though, CJ IS.

Two can play this game you know.

I don't think anyone can change my mind on this one. CJ deserves as much patience to 'make it' as Sylvia, Miller and so on have received. For some unknown reason though, he isn't getting the same treatment, even after fighting for his position in the VFL and being named in the best. Even when selected, he plays one game and is then dropped like he is the scapegoat of the side. I can often see the logic behind most of Daniher's decisions, but not this time.

As I've said before, we will lose CJ and he will be a handy player for however picks him up. In the meantime, Bizzell will enjoy his retirement with an extra few thousands from match payments :rolleyes:.

Bizzell has 14 games left in his career.... CJ is only 21

Bizzell has shown us what he can do for quite a number of season now, CJ is still largely unknown

Bizzell is yet another tall-ish player who adds no legs to our rotation, CJ can play on the wing, up forward or as a small running defender

Two can play this game you know.

I don't think anyone can change my mind on this one. CJ deserves as much patience to 'make it' as Sylvia, Miller and so on have received. For some unknown reason though, he isn't getting the same treatment, even after fighting for his position in the VFL and being named in the best. Even when selected, he plays one game and is then dropped like he is the scapegoat of the side. I can often see the logic behind most of Daniher's decisions, but not this time.

As I've said before, we will lose CJ and he will be a handy player for however picks him up. In the meantime, Bizzell will enjoy his retirement with an extra few thousands from match payments :rolleyes:.

I agree. And the same for Newton. Daniher is a never was and the quicker he goes the more we'll see what this team is capable of. What pace we're going to see with Holland and the Bizz streaming down the ground.

Bizzell is there to play the third man up role. No one else selected can do it.

When looking over the extended bench a couple of days ago I thought one of either Miller or Dunn have to go for the sake of 'bench balance'. Dunn has shown his versitility over the past three weeks and shouldn't be cut easily after one poor game. Miller on the other hand has been admirable in his endeavour but lacks that versitility.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller 'falls ill' before the game and Brock makes a comeback!!

I also think that the fact the neither Brown nor CJ is getting a run also signifies Brock might be back. Surely we can't go into a game with NO spare running players on the bench :wacko:

Go Dees - Good luck Chip.

So is CJ up to it or is he unknown? He can't be both; you've contradicted yourself. At this point I'm thinking CJ i'm beginning to think he's neither anyway.

BTW David Gallagher also dominates regularly at VFL level, and wasn't his AFL career a sterling one.

So is CJ up to it or is he unknown? He can't be both; you've contradicted yourself.

He is unknown up forward, which in my opinion is his natural position.

Is he up to it, I say yes, but we've seen so little of him that we don't have much to go on apart from his pre-season form which was excellent. One thing I am sure of, is that he is more up to it than Bizzell, especially in the long term.

When you are 0-8, you look for the win, but in the back of your mind there has to be some sort of consideration for the future.

As for your Gallagher example, are you trying to say that we shouldn't look to give listed players a game based on their VFL form?

Maybe CJ won't cut it, but we will never find out if he is forever stuck at Sandy. Besides, for every player who is a VFL star and doesn't cut it at AFL level, there are dozens who play well in the reserves and translate that form to seniors when given an adequate chance.

>> I/C: P.Johnson, Dunn, Bizzell, Miller

That looks like a very top heavy bench to me! Where are the midfield rotations?

Bizzell has been going very well at Sandy for a number of weeks now, dont base it on the papers reports, he deserves a call up.

CJ has had one good game in a row, last week.

He is unknown up forward, which in my opinion is his natural position.

Is he up to it, I say yes, but we've seen so little of him that we don't have much to go on apart from his pre-season form which was excellent. One thing I am sure of, is that he is more up to it than Bizzell, especially in the long term. When you are 0-8, you look for the win, but in the back of your mind there has to be some sort of consideration for the future.

Nice save. :)

I don't agree with the selection of Bizzell, however I have my doubts about CJ as well. I wonder if he's out of the side because of his failure to go in hard enough. His banishment to Sandy may be to teach him a lesson. Just a thought.

I believe that CJ has been given more opportunities than Biz in the past 12 months, he just hasn't taken advantage. He has skill, he has reasonable speed, he has reasonable size... so what is the missing ingredient? As for Biz... will he be given enough ground time to proove to those with short memories that he is a very good AFL player? Too old!!! I don't think so... Too slow, makes up for it by being elusive and an excellent kick. I think it is Biz who has been hard done-by in selection, and who is out of favour... NOT CJ!

I reckon what CJ is missing is hardness, he needs to go at the ball more harder, it's what kept him in the team last year. He played 2 outstanding games picking up 20 disposals in both games against the saints and the eagles. If he goes hard at it he will always keep his spot in the seniors and the rest of his ability will follow.

We cant line up like this we will be run off our legs, we don't have enough running players to rotate through the midfield. One of Brown CJ or Brock will come in

Perhaps the plan is to be more direct. Less run & carry? :rolleyes:

MELBOURNE v KANGAROOS

MELBOURNE

B: Ward, Carroll, Petterd

HB: Frawley, Holland, Bell

C: Johnstone, McDonald, Davey

HF: Green, Robertson, Bruce

F: Yze, Neitz, Bate

FOLL: White, Godfrey, Jones

I/C: P.Johnson, Dunn, Bizzell, Miller

EM: McLean, Brown, C.Johnson

IN: Frawley, Holland, Bizzell, Robertson

OUT: Ferguson (thumb), Sylvia (hamstring), Whelan, Brown

NEW: James Frawley, Selection No.12 in 2006 National Draft from North Ballarat

Look at that ******* bench, all tall players, not a runner amongst them at all. The roos are going to run us off our feet if we go into the game with this side :angry:

Edit: Sorry, filter didn't work for some reason

CJ is an interesting one...he has all the tools but I just dont know if he has "it".

I am not sure why we brought in so many talls but I think our bench is way to top heavy.

To be fair how many players on our list have 'it'?

CJ was no where near BOG. Not sure what the person who wrote that was thinking. Bizzell had 30 odd touches across half-back.

To be fair how many players on our list have 'it'?

Not enough thats for sure, but I am specifically talking about CJ. I guess 'it' could mean many things, I just think he has all the physical attributes, but there is something stoping him from taking the next step.

Be it confidence, desire, I dont know but I hope its addressed because he could be a very good player.