PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Posted (edited)

Tommo out, Howes in. Better balance for pies setup.

Lingers back to a wing, Kolt to HF, Windsor on other wing. Woey on bench not sub.

Kossie more time forward, McAdam either out or on absolute notice.

JVR straight in.

Disco back, Petty CHF leading up to the wings

Nibbler and mcVee run with Daicos

My best is they will try to spread us like everyone else has. Gotta win the contest and get back to basics.

Dees by 22 points 

Edited by buck_nekkid
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Bucks certainly has plenty of experience losing important games

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

WOW, didn’t know Shane had such an impact on us losing by 15 goals. 

What a neat excuse for everyone else in the team and on the staff…

He's clearly not ready mate. And to be honest I don't think he'll do well against a high pressure Collingwood outfit. I see him as a liability. 

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, praha said:

He's clearly not ready mate. And to be honest I don't think he'll do well against a high pressure Collingwood outfit. I see him as a liability. 

For now anyway. He looks at least 6 weeks away for mine...maybe more.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Opposition Watch

A side without Pendles, DeGoey, Elliot, Mitchell, Mihochek, Cox is significantly on the back foot. Any other week I would have penciled us in with an easy 6+goal victory. But alas, we are Melbourne, we seem to find incredibly innovative ways to screw things up. 

I really don’t know what to expect. I can firmly make a case that will see us finish bottom 4 and top 4 from here. Do we persist? I know the game plan change is making us look really bad. Is it the old adage of it’s the darkest hour just before dawn?

Edited by Gawndy the Great
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

I can't see us making too many changes despite the pathetic performance against Freo. We just don't have AFL level talent in the VFL.

Obviously Hunter will be out and hopefully JVR will come back in.

The suggestion of ANB on Daicos makes sense.

None of Petty, McAdam or Turner really deserve a spot in the side on form, but we can't drop them all. I think I would go with:

McVee May Turner

Salem Tomlinson Bowey

Langdon ANB Windsor

Petracca TMac Chandler

Pickett JVR Fritsch

Gawn Oliver Viney

Petty Woewodin Rivers Sparrow

Howes

Edited by Fat Tony
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

No one knocking down the door from a contest perspective which is main issue

limited changes. make the current lot accountable to right the ship

• Like 2

On 02/06/2024 at 16:18, Bang Bang Bang said:

in 1998 and 2000 we had some horrible mid season drubbings and still bounced back to win multiple finals.

Please tell me who our 2024 versions of David Neitz and Schwartz are? I’m All ears!

• Like 2

Like the posters before me there isn’t much to choose from at Casey. (I won’t have Billings or Brown in my side, they bring nothing of value IMO).

Out: McAdam, Tomlinson, Hunter

In: JVR (if fit), Laurie, Kolt

FB: Bowey May Rivers
HB: Salem Petty McVee
C: Langdon Oliver Woey
HF: Tmac Fritsch ANB
FF: Pickett, 
JVR, Sparrow
Foll: Gawn, Viney, Tracc

Int Windsor, Chandler, Laurie, Turner

Sub: Kolt

The only other thing I’d look at would be Fullerton for Turner, but all reports he is so far off AFL standard it’s not funny. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Is it the old adage of it’s the darkest hour just before dawn?

It's only dusk.
Unless we do some amazing trading/drafting the dawn is ages away.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

With the bye coming, you’d think that any idea of doing this will be held until the bye. If he were to do that, I’d start him as a sub for a couple weeks after the bye and get him on for a massive quarter and a half

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Doug Reemer said:

Please tell me who our 2024 versions of David Neitz and Schwartz are? I’m All ears!

They play in our defence. Ingerson and Shanahan play forward :laugh:

Edited by John Demonic
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

Out

• Hunter, McAdam, Tomlinson 

In

• JVR, AMW, Howes (sub)

and players back in their substantive roles: ANB, Kozzy, Petty, Langdon, Salem & Sparrow.

Re: Sparrow he might be out of form but you almost woudn't know based on the the bits and pieces role they have him playing at the moment.

He seems to never be at CBAs or on the ball and never inside F50? WTF have they got him doing? Get him on the pill sweating on the other teams extractors and spending some time forward. He's a good size, decent mark and a long straight kick at goal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Out

• Hunter, McAdam, Tomlinson 

In

• JVR, AMW, Howes (sub)

and players back in their substantive roles: ANB, Kozzy, Petty, Langdon, Salem & Sparrow.

Re: Sparrow he might be out of form but you almost woudn't know based on the the bits and pieces role they have him playing at the moment.

He seems to never be at CBAs or on the ball and never inside F50? WTF have they got him doing? Get him on the pill sweating on the other teams extractors and spending some time forward. He's a good size, decent mark and a long straight kick at goal.

Why is everyone always so quick to drop thommo , been in our best 5-6 players since coming back. You need selection integrity and Petty should be dropped before him

• Like 3
  • Clap 3

On 03/06/2024 at 21:13, WERRIDEE said:

B: McVee, May, Howes

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Windsor

HF: Neal-Bullen, van Rooyen, Tholstrup

F: Fritsch, Jefferson, Chandler

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: Woewodin, Fullerton, Salem, Sparrow

SUB: Laurie

I'm just gonna come out with it if they don't make a statement with Clarry and drop him because his form has been disgusting. I want Goodwin's head.

Sparrow to tag Daicos if he doesn't do a good job then drop him.

Pretty sure Clarrie had the most pressure points of the whole team v Fremantle, by some margin. Not playing to his normal standard but is streets ahead of anyone at Casey currently

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Pretty sure Clarrie had the most pressure points of the whole team v Fremantle, by some margin. Not playing to his normal standard but is streets ahead of anyone at Casey currently

Sparrow should be dropped well before Clarry.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

On 02/06/2024 at 16:41, Fat Tony said:

I think Rivers into the guts is something we’ve got to try. We need a bit more muscle in the midfield. 

We have plenty of muscle already.. we need speed and pressure 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Sparrow should be dropped well before Clarry.

In theory they both need to be.

Just like McAdam and Petty.

But I can't see who we have as legitimate replacements.

At least call the Petty fwd experience over and put him down back. That's a start.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

In theory they both need to be.

Just like McAdam and Petty.

But I can't see who we have as legitimate replacements.

At least call the Petty fwd experience over and put him down back. That's a start.

I think both Mcadam and Petty need to go back to Casey. Petty should go play down back there and get some form.

JVR hopefully will come in and I think it's time to give Fullarton a run as the ruck/forward.

Hunter will also be out and I'd like to see the Kolt come in as the pressure forward role and Langdon back to the wing.

Hard to see many more than 3 changes though.

• Like 1