B: McVee, May, Howes

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Windsor

HF: Neal-Bullen, van Rooyen, Tholstrup

F: Fritsch, Jefferson, Chandler

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: Woewodin, Fullerton, Salem, Sparrow

SUB: Laurie

I'm just gonna come out with it if they don't make a statement with Clarry and drop him because his form has been disgusting. I want Goodwin's head.

Sparrow to tag Daicos if he doesn't do a good job then drop him.

No room for Tom McDonald?

• Like 2

In - Laurie, Fullerton, Jefferson

Out - Hunter (Injured), Petty, Turner

B: J.Bowey, S.May, T.Rivers

HB: C.Salem, A.Tomlinson, T.McDonald

C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, C.Windsor

HF: S.McAdam, B.Fritsch, K.Chandler

F: K.Pickett, T.Fullerton, A.Neal-Bullen

FOLL: M.Gawn - C, J.Viney, C.Petracca

I/C: J.McVee, M.Jefferson, T.Woewodin, T.Sparrow, 

23rd: B.Laurie

Daicos is a phenomenal runner, especially in space. Surely Anb is the only one that can keep up and even have the burst to maybe chase him down. 

As a left field I wouldn't mind seeing McVee tagging him for a brief patch but really that's just my bias to see him more around the ball.  A guy can dream. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

Moving like a Gold 104.3 listener? :laugh:

How rude 

34 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

In - Laurie, Fullerton, Jefferson

Out - Hunter (Injured), Petty, Turner

B: J.Bowey, S.May, T.Rivers

HB: C.Salem, A.Tomlinson, T.McDonald

C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, C.Windsor

HF: S.McAdam, B.Fritsch, K.Chandler

F: K.Pickett, T.Fullerton, A.Neal-Bullen

FOLL: M.Gawn - C, J.Viney, C.Petracca

I/C: J.McVee, M.Jefferson, T.Woewodin, T.Sparrow, 

23rd: B.Laurie

JVR ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyclops said:

No room for Tom McDonald?

Not with Petty at CHB. Don't want McDonald forward either.

• Facepalm 1

On 02/06/2024 at 20:28, adonski said:

JJ plays footy, Sparrow more aligned with rugby

JJ doing well for swans in an assigned tagging role. Apparently not good enough to get a game with us, but good enough for the clear flag favourites. Of course Goody doesn't like taggers these days, even though that was where Harmes played his best football.

On Harmes his last three weeks before he pinged his hammy have been:

27 touches 4 goals

18 touches 2 goals

22 touches 1 goal

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, demon3165 said:

If Sparrow is on daicos he will be out of breath in the first fifteen minutes and dacios will be the first play to get 100 touches.

ANB ???

1 hour ago, Jjrogan said:

Daicos is a phenomenal runner, especially in space. Surely Anb is the only one that can keep up and even have the burst to maybe chase him down. 

As a left field I wouldn't mind seeing McVee tagging him for a brief patch but really that's just my bias to see him more around the ball.  A guy can dream. 

Ahh grasshopper join the dark side with McVee.

Surely we have a plan for Faicos 

Surely we have a plan to not kick it high straight to Moore or Howe 

Surely we have a plan to stop the run off half back by Quaynor and Noble 

Surely it’s McVee on Hill 

Surely we know that with Degoey and Pendles and Mitchell out, Crisp is their main ball runner through the centre corridor   

Even Beveridge knew the keys to the weakest pies line in a while 

• Like 5

Effort is the main thing I want to see from the team this week.  A repeat of last week and its serious soul-searching time.

I believe this team is capable of so much more in the context of this league and the crazy variability of this season, as long as they have a go.

Changes I'd like to see:

No major changes for me.  Petty down back for TMac (intercept role), allow TMac to run up and down the ground & apply pressure / drag Moore or Howes.  Disco down back for Tommo or given another run up forward for McAdam with JVR & Fritta.  Maybe bring Sestan in for McAdam, can't be worse.

Jeffo isn't ready and BBB is done.  Fullarton isn't up to it.

Taj to not be sub, someone tell him "this is your chance to show you belong".  And make sure he has a go.

Happy for Trac and Clarrie to spend time up forward as long as the other mids are applying pressure.

I wouldn't mind seeing McVee and Salem spend more time in the midfield to inject some skill and pace - as long as they are applying pressure (is this becoming repetitive yet?).

Otherwise, I think Swallow should be dragged for Kolt or K Brown - someone that will have a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really don't care who replaces him but if McAdam plays I'm boycotting the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, praha said:

Really don't care who replaces him but if McAdam plays I'm boycotting the rest of the season.

YEP and Petty and or Disco, Chandler might be feeling uneasy as well. 

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, picket fence said:

YEP and Petty and or Disco, Chandler might be feeling uneasy as well. 

Politely disagree, Chin has been offering pressure up forward.  Disco should be given another go, he's young, tall, smart and agile.  He got better in the backline. I think he'd go well as a 3rd tall forward. Petty down back.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2024 at 16:32, Jaded No More said:

It’s no secret that I’ve been pretty much dead inside when it comes to football since the last time we played this pile of dog [censored] club. I don’t even carry anger or disappointment when we lose anymore. I get over it fairly quickly and my passion for the game will probably never be the same again. 
Having said all that, I would take not winning another game for the rest of the year, so long as we obliterate this bunch of ****heads next week!

Are you ‘Jaded’ again?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

WOW, didn’t know Shane had such an impact on us losing by 15 goals. 

What a neat excuse for everyone else in the team and on the staff…

• Like 5

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Surely we have a plan for Faicos 

Surely we have a plan to not kick it high straight to Moore or Howe 

Surely we have a plan to stop the run off half back by Quaynor and Noble 

Surely it’s McVee on Hill 

Surely we know that with Degoey and Pendles and Mitchell out, Crisp is their main ball runner through the centre corridor   

Even Beveridge knew the keys to the weakest pies line in a while 

You're channelling David King. Don't get beaten by what you know he says.

You've prepared a reasonable 'to do list' for Simon. And there's other issues such as effort and game style that need attention. 

Now let's see his approach on Monday. Will tell a lot about his future IMO 

15 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

I'd like to see Oliver miss 3-4 games, do a mid-year mini preseason. He's clearly not match fit. Get him off KFC, and cherry ripe for the run into finals... if we make them 🤷‍♂️

With the bye coming, you’d think that any idea of doing this will be held until the bye. If he were to do that, I’d start him as a sub for a couple weeks after the bye and get him on for a massive quarter and a half