POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

Oh so the President is in charge of the football department now and should be telling them how to play now your dislike for her influencing you thoughts.

That's Buckley's view does he know what's inside the club I doubt it doesn't make him right.

Were you attacked by a comma when you were young? 

• Haha 11

49 minutes ago, dice said:

Not to mention the McRae directive to Maynard to take out Brayshaw. That was the turning point of the finals last year.

We must reset next Monday and make the finals this year. Then anything is possible with a bit of a luck

Rubbish it was a football incident the only problem I had with it was instead of following through with his arms there would have not been a bigger impact he turned his body as they are taught to do which is no longer acceptable, no coach would instruct a player to do that nowadays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

@KC from Casey's report (thanks, as always, KC 🙂)

Spooky similarity with the 'seniors'...

"The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were.
"Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking and not many wanted to get their hands dirty. They allowed a rag tag bunch of unknowns, many of them suburban players, to overrun them and dominate proceedings after the first half hour of play with a final result, a 26 point defeat, flattering to them.
"Sometimes a game of football where one team has the upper hand early and the other takes over control is called “a game of two halves”. In this instance, for the Casey Demons, it was a game of one quarter - the first. They appeared to come out firing and doubled Coburg’s score in the first quarter but even that was an illusion because they had the advantage of the early breeze.
"For the Demons, at least Matt Jefferson with two goals continued on from an encouraging game last week with a couple of goals in the opening term. Mitch White led from the front and Koltyn Tholstrop and Andy Moniz-Wakefield showed a bit.
"After that, it was a one way street with the home side running rings around them in the second quarter booting seven goals to one. You could tell how the enthusiastic Lions from Coburg went into the rooms at half time compared to the way their dejected opponents trudged off that it was already all over.
"And so it was, although the home team only extended its lead by a mere four points in the second half.
"The Demons were beaten in the ruck, at the stoppages and around the ground. Their skills were appalling at times. White stood out and did his best and he had some good lieutenants in Edwards, Neocleous and Steele. Blake Howes picked up a lot of possessions but he was always under the pump while Jed Adams and Bailey Laurie worked hard all day. Too many players came out of the game with clean hands and, unlike last week, it can’t even be said that it was a gallant defeat."

Only the names have been changed to protect the ... *cough*

Worrying that 'the full list' delivered this sort of apparent 'attitude'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Rubbish it was a football incident the only problem I had with it was instead of following through with his arms there would have not been a bigger impact he turned his body as they are taught to do which is no longer acceptable, no coach would instruct a player to do that nowadays. 

I don’t think it was rubbish at all. 
Angus Brayshaw was lined up and taken out, the ball had left the area. The only thing Maynard had eyes for, was the Player, the move was executed to perfection as far the Filth were concerned….

• Like 11
  • Clap 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Angus Brayshaw was lined up and taken out, the ball had left the area. The only thing Maynard had eyes for, was the Player, the move was executed to perfection as far the Filth were concerned….

I suggest you take the emotion out of it, Maynard was up in the air as Brayshaw was kicking you are allowed to spoil a kick, where he went wrong was to turn his body as all players are tought to do and is no longer acceptable he should have got weeks for that part.

If he had kept going with his arms up Gus would still be playing but Maynard did not deliberately go out and do that watch it again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The only thing I would add to this is that it was an opportunistic hit entirely. It started as an attempt to smother - legitimately - but once the ball beat him Skunkhead saw a chance to take out an opponent and did so with intent.

Turning of his body was the give away.

Edited by pitmaster
  • Like 7
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

I suggest you take the emotion out of it, Maynard was up in the air as Brayshaw was kicking you are allowed to spoil a kick, where he went wrong was to turn his body as all players are tought to do and is no longer acceptable he should have got weeks for that part.

If he had kept going with his arms up Gus would still be playing but Maynard did not deliberately go out and do that watch it again.

The kick had been taken. Brayshaw was taken out 

i have watched it many times…

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

The only thing I would add to this is that it was an opportunistic hit entirely. It started as an attempt to smother - legitimately - but once the ball beat him Skunkhead saw a chance to take out an opponent and did so with intent.

Maynard was never going to smother that ball, he lined up a Player and executed with the Full shoulder to the head. 
And got zero penalty for it 

That’s what occurred 

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Maynard was never going to smother that ball, he lined up a Player and executed with the Full shoulder to the head. 
And got zero penalty for it 

That’s what occurred 

That's your opinion not mine so leave it there.

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

That's your opinion not mine so leave it there.

Yep. It will always be my opinion 

The kick had been taken. 
there was only the man to attack 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Can we begin by stopping selling a home game to play on a ground that is a four hour flight away dominated by supporters from another club.

We may not have won at the Mcg but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have lost by almost 100 points.

It's disrespectful to the fans who can't afford to fly interstate and pay for hotel bills. Times are tough

Its shortsighted. Yes the money is good but isn't winning more important?

Can we also trade Petty asap before we can't get anything for him. Can we say no to players who left other clubs like, Hunter, Schache, McAdam, Fullerton and Billings?

Nothing to do with the venue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yep. It will always be my opinion 

The kick had been taken. 
there was only the man to attack 

Don't forget he was like 3 metres away from where the kick was taken. Unless he was like 8 feet tall, there was no way he could even touch that ball.

• Like 1

Just now, ElDiablo14 said:

Don't forget he was like 3 metres away from where the kick was taken. Unless he was like 8 feet tall, there was no way he could even touch that ball.

Exactly. He came in from the opposite side. He only had eyes for Gus

• Like 3

We’re overthinking it, I don’t think it’s our fitness or president, it’s our game plan. Yes defence is important but we have lost the ability to score. In 3 weeks we’ve gone from potentially 2nd to outside the 8. If we’re not going to change the way we play may as well shut up shop.

• Clap 1

I have not read most of this thread but one point that needs to be made is that we should not be playing a home game in Alice Springs. (And I understand the commercial realities mean that the current alternative is playing at Marvel.) The best way to grow the club is to win football matches and the NT deal reduces our chances to win.

• Like 5
  • Clap 2
  • Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, loges said:

Nothing to do with the venue.

Probably wouldn't have been pantsed by so much but I fear you are correct.

I still think that looking at our fixture we travel more than enough without adding to it. And Alice Springs is a decent hike. So it's not worth the dollars even if we won, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

21 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We had a better list. We don’t have it anymore. The Recruitment since ‘21 has been a Failure 

You think Caleb Windsor is a failure? Early call I would reckon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Recruitment of young players is fine 

Trading since ‘21 has been atrocious 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pitmaster said:

My interpretation of the incident was that the said player was going in so hard it looked like, to me, he was forever/completely intent on making forceful (not decelerated) impact whether the ball was about to be disposed of (legally) or whether it had already been disposed of immediately before impact. To my view, it was, therefore, an opportunistic deliberation on intent, execution and an unconvincing cover-up/concern for Gus' welfare. Mission accomplished. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

He and van Rooyen haven't been failures but the rest have. Taylor reminds of Cameron. Cameron couldn't do a thing wrong before they made the grand final after that he couldn't do a thing right. Taylor the same.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, WERRIDEE said:

He and van Rooyen haven't been failures but the rest have. Taylor reminds of Cameron. Cameron couldn't do a thing wrong before they made the grand final after that he couldn't do a thing right. Taylor the same.

Jury is still out on Van Rooyen for me

• Like 1

We have a lot of concerns after such a dismal effort/outcome. The one I would like to focus on, and one that I think has been slightly off all season, is selection!

Petty was rushed back into the team after poor form for Casey.

BBB was rushed back into the team, on at least one occasion, after poor form at Casey.

McAdam was brought into the team after one good game, and some limited game time at Casey.

Turner was rushed back into the team without game time at Casey.

Bowey was rushed back into the team without game time at Casey.

Hunter was rushed back into the team without significant game time at Casey.

Woewodin isn't rewarded for good form with selection in the 23.

Fullerton has had reasonable performances at Casey and should have been Max's back-up when JVR was unavailable.

Meanwhile, AMW has consistently performed at Casey.

Kynan Brown should have had an opportunity by now.

• Like 8
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

We have a lot of concerns after such a dismal effort/outcome. The one I would like to focus on, and one that I think has been slightly off all season, is selection!

Petty was rushed back into the team after poor form for Casey.

BBB was rushed back into the team, on at least one occasion, after poor form at Casey.

McAdam was brought into the team after one good game, and some limited game time at Casey.

Turner was rushed back into the team without game time at Casey.

Bowey was rushed back into the team without game time at Casey.

Hunter was rushed back into the team without significant game time at Casey.

Woewodin isn't rewarded for good form with selection in the 23.

Fullerton has had reasonable performances at Casey and should have been Max's back-up when JVR was unavailable.

Meanwhile, AMW has consistently performed at Casey.

Kynan Brown should have had an opportunity by now.

Our selection process has been woeful. Woey should have had games in the 22 and I'll be pretty annoyed if Moniz doesn't get a game this week been getting 30 every week at Casey. In the end it's just shuffling the deck chairs we are a broken club and need a rebuild there are only 6 players I trust the rest need to earn there spot they are Lever, May, Petracca, Viney, Fritsch and Gawn.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I don’t see how Taylor can get the blame? Since 2021: JVR has been a terrific pick for late first round. Jefferson is tracking well despite what the doomers may say. Windsor looks like a great pick too. Woey Jr good for a late pick. He can’t nail them all. 

If you’re referring to failed trades like Billings, Schache, Grundy and McAdam, then I agree we’ve been poor in that department. Trading up a stack of decent picks to get Tholstrup seems a bit silly too now (nothing against Kolt) . But none of that is JT’s fault. 

• Like 2