59 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Why aren't we seeing this bloke in the 1sts ?

Gets a number of possessions but rarely hurts with his disposal IMO. Certainly one of the better VFL players but the Casey bar is not high these days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

He reminds of a young Jayden Hunt. He can do eye-catching things with his speed, but he also runs himself into trouble and turns it over at times. I'm not sure he's that great defensively either. He gets a lot of his possessions from kick-outs, so that pads his numbers. 

Edited by Tough Kent
error
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Appears to me another vanilla player, not a saviour.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, bluey said:

Appears to me another vanilla player, not a saviour.

Definitely not a saviour but at least deserves a call up.

...been the only consistent performer at Casey.

• Like 4

Just now, The Jackson FIX said:

Is AMW indigenous? I thought he was but then there was more than one reference during Sir Doug rounds about “the three indigenous players on Melbourne’s list (Koz/May/McA)” without any reference to AMW?

east timorese origins, which is how he qualified for our nga

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, beelzebub said:

OK...  to all the track watchers ..... those that watch the magoos.

Why aren't we seeing this bloke in the 1sts ?

Granted debuting on the long weekend hasn't always gone swimmingly but we not talking about the fanfare and glitz of trotting out a #1 pick here.

Some blokes seem to be given games, is it time we got a gander at AMW ?? 

I think so... just my 5c worth 

Why? If you haven’t seen Casey games, nor training, on what basis, pray tell, are you saying “let’s play him”? Except for one very passionate AMW supporter, most of the Casey watches have stated he is not ready for AFL football. I haven’t seen him so I cannot comment, but I’d like to know your reasoning please.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Why? If you haven’t seen Casey games, nor training, on what basis, pray tell, are you saying “let’s play him”? Except for one very passionate AMW supporter, most of the Casey watches have stated he is not ready for AFL football. I haven’t seen him so I cannot comment, but I’d like to know your reasoning please.

Perhaps one reason is that we have a team full of players that are injured, out of form, slow, have poor skills or are seemingly fatigued in body and mind. They are not performing at a level that inspires confidence that anything is going to change. Are you going to simply select the same players who are currently playing poorly? 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

It's a fair question.

He, going by reports doesn't  seem any worse / better than some getting a gig.

He might be a surprise at this level....or a flop,granted.

Many things we're trialling....ain't working.

I haven't been overly impressed  by many rotating through the back.

Given we don't need to play tall this week is he any worse as an option. ? We already know what some others offer atm..  ans...not bucketloads.

Maybe as a sub. ?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Perhaps one reason is that we have a team full of players that are injured, out of form, slow, have poor skills or are seemingly fatigued in body and mind. They are not performing at a level that inspires confidence that anything is going to change. Are you going to simply select the same players who are currently playing poorly? 

Thanks Ernie, but if he is not showing AFL standard traits, as a number of the regular Casey watches have stated, would you still pick him this week? And who would he replace? If someone from Casey is deemed “ready” by all means bring him in. But I feel a big part of our problem is that there is so little pressure for spots on our AFL team from the Casey players. Anyway, I’m sure the FD know better than me what is best for AMW.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Thanks Ernie, but if he is not showing AFL standard traits, as a number of the regular Casey watches have stated, would you still pick him this week? And who would he replace? If someone from Casey is deemed “ready” by all means bring him in. But I feel a big part of our problem is that there is so little pressure for spots on our AFL team from the Casey players. Anyway, I’m sure the FD know better than me what is best for AMW.

Just out of idle curiosity is this the same FD that are trying to implement a game requiring higher skilled players than we seem to have ?

Don't sell yourself  short NC  ;)

• Like 2

Just a reminder, AMW is averaging just under 25 possessions per game per 2024 with Casey (9 games). It has become obvious to me that more than one poster here is dismissing his credentials without seeing much of Casey playing!

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

He mightn't be ready but neither is McAdam or Petty who are currently in the side nor Hunter who must come out of the side.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, waynewussell said:

Just a reminder, AMW is averaging just under 25 possessions per game per 2024 with Casey (9 games). It has become obvious to me that more than one poster here is dismissing his credentials without seeing much of Casey playing!

Whats his engine like? Too many NQR players in the team atm. Get the runners in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

He mightn't be ready but neither is McAdam or Petty who are currently in the side nor Hunter who must come out of the side.  

They may not be match fit but each of these gents has, at some stage, proven themselves at AFL level.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

That's  the thing... he mightn't  be better, he may not be worse...   but I'm  thinking....Different. He might value the opportunity 🤔🤷

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Crompton said:

They may not be match fit but each of these gents has, at some stage, proven themselves at AFL level.

Yes....and playing far below that currently 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2024 at 22:38, layzie said:

Are you really Jesus Christ?

what would you do if jesus christ came to hawthorn?   (sign outside hawthorn  church)

move peter hudson to centre half forward   (graffito response - probably demonstone)

• Haha 1
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

east timorese origins, which is how he qualified for our nga

Wow, never knew that. Surely when he debuts he’ll be one of the first (if not the first) people from East Timor to play at the elite level of a major sport?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Wow, never knew that. Surely when he debuts he’ll be one of the first (if not the first) people from East Timor to play at the elite level of a major sport?

Lin Jong has East Timorese/Chinese heritage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok, AMW has been in cracking 'ball magnet' form for Casey. No argument about that.

If AMW is not ready for AFL selection can some one 'in the know' or is a regular Casey Watcher please let us know what areas he lacks in, eg Disposal, speed, awareness, team orientated, defensive skills, tends to lose 1 on one's etc, strenght over ball etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't AMW playing was playing as a small defender. Apologies if not correct, but that being the case, who exactly is he replacing?  it's all well and good to say Petty is in horrible form, but we aren't replacing a tall forward with a back pocket.
He would be contending with Bowie, McVee and possibly Woewodin. Deserving a place is one thing, team balance and having a vacant place for the player to fit is another.

I'm gonna be interested how match committee goes about this weeks selection, it's Kings Birthday weekend! not the game to bring in a first game player, but I'm not seeing too much form at Casey that excites me. A part of me says no change, put the heat on those who played so badly, and make each of them look Neil in the eye before they go out and play this weekend!

... I miss Gus :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ouch! said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't AMW playing was playing as a small defender. Apologies if not correct, but that being the case, who exactly is he replacing?  it's all well and good to say Petty is in horrible form, but we aren't replacing a tall forward with a back pocket.
He would be contending with Bowie, McVee and possibly Woewodin. Deserving a place is one thing, team balance and having a vacant place for the player to fit is another.

I'm gonna be interested how match committee goes about this weeks selection, it's Kings Birthday weekend! not the game to bring in a first game player, but I'm not seeing too much form at Casey that excites me. A part of me says no change, put the heat on those who played so badly, and make each of them look Neil in the eye before they go out and play this weekend!

... I miss Gus :(

Good point but he has played forward previously. I'd get him in forward ahead of McAdam based on what I've seen. It must be tough for AMW, notwithstanding his drawbacks, to get 25-30 touches a week in a terrible side to see McAdam get picked 3 weeks in a row for a total ~10 touches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

Fwd or Back ??

Tmac mmm which.. ??  Drafted as...played as..

Even Petty ...which ? 🤷🤷

Forget the ( ) ...  what can AMW offer ?? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, hemingway said:

They are not performing at a level that inspires confidence that anything is going to change. Are you going to simply select the same players who are currently playing poorly? 

Despite the mantra about ‘no limits’ on young blokes at the club. It is rebuked by the  number of non-performing players with AFL experience who ‘grace’ the current side. Their selection is biased on reputation and a Hail Mary hope they play themselves into some kind of form. With the team bus teetering on the edge of the no return precipice. Can this season be resuscitated? Not if the whiff of favouritism and blind faith continues.

7 hours ago, waynewussell said:

It has become obvious to me that more than one poster here is dismissing his (AMW) credentials without seeing much of Casey playing!

To quote Bertrand Russell 

“The whole problem with the (footy)world is that fools and fanatics are certain of themselves, while wiser people are full of doubts.”

Including a prominent poster on this thread who most publicly announced pre-2021, that ANB was not worthy of consideration as a forward. 

Time for another Hyphen buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 3