GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

2 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

This is the most pathetic forward 50 display I’ve ever seen.

Billings - 4 touches

Fritsch - 3 touches

Petty - 1 touch

Pickett - 1 touch

JVR - 7 touches and not one in our 50

Inside 50s - 28 to 20 our way, and not a single score from any of them.

The ball is being walked out. Everyone else is pulling their weight. No matter how good your midfield and defence is you can’t counter the ball being rebounded out so quickly.

It ain’t the forwards mate. The delivery in is bordering u15s. Not much a forward can do when it’s kicked on top of their heads. 

• Like 3

Collingwood.   Absolutely shirting the bed when contemplating KB game

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DeeZee said:

We just don’t have an in form midfielder unfortunately 

We have a one paced midfield full stop a crash and bang one, we need speed in it.

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Well a couple of Carlton fans just got engaged on the big screen while Love Story by Taylor Swift was playing. 
So…. Ummm… yeah 

one can only hope they do not procreate 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Tall forwards getting outnumbered, that’s a work rate problem from our small forwards.

Our delivery is pretty poor inside 50.

Umps aren’t great, but they aren’t the cause of our problems. How about moving the ball aggressively?

Chandler a ghost 

2 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

2nd quarter 

Petracca 👏👍🏻

Billings 🤢

Oliver 🤢🤢

Pickett 🤢🤢🤢

Crntre clearances 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Goodwin finally tagged Walsh 😡

? full strength team ? Only Salem out of best 22? 

umpiring is HORRENDOUS 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢. So inconsistent!!! Favouring Carlton unbelievably

Good summary.

I said our talls in our fwd line was an unknown issue pregame. And Turner, Petty and Jvr have not scored .

Sadly Fritta and Kozzie have been at least just as bad.

Chin and Billings need a rest. Sub Chin off... he must be injured.

Sparrow played a good 2 nd quarter. Tracca our forward.

Hard to really name other good players tonight.

A lot of panic out there with some really poor decisions and it really looks like the same team against the lions.

I know there is no reason but every time this club has a big win our talks a player up the next week seems to be a shocker.

Are our sights too low. Do we seem too content after beating cats?

I know it sounds silly but seems to be a recurring theme. 

Let's just hope we can finish with a bit more dignity and not allow them to kick another fifty points to get to one hundred.

Hunker down after tonight. Drop three or four players and come back better next week's.

I know we'd still be losing if umps didn't give away so many frees but it's still a really poor effort from them tonight. Just really really poor.

Percentage counts. If they weren't so biased with 11 to 3 we would be three goals down.

I actually wish the club would cop a fine and just call tonight out as a rubbish effort.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

We have a one paced midfield full stop a crash and bang one, we need speed in it.

Send Rivers in

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

This is the most pathetic forward 50 display I’ve ever seen.

Billings - 4 touches

Fritsch - 3 touches

Petty - 1 touch

Pickett - 1 touch

JVR - 7 touches and not one in our 50

Inside 50s - 28 to 20 our way, and not a single score from any of them.

The ball is being walked out. Everyone else is pulling their weight. No matter how good your midfield and defence is you can’t counter the ball being rebounded out so quickly.

Can't blame the forwards when we can't kick to advantage, even our first goal was not to trac's advantage 

• Like 3

Every week our midfield is beaten too easily in the contest! It’s one thing to focus on sling shot footy for scoring efficiency, but is another to be beaten too easily in this area when the good teams manufacture goals with top KPP forwards. Viney, Petracca and Oliver are too good to work against their strengths. 

Now about a game plan that has contested footy and slingshot goal efficiency! The two can exist. MacQualter needs to find the balance, 

19 minutes ago, picket fence said:

YES

He's not first on line mate. Not tonight by a long way and that's saying something.

5 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Still think we'll make game of this. It's been a [censored] show thus far, but we'll get to see what our leaders are made of in the second half. 

I just wished we didn't have to make up so much ground. We have been putrid and the umpiring hasn't helped. Carlton need to win and are doing everything right to make us pay. I'm hoping the Dees come out with some fire power! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednblueriseing said:

Can't blame the forwards when we can't kick to advantage, even our first goal was not to trac's advantage 

Not buying that. Forwards ground ball fumbles are prolific.

Posted (edited)

Our only hope is that Carlton fade badly after half time and we get a second wind after long rotations of players in the first half. 

Really need an extra goal before half time to aid the comeback, but it is what it is.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges

15 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

2nd quarter 

Petracca 👏👍🏻

Billings 🤢

Oliver 🤢🤢

Pickett 🤢🤢🤢

Crntre clearances 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Goodwin finally tagged Walsh 😡

? full strength team ? Only Salem out of best 22? 

umpiring is HORRENDOUS 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢. So inconsistent!!! Favouring Carlton unbelievably

I need a Youth dictionary with all these emoji’s. 

Translation pls! 

Swallow murdered 3 inside 50's, didn't see him look and don't think he was under the pressure he thought he was. Pickett also a ghost.

Just now, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Our only hope is that Carlton fade badly after half time and we get a second wind after long rotations of players in the first half. 

One could hope....