Burger Promotion

One of the corporate sponsors of the South Metro Junior Football League which has produced a number of Demons including Angus Brayshaw, Jayden Hunt and more recently Blake Howes is the Grill’d Burger chain which has a promotion called “Mad Bunday” Members of the League which stretches from Port Melbourne to Mordialloc can join the Grill’d App and nominate their football team. If the team wins then you’re entitled to a free burger (on a 2 for 1 basis) to be claimed on the Monday after the game. Thanks to the boys on Saturday night, my wife and I lunched on a burger each. You don’t have to guess - my choice was the MIGHTY MELBOURNE (hold the bacon)!!!

IMG_2216.thumb.jpeg.d6a3a69ea497d6175d6d349eae0b25f3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Crikey, $17 for a burger!  What a rip off.

My local chippy does a delicious one with the lot for $11.

You're probably paying $17 for a Big Mac meal at maccas these days unfortunately

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Crikey, $17 for a burger!  What a rip off.

My local chippy does a delicious one with the lot for $11.

Harbour Lights? 😇

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, adonski said:

You're probably paying $17 for a Big Mac meal at maccas these days unfortunately

Yep and for [censored] in a bun.

The only half decent items are the thick shakes and sausage mcmuffins. ( The later the perfect Hangover cure).

• Haha 1

Towerview Store, Benalla. There's your value burger. You know it is a legit fish'n'chip place because the tradies all detour to go there.

Also, if a burger is promoted doesn't that make it an alderman?

• Haha 3

Bloody beaut deal.

However, i've put on about 2 kgs in 3 weeks!  Could end badly at this rate...

stay puft marshmallow man ghostbusters GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I'd go for @Whispering_Jack 's choice because it includes beetroot .

How [censored] weak is a burger without beetroot ?

You'd probably like a pineapple ring, some pickles and smashed avo as well. Double beef, double bacon too

Spare nothing

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

You'd probably like a pineapple ring, some pickles and smashed avo as well. Double beef, double bacon too

Spare nothing

Whispering Jack is a lawyer so I just assumed bacon was off limits because of, y'know…cholesterol.

Edited by Chook

4 hours ago, Demonstone said:

The first and last time I ate that McDonald's tripe it was still being packaged in those foam clamshells.

And if you had kept it from then you’d still be able to eat it now.

Post-apocalypse there’ll be cockroaches and Macca’s burgers and nothing else.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/us-man-unveils-79-cent-maccas-burger-he-purchased-in-1999/news-story/1e677e901387951985d3099f8310aebb?amp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Thanks to the boys on Saturday night, my wife and I lunched on a burger each. You don’t have to guess - my choice was the MIGHTY MELBOURNE (hold the bacon

Hold the bacon??  Hold the Bacon??!!??  HOLD!! THE!! BACON??!!??!  Are you insane??!!!??!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, DubDee said:

Me doctor tells me bacon is bad for me gout 

* wish i was joking

Problem solved Dub.  Facon!!

P.S. My lil storm cloud tried Facon & reckons it's great & she super fussy!  🤔 

Screenshot_20240403_051311_SamsungInternet.jpg.d1ece942dbc5dca0a2480f7919d2935a.jpg

• Vomit 4

11 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I'd go for @Whispering_Jack 's choice because it includes beetroot .

How [censored] weak is a burger without beetroot ?

I'm surprised Your not the foodie of my choice Bbo. Trying to impress your Cardiologist per chance? I'm deeply disappointed.

You once rightly scolded be for drinking Chardonnay so....

The only vegetables to go near a burger are tomatoes, onions, bacon, cheese and maybe a pickle or two for the soft hearted and then some more bacon.

I hope that settles things.

Beetroot .Sheesh. Next thing you know, you'll probably be trying to sneak in some lettuce. 

I might allow an egg if I'm feeling a little saucy . Oh and that too but only tomato. Rack off  overseas with your mustards and French Mayos. This is Oz.

Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Problem solved Dub.  Facon!!

P.S. My lil storm cloud tried Facon & reckons it's great & she super fussy!  🤔 

Screenshot_20240403_051311_SamsungInternet.jpg.d1ece942dbc5dca0a2480f7919d2935a.jpg

I rather have my foot amputated.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Spare nothing

You lost me on the pineapple.

What is wrong with you people?

• Haha 2

Grill'd have very questionable ethics. Offer trainee wages and get taxpayer subsidies for it. I refuse to eat anywhere that does'nt pay their employees a fair wage, and then they still charge $17 a burger!

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

You once rightly scolded be for drinking Chardonnay so....

The only vegetables to go near a burger are tomatoes, onions, bacon, cheese and maybe a pickle or two for the soft hearted and then some more bacon.

Whatever Chardy you're on LD, i highly recommend changimg it!

12 hours ago, Chook said:

Whispering Jack is a lawyer so I just assumed bacon was off limits because of, y'know…cholesterol.

Is bacon illegal?

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Whatever Chardy you're on LD, i highly recommend changimg it!

Ha. I don't dink the stuff. Only had to once cos my booze hound wife drank everything else in the house.

" Changimg"....you must be sober.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wonnabeeri said:

Grill'd have very questionable ethics. Offer trainee wages and get taxpayer subsidies for it. I refuse to eat anywhere that does'nt pay their employees a fair wage, and then they still charge $17 a burger!

I only eat at establishments that underpay their workers. 

• Facepalm 1