Harrison Petty

Demonland

A month at Casey at CHB to build some confidence back.

Then bring him back to the senior side in defence, throw TMac forward and cross our fingers!..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

9 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

This is the answer

Exactly He is not taking this season seriously

Casey then the flick for me Lowest rated player at the moment its a disgrace

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

All those lining up to offer ol Harry a remedial  holiday.....  what's  plan B

I.e from what we'll are we hoping to allocate Petty's role ? 

This is the conundrum  in my thinking.

Agree about the holiday... but 🤔🤔🤔🤷

Edited by beelzebub

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

dont need  3 talls v CW Petty holiday in my opinion

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

dont need  3 talls v CW Petty holiday in my opinion

I agree ...for this game.

Has SG reneged on his "Petty not going back stance "? 

4 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Plan BBB

Despite recent ordinary game, he brings structure and demands a defender - can he take Darcy Moore away from the other forwards?

Worth a shot, as Petty vs Moore isn't appealing 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

On 05/06/2024 at 14:02, BW511 said:

Great deal for us, not sure Adelaide would feel the same.

My opinion is Petty for Rachelle and a Adelaide’s second round draft pick at the moment, Adelaide want him badly, he’s a restricted free agent in 2025, if they want him for 2024 they’ll have to do a deal. Won’t get a first rounder the way he’s playing, gone for all money. No value keeping him for next year.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

On 05/06/2024 at 20:26, Demon 16 said:

A month at Casey at CHB to build some confidence back.

Then bring him back to the senior side in defence, throw TMac forward and cross our fingers!..

The best I can do for ya. Is he plays defence for 2 more weeks in the AFL then he goes back to Casey once Lever is back.

3 minutes ago, Viscount Cardwell said:

My opinion is Petty for Rachelle and a Adelaide’s second round draft pick at the moment, Adelaide want him badly, he’s a restricted free agent in 2025, if they want him for 2024 they’ll have to do a deal. Won’t get a first rounder the way he’s playing, gone for all money. No value keeping him for next year.

Any value Petty had at the end of last year is absolutely gone!

We’d be lucky to get an early 2nd rd pick and some steak knives for him at the moment. Especially given our history of rolling over at the trade table.

• Clap 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Viscount Cardwell said:

My opinion is Petty for Rachelle and a Adelaide’s second round draft pick at the moment

Rachele is contracted until 2029. Good luck prying him out of the Crows who know they’ll only have another year to wait to get Petty.

Edited by Demon Disciple

41 minutes ago, Viscount Cardwell said:

We are not getting Rachelle and picks our way, absolutely zero chance.

I know Harry has plenty of excuses coming off a terrible injury, surgery and no preseason but it’s just a little bit of a reach

How did the Dees turn a premiership winning 22 year old defender into a fumbling forward with no confidence.   Trying to solve the key forward puzzle has decimated this blokes confidence.  
Get him back to FB or CHB alongside May and Lever 🏆🏆🏆

Ps. Also had to knock down that [censored] Answerth 😭that mocked Petty but no one nailed him.  Not good enough. 

• Like 1

Petty is out of form but he's a gun and I'm confident he can make it as a KPF. If he doesn't he's the ideal May replacement. Hope we re-sign him soon.

• Like 6

On 03/06/2024 at 00:29, titan_uranus said:

How good was he realistically going to be today when we had 35 inside 50s, 31 fewer than Fremantle?

There’s an important discussion to have about Petty but IMO it’s not the priority. The priority is the other two thirds of the ground.

I'd like to throw him back when Lever remains out of the side and play him alongside May and TMac, but that's leaving far too much to JVR and Turner in the air. They're just not experienced enough.

So we have a legitimate personnel problem.

In the meantime, I agree RE other priorities. We need to get back to forward half, get the ball forward at any cost and take territory, repeat stoppages. As you imply, without the midfield winning enough contest, you can't entirely blame the forwards for the lack of supply. Get the contest right and it protects our backs, play forward half and it protects our backs.

As Goodwin and co have clearly conceded, the back half game doesn't suit us. We can still look to play on the counter when territory is against us, but forward half has seen us finish top 4 three years in a row. 

I hope we make the change, and I hope the players can switch back quick enough or our season is done.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2024 at 20:55, Viscount Cardwell said:

Rachelle? Another soft Billings type..

• Clap 1

• 2 weeks later...

Misses this table of worst shots at goal as he has only had 15 shots at goal, but his shot rating is an absolutely woeful -1.67 (next worst is -1.29). Bont, warner and heeney have 25+ more shots on goal AS MIDFIELDERS. Stinking it up waaaaaaay more than any other player in the league. How is he still getting a game?

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Petty IMO is our May replacement, he isn't a fwd and never has been.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wonnabeeri said:

If petty ever gets anything close to May I’ll be amazed.

I think he can be a similar player to May personally. He’s being wasted forward. He’s an outstanding defender and was part of a flag at 21/22 years old

May has a bit of mongrel..  Kept in check mainly.  I just dont see that in Petty. Hes handy in the backline...but no Key Defender... just isn't 

Petty’s ‘one wood’ is his marking. Check his stats - in the games he’s played well he’s had 8-11 marks. I’ve watched him closely (live). He’s rarely in a position to mark when playing forward. I don’t think he knows how to play as a forward - where to lead to, how to work cohesively with he’s fellow forwards etc. He’s not even doing the ‘one percenters’ - tackling, shepherding, chasing. I’ve said it numerous times this year, we’re playing a man short whilst he’s in the team. He needs a kick up the backside via a stint at Casey.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Let's see if Stubborn Simon fries Petty's brain completely or gives him a chance to find form down back

Another bad game will likely scar Petty for life

• Thinking 1

22 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Let's see if Stubborn Simon fries Petty's brain completely or gives him a chance to find form down back

Another bad game will likely scar Petty for life

If ???