Jump to content

  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


The Neal-Bullen non goal


Elwood 3184

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Redleg said:

Adopting my MFCSS hat I could say every new ruling always seems to go against us, Moloney weeks for non contact, Trengove 4 weeks for a sling tackle, where victim best on ground next week, Kozzie 2 weeks for a high bump with no injury and victim laughing, Sparrow sling where victim's head didn't contact the ground, etc, etc, etc. I am sure you can all come up with countless more examples.

Don't forget changing the ruck rules so Jeff White couldn't get his run up

Edited by Wrecker46
  • Like 1
  • Angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BDA said:

Because it wasn’t given a goal there was no time to review. Game had restarted 

What’s to stop this happening again?! It’s absolutely outrageous. The goal umpire on this occasion was stood down; cold comfort for Adelaide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, No10 said:

Frame by frame, zoomed in, I’d have to say not touched.

Doesn’t matter to me in regards to the result, we lost for many other reasons.
But I do care there isn’t the kind of aggressive pushback that would happen if this was a different club. That’s twice in a month (against the same team) that we’ve lost by less than a goal and ARC has made a critical decision against, with questionable evidence. Zero discussion in the media.

Would this happen to Carlton or to Collingwood?

That's the bit that drives me insane.

I understand the media won't highlight it but what about our president speaking out.

There's so many examples of unfair treatment and rule tweaks, MRO decisions to our disadvantage yet you never hear boo from us.

We're way too nice.  

I think that's part of the reason they're comfortable in doing it.

As much as I dislike Maguire, he would not let these inconsistencies, (including Kozzies suspension for Cripps hitting the back of his head) stand.

I would love to see ump 22's for and against frees for us and in particular those paid against us in our defensive 50.

Maybe it's not a conspiracy (I think it probably is to have a pies vs blues granny) but this club is too soft in just copping it.

I knew as soon as that bloke was appointed to umpire a major final that these type of things were just going to make it a little harder for us on the night. He is rubbish.

  • Like 5
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s to stop this happening again?! It’s absolutely outrageous. The goal umpire on this occasion was stood down; cold comfort for Adelaide. 

it was a horror call. the process is stuffed and will be changed going forward i'm sure, but at the time the ARC followed their protocol correctly.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Because it wasn’t given a goal there was no time to review. Game had restarted 

They should just give a goal as benefit of the doubt and change it if wrong. 

Will bug the hell out of us fans every time they go back to the middle after we've all celebrated but it least it will be right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

none of the footage shown on the 7 telecast shows conclusively that it was touched.

For them to overrule on that basis is unbelievable.

Two games we have been dudded and 7 times Carlton have received the benefit of the review in the past 4 games.

The AFL is corrupt to the core.

 

Cripps didn't even have a concussion test until after the game. Nor did Weitering yet he was staggering around like a drunk

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

none of the footage shown on the 7 telecast shows conclusively that it was touched.

For them to overrule on that basis is unbelievable.

Two games we have been dudded and 7 times Carlton have received the benefit of the review in the past 4 games.

The AFL is corrupt to the core.

Someone stated in the game day thread early on after a couple soft decisions that the "Fix was in."
As the game wore on the the more obvious it become.
Especially in the last.

But at the end of the day, we forked up.
The game shouldn't have even been close.
Like boxing, if ya KO your opponent the crooked judges are taken out of the equation.


 

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

No  definite evidence in that footage  that was  enough to overturn the soft call .

Carlton are so lucky so often with adjudications that it really makes you wonder how.

Lucky, or blessed ??  ARC.  MRO.  Tribunal.  Appeals Board.  And some may be lead to believe that there is a corrupt conspiracy?

16 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

In super slow mo frame by frame and blown up very close it looks touched for mine.

I can rest easy on this one at least

The more I look the less evidence for a touch there is.  

Missing is video of any reaction or 'appeal' that it was touched, probably because it wasn't.  Probably that is why such a short, single angled clip was shown.

The Carlton guy's fingers actually flexed, not extended.  From that angle there is not 100%  certainty (which is what is - supposedly - required) that it was touched at all, so the original call should stand.

Some may be lead to believe that there is a corrupt conspiracy.

A Carlton Collingwood GF would be wonderful for AFL marketing.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Some may be lead to believe that there is a corrupt conspiracy.

A Carlton Collingwood GF would be wonderful for AFL marketing.

I've reminded people before the AFL is a business posing as a competition.
And in the AFL business the best way to boost profits and therefor trigger various executive bonuses is to have the biggest clubs not only winning, but winning finals.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but the ARC call saved the game for Carlton. It was touched and it was adjudicated properly. The uproar if it was later found to be touched and not called would have been merited and shown greater incompetence by the AFL.

Don't waste your energy on this. Plenty of other things to be discontent with that we can address in the off season. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I hate to say it but the ARC call saved the game for Carlton. It was touched and it was adjudicated properly. The uproar if it was later found to be touched and not called would have been merited and shown greater incompetence by the AFL.

Don't waste your energy on this. Plenty of other things to be discontent with that we can address in the off season. 

 

I’m not sure the ARC call saved the game for Carlton, we proved an impressive capacity for capitulating under pressure.

But to say this was adjudicated correctly and definitively touched is wrong. The ARC footage is locked to the broadcast and when they say “looking at this angle” the footage is in context. I don’t see any touch on the ball.

Extreme to callback a goal, the uproar should be now. But it wasn’t in Q4. And it was Melbourne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

on the footage above, and watching in slo-mo and frame by frame

i see no finger bending

i see no ball deviation

i can't therefore see any conclusive evidence to overturn all umpires decisions, who didn't even refer it to arc

very surprised the press hasn't picked up on it

cost the game????

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

They clearly had conclusive evidence that wasn't available for the broadcaster to show the viewers.

Doesn't the broadcaster provide the footage to the ARC though?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

very surprised the press hasn't picked up on it

cost the game????

As if they would say anything that strays from the Carlton Collingwood narrative the AFL wants them focused on.

  • Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

on the footage above, and watching in slo-mo and frame by frame

i see no finger bending

i see no ball deviation

i can't therefore see any conclusive evidence to overturn all umpires decisions, who didn't even refer it to arc

very surprised the press hasn't picked up on it

cost the game????

If there was any doubt it would be in the headlines and Melbourne FC would have made sure of that. Especially because it was overturned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If there was any doubt it would be in the headlines and Melbourne FC would have made sure of that. Especially because it was overturned. 

well i would just like to see any footage that conclusively shows a touch. enough to overide a hard call by all umps.

i'm open-minded. just want to see the proof.

the so-called proof video (shown above) provided by the mro (supposedly) is simply not conclusive.

over to you

  • Like 4
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

It wasn’t a soft call. It was a goal and nobody asked them to look at it.

I’m not usually into this kind of thing but it’s a borderline conspiracy. 

 

The word you look for is "corrupt" 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

well i would just like to see any footage that conclusively shows a touch. enough to overide a hard call by all umps.

i'm open-minded. just want to see the proof.

the so-called proof video (shown above) provided by the mro (supposedly) is simply not conclusive.

over to you

I’ve watched it. I see a slight flick of the wedding ring finger. It’s minor but it’s there. Easier to see if you manually scrub back and forth.

I’m sure many club personnel have seen this and would be looking at it much more forensically than i, so if they are not making noise, then I’m happy with that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I’m sure many club personnel have seen this and would be looking at it much more forensically than i, so if they are not making noise, then I’m happy with that.

I'd like the club to make less noise in general and just get on with it.
I don't wanna hear what they wanna do.
I just wanna see them do it.
Cause what they're sayin' and what they're doin' are different things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the confusion stems from the evidence presented by Ch7 at half-time. Evidence that was flawed. I can’t upload the clip but in the first still below, the 3rd/4th fingers of Kemp’s bandaged left hand appear to touch the ball and, trust me, they did seem to wobble. Ch7 went back and forward in slowmo on this and I was taken in and posted as such on the matchday thread. (Ignore the hands at the top btw, they’re Hewett’s but he’s actually 2m from the ball.)

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.975383c73b4a0a9543f3eb0ab6175ae9.jpeg

Shameful smoke and mirrors by Ch7 as the next shot reveals. His left hand was actually nowhere near the ball.

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.ad625e0c1b8b7086229a3db02bea71c8.jpeg

Indeed, the goal was overturned by ARC because it “was touched by the right hand of the Carlton defender” (although I’d argue this was inconclusive so it should have stood as a goal).  

Begs the question though, why did Channel 7 present seriously flawed evidence at HT to support the ‘touched’ narrative? 

  • Like 1
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GBDee said:

Some of the confusion stems from the evidence presented by Ch7 at half-time. Evidence that was flawed. I can’t upload the clip but in the first still below, the 3rd/4th fingers of Kemp’s bandaged left hand appear to touch the ball and, trust me, they did seem to wobble. Ch7 went back and forward in slowmo on this and I was taken in and posted as such on the matchday thread. (Ignore the hands at the top btw, they’re Hewett’s but he’s actually 2m from the ball.)

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.975383c73b4a0a9543f3eb0ab6175ae9.jpeg

Shameful smoke and mirrors by Ch7 as the next shot reveals. His left hand was actually nowhere near the ball.

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.ad625e0c1b8b7086229a3db02bea71c8.jpeg

Indeed, the goal was overturned by ARC because it “was touched by the right hand of the Carlton defender” (although I’d argue this was inconclusive so it should have stood as a goal).  

Begs the question though, why did Channel 7 present seriously flawed evidence at HT to support the ‘touched’ narrative? 

Great analysis.

That left hand footage might be where some on here have been convinced. Smoke and mirrors absolutely.

Because the footage below, which was what ARC used, doesn’t show a touch. Inconclusive, at best.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I’ve watched it. I see a slight flick of the wedding ring finger. It’s minor but it’s there. Easier to see if you manually scrub back and forth.

I’m sure many club personnel have seen this and would be looking at it much more forensically than i, so if they are not making noise, then I’m happy with that.

I’ve watched it, scrubbed and zoomed. Not there. Not touched.

Who at the club do you expect to hear from? The president? I don’t hear much from her at all.

Whereas Collingwood or Hawthorn in their window, I know you would.

This is precisely the problem, a winning culture. Can not accept less so easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jnrmac said:

none of the footage shown on the 7 telecast shows conclusively that it was touched.

For them to overrule on that basis is unbelievable.

Two games we have been dudded and 7 times Carlton have received the benefit of the review in the past 4 games.

The AFL is corrupt to the core.

 

Cripps didn't even have a concussion test until after the game. Nor did Weitering yet he was staggering around like a drunk

Cripps nose was bleeding the whole last quarter and no blood rule.

Max was booted off by an overzealous umpire, for a spot of blood on his lip at Geelong, in the last few minutes of a game and with no ruckman, the Cats scored from the stoppage and won the game.

7 Carlton frees to 1 for us in the last quarter of a tight semi final, yeah officials have no influence on games.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 38

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 52

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 286

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    PREGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demons will take to the field in their first hit out for 2024 against another team when they take on the Tigers at Casey Fields in a Scratch Match consisting of 7 "quarters". Melbourne vs Richmond Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways What are your expectations? What do you want to see from

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 130

    TRAINING: Monday 12th February 2024

    Clayton Oliver was integrated back into the main training group today for the first time in 2024 after completing a 2km time trial. FriendlyFellow, a new Demonland Trackwatcher hit Gosch's Paddock on a hot and windy morning to bring you his observations of the session. Disclaimer: Saw on the socials they were down at Gosch’s Paddock so headed down for a quick look. Little to no presence of other track watchers and no current live thread, so as a first time contributor, giving what the peopl

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 6

    TRAINING: Wednesday 7th February 2024

    A bunch of Demonland Trackwatchers enjoyed the sunshine at Gosch's Paddock to watch a rapidly depleted Dees go through their paces with exactly a month to go until a ball is bounced in anger. DEMONLAND'S PRESEASON TRAINING OBSERVATIONS REHAB: Brown, Hunter, AMW, Fullarton, Turner, Clarry, TMac, Melksham, McAdam ABSENT: Smith All players in Blue guernseys today. Clarry is in the building (Gosch’s Paddock). Petty is present with footy boots on.  Clarry doing dril

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 1

    THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS: 2023

    When the dust settled on 2023, the Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin lamented that the club knew it needed to score more to land a second premiership in the current era. He opined that an average of one more goal per game would have had his charges in football’s stratosphere.  Goodwin was right and, based on his team’s scoring opportunities, that extra goal (and more) was well within its grasp if only they had better converted their shots at goal. Take the side’s last six defeats

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 7
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...