Jump to content

Phantom Drafts 2023


Whispering_Jack

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Garbo said:

Mistake if we don’t take Curtain at 6 assuming he is still there, Leake should still be there 11 so no need to rush and take him early if we also want him. We are set for mids and they are easier to draft or trade for if we want another next year.

I significantly doubt Leake will be available at 11. I feel Geelong would love him, as would GWS.

And what if you count Curtin as a midfielder? I prefer him as a mid than down back 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I significantly doubt Leake will be available at 11. I feel Geelong would love him, as would GWS.

And what if you count Curtin as a midfielder? I prefer him as a mid than down back 

Well the Club has the say so let’s get behind their choice and after all Windsor could be great at pick11. 

I want Curtin also at 6 but I’m a key position down the track. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to BF today concerning how many live picks clubs have. I Have not checked it.

Melbourne
Starting list size: 36
Out: 5 (Hibberd, Dunstan retired, Grundy, Jordon, Harms trade/FA)
In: 3 (Billings, Fullarton, McAdam trade) - plus D.Turner possibly promoted
Current senior list: 34 players
Current rookies: 4 Cat A (McVee, Sestan, Turner, Verrall) + 2 Cat B (Moniz-Wakefield, Farris-White)
Live picks: 4 (6, 11, 42, 93)
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, manny100 said:

According to BF today concerning how many live picks clubs have. I Have not checked it.

Melbourne
Starting list size: 36
Out: 5 (Hibberd, Dunstan retired, Grundy, Jordon, Harms trade/FA)
In: 3 (Billings, Fullarton, McAdam trade) - plus D.Turner possibly promoted
Current senior list: 34 players
Current rookies: 4 Cat A (McVee, Sestan, Turner, Verrall) + 2 Cat B (Moniz-Wakefield, Farris-White)
Live picks: 4 (6, 11, 42, 93)
 

Sounds like we’ve also delisted Milkshake this afternoon, with a view to adding him back onto the rookie list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The Dwight phantom draft for 2023 - assuming no live trading, which there will be. 

  1. Harley Reid (WCE)
  2. Jed Walter (GCS)
  3. Colby McKercher (NM)
  4. Zane Duursma (NM)
  5. Daniel Curtin (Haw)
  6. Nick Watson (WB)
  7. Ethan Read (GCS)
  8. James Leake (MFC)
  9. Nate Caddy (GWS)
  10. Riley Sanders (GEE)
  11. Caleb Windsor (ESS)
  12. Darcy Wilson (AFC)
  13. Conner O'Sullivan (MFC)
  • I think Essendons greatest list need now is a classy, quick, pure wingman so they'll target Windsor with pick 11
  • Adelaide apparently really like Darcy Wilson and i expect their next pick they'll target Ollie Murphy and get another key back 
  • I have Conner O'Sullivan sliding due to Wilson, Leake and WIndsor all flying up the ranks 
  • I fully expect West Coast to trade pick 1 and us to attempt to move up the draft order in some capacity.  
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

The Dwight phantom draft for 2023 - assuming no live trading, which there will be. 

  1. Harley Reid (WCE)
  2. Jed Walter (GCS)
  3. Colby McKercher (NM)
  4. Zane Duursma (NM)
  5. Daniel Curtin (Haw)
  6. Nick Watson (WB)
  7. Ethan Read (GCS)
  8. James Leake (MFC)
  9. Nate Caddy (GWS)
  10. Riley Sanders (GEE)
  11. Caleb Windsor (ESS)
  12. Darcy Wilson (AFC)
  13. Conner O'Sullivan (MFC)
  • I think Essendons greatest list need now is a classy, quick, pure wingman so they'll target Windsor with pick 11
  • Adelaide apparently really like Darcy Wilson and i expect their next pick they'll target Ollie Murphy and get another key back 
  • I have Conner O'Sullivan sliding due to Wilson, Leake and WIndsor all flying up the ranks 
  • I fully expect West Coast to trade pick 1 and us to attempt to move up the draft order in some capacity.  

Essendon have Nic Martin, Duursma perhaps even Tsatas for their wings, Windsor would be a really odd choice for them

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Essendon have Nic Martin, Duursma perhaps even Tsatas for their wings, Windsor would be a really odd choice for them

I take your point, i think 13 and 11 could easily go either way, and i don't think many at the MFC would be dissapointed with Windsor or O'Sullivan 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes you wonder if Norf even need picks 3 and 4 given their needs.

Their midfield is stacked with likes of LDU, Simpkin, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tarryn Thomas and Will Phillips... All high draft picks

They don't need McKercher, etc. They need key defenders, classy flankers and goal sneaks which they can pick up later. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We basically take the leftovers in a shallow draft, take what’s left on the table with 8 & 13, unless West Coast accept all of our picks, plus next years, throw all our chips in  for number one.

 

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 06/11/2023 at 21:52, bluey said:

We basically take the leftovers in a shallow draft, take what’s left on the table with 8 & 13, unless West Coast accept all of our picks, plus next years, throw all our chips in  for number one.

 

No that’s not the case Either Windsor or O’Sullivan are good for us. But if we can go some spots higher our first pick is a better option but would rule it a second high draft pick no doubt. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FrothiesLiam said:

Cal twomey and Kevin Sheehan did a mock draft on gettable with Melbourne picking o Sullivan at 6 ahead of sanders and Darcy wilson with our next pick 

I never count on Sheehan to be realistic in terms of who goes where. Plus it wasn’t a Phantom Draft, just a mock draft based on needs, not on who actually goes where.

After the mock draft finished, Cal linked us to both Curtin & Caddy, which is interesting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2021 said:

I never count on Sheehan to be realistic in terms of who goes where. Plus it wasn’t a Phantom Draft, just a mock draft based on needs, not on who actually goes where.

After the mock draft finished, Cal linked us to both Curtin & Caddy, which is interesting.

Think we'll take Caddy with the first pick, hopefully Windsor with the second if he's there

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    GALLANT by KC from Casey

    The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

    … meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

    The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 138

    PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

    VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

    POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 393

    GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 503

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...