15 minutes ago, Dee Dee said:

Just for interest, how old were David Neitz and Nate Jones when they played their 150th?

From a quick check of AFL Tables both Neitz and Jones were approximately 25 years 150 days old at their 150th games.

Chunk of course only played 2 finals in his first 150, whereas Clarry has played in 8.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In an earlier post  150 out of a possible 160 games.  talk about consistency

No one at the MFC has done that quick before  and I don't know of anyone at any other club that might have done something similar,

Have a great game on Sunday   Go DEES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Clarry hope you have a ripper and more importantly a win in your 150th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Deeko2 said:

Barring injury, will play well over 300 games and most likely finish his career as our most decorated player ever (subject to a couple more flags).

The thing that excites me about Clarry (and Trac) is that he's a wonderful contested mark and was a really good junior forward.  I have no doubt when he gets a tad older, he'll be able to spend more time up forward and have a genuine impact there as well as the midfield.

Have you seen the strapping on his shoulder? His overhead marking isn’t elite.

judd was also limited overhead however had a stellar career

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 640MD said:

In an earlier post  150 out of a possible 160 games.  talk about consistency

No one at the MFC has done that quick before  and I don't know of anyone at any other club that might have done something similar,

Have a great game on Sunday   Go DEES

I suspect Dustin Martin might be similar. I seem to recall he only missed something like 8 games out of his first 200.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I suspect Dustin Martin might be similar. I seem to recall he only missed something like 8 games out of his first 200.

To be honest,   he is not a bad player either, similar ranking, certainly from Tiger supporters

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, Deeko2 said:

Barring injury, will play well over 300 games and most likely finish his career as our most decorated player ever (subject to a couple more flags).

The thing that excites me about Clarry (and Trac) is that he's a wonderful contested mark and was a really good junior forward.  I have no doubt when he gets a tad older, he'll be able to spend more time up forward and have a genuine impact there as well as the midfield.

It's been such an enjoyable journey watching this talent develop. Amazing to think we are only halfway through this viewing this greatness.

Trac and Clarry are contracted for another 6 and 7 seasons so surely will have the opportunity to make 300.
We will probably get another 100 out of Angus too who has 5 years left on his current deal. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, layzie said:

I feel like this milestone needs some amazing Clarry artwork by a talented creative. 

Make sure you check out the banner this weekend. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Amazing player and one that makes people that don't watch much AFL go WOW, we are kinda used to his amazingly quick hands so may not appreciate it as much as we used to but geeze he is 1 of a kind.

Just wish he'd find a new barber coz his latest do is offensive, can't believe there photographer kept still for long enough to take this photo while phsl 🤮 🤣🤣🤣

image.png.5869ba4f069c0d2f7bbe835391ecf017.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AzzKikA said:

Amazing player and one that makes people that don't watch much AFL go WOW, we are kinda used to his amazingly quick hands so may not appreciate it as much as we used to but geeze he is 1 of a kind.

Just wish he'd find a new barber coz his latest do is offensive, can't believe there photographer kept still for long enough to take this photo while phsl 🤮 🤣🤣🤣

image.png.5869ba4f069c0d2f7bbe835391ecf017.png

It aint pretty. Still you have to love Clarry's all round carefree attitude!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, layzie said:

It aint pretty. Still you have to love Clarry's all round carefree attitude!

Mrs Fritta’s 50th was held at the Coldstream FC. I was standing looking up at the honours board, framed jumpers etc. when a bloke came and stood next to me. We chatted for a bit about footy and life in general. He asked me how I knew Pauline. I told him how we became friends through the cheer squad. I asked him the same thing. He said, “our kids play footy together.” I says, “yeah? What’s your kid’s name?” He says, “Clayton.” On the outside I was like “so you’re Clarrie’s dad, cool.” But on the inside I had stopped breathing and was going into mild cardiac arrest knowing I was in the presence of the creator of greatness. My poker face clearly betrayed me coz then he said, “we’re just a regular ordinary family. Nothing special.”

So it’s no wonder Clarrie is as down to earth and humble as he is. 

Incidentally, both of his parents speak clearly, so I guess that trait must skip a generation. 😂

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

Congrats on 150 games to Clayton Oliver!

Clarry is already the best Demon in my lifetime. Scary to think he's only 25 and still has so much elite footy ahead of him. He's the best inside midfielder in my lifetime too. His quick hands and ability to absorb tackles and dispose cleanly is unmatched by anyone. Some of his groundball gets while on the move are just [censored]. His toughness and ability to win contested ball is unmatched by anyone. Top 5 in the league for tackles too, so he works hard both ways and is very very consistent. 

Back to back coaches MVP awards puts him alongside Gary Ablett Jnr and ahead of Dusty, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Bontempelli etc. When his career is finished, you'd look at that and say it's right. If he didn't have gun team mates like Petracca, Gawn, Brayshaw etc stealing Brownlow votes off him, he'd have won 2-3 Brownlows by now. He's the most consistent and hard midfielder in the league. Coaches would dream of having him in their side. He'd be first picked league wide.

Here's hoping Clarry can stay healthy and fit and give us 150 more!

Choo Choo!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Mrs Fritta’s 50th was held at the Coldstream FC. I was standing looking up at the honours board, framed jumpers etc. when a bloke came and stood next to me. We chatted for a bit about footy and life in general. He asked me how I knew Pauline. I told him how we became friends through the cheer squad. I asked him the same thing. He said, “our kids play footy together.” I says, “yeah? What’s your kid’s name?” He says, “Clayton.” On the outside I was like “so you’re Clarrie’s dad, cool.” But on the inside I had stopped breathing and was going into mild cardiac arrest knowing I was in the presence of the creator of greatness. My poker face clearly betrayed me coz then he said, “we’re just a regular ordinary family. Nothing special.”

So it’s no wonder Clarrie is as down to earth and humble as he is. 

Incidentally, both of his parents speak clearly, so I guess that trait must skip a generation. 😂

Great story WCW, love it!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Sneak peek? 👀👀

It hasn’t been made yet, but it will be a fitting tribute to Clarrie in pics. Will be made tomorrow night. Defs a sneak peek then! Just don’t show anyone, ok?! 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

It hasn’t been made yet, but it will be a fitting tribute to Clarrie in pics. Will be made tomorrow night. Defs a sneak peek then! Just don’t show anyone, ok?! 😁

you know wcw i rarely get a good look at the banner and especially both sides

you could start an ongoing thread that shows each week's banner (both sides). doesn't matter if you post a day later or whatever. that way we have an ongoing photographic record of all the dee army's creative work

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

you know wcw i rarely get a good look at the banner and especially both sides

you could start an ongoing thread that shows each week's banner (both sides). doesn't matter if you post a day later or whatever. that way we have an ongoing photographic record of all the dee army's creative work

Done! It can be on the day of, or the following day. Gotta abide by the rules. 👍🏽

• Like 6
  • Clap 1