PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Brisbane

Demonland

4 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Yes and if it goes again.... might not be back till well into second half if lucky.  No doubt the FD won't be pushing to get him in unless he's cherry ripe

i guess the only people are know the exact nature of May's injury are the High Performance team. There is no way they would play him if they were not confident.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

Keidean Coleman is apparently out this week which is handy given his speed and class off half back.

Yeah, he would be a big out as he is one of their only players that can break through good defensive setups.

23 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

i guess the only people are know the exact nature of May's injury are the High Performance team. There is no way they would play him if they were not confident.

Absolutely ... plus Maysy himself of course

4 hours ago, layzie said:

Viney and Fritsch are locks. May I feel will miss again as it seems like the calf was more than a niggle. Salo has missed a fair bit of action so a hitout with Casey could be just what he needs. 

They don't normally like to bring players with plenty of credits back through the McGoos layzie

However in this instance, especially given the state of our list, the FD def has some luxuries afforded to it (if they wish).

Add to this the apparent lack of hard edged match fitness & run that we used to see in Salo (21 and prior) that appeared to be missing last season, personally i would much rather see him hit certain KPIs before a recall.

We want every line firing at its peak this season wherever possible and no better opportunity here than to have Salo build up his match fitness & running capability at Casey imv

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Mmm, not sure about that. 

According to burgess, leading into the GF they deliberately didn't tell May, who thought he had a strained hammy, that he had torn it pretty badly (though im sure Webber would say a strain IS a tear)

Edited by binman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, binman said:

Mmm, not sure about that. 

According to burgess, leading into the GF they deliberately didn't tell May, who thought he had a strained hammy, that he had torn it pretty badly (though im sure Webber would say a strain IS a tear)

Yep, at very least microscopic tears. But I'm not Webber 

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2023 at 11:06 PM, Jaded No More said:

Does Hibbo come into consideration this week to take on Charlie Cameron?

He worries the bejesus out of me and I don’t think it would be fair to play McVee on him. 

No. Back the McVee in. Does not look like the type of kid that will be phased. 

• Like 7

Brisbane are going to come out absolutely breathing fire, this is going to be a much tighter game.

I still think we get the job done, our backs will make it very tough for their forwards to take enough marks to kick a winning score, and all 3 have very litttle impact once the ball hits the ground. so they'll rely on the smalls getting at least half of their score. 

on the other side i don't think their defense will be able to match up on us well enough and guys will continuously bob up and kick goals. 

Dees by 21 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

The players aren’t necessarily told the ‘whole story.’ This is where sports psychology comes into play. 

• Like 3

Hey @layzie !!!!!

can you guess where I am right now?

clue: it’s Tuesday, and my sense of direction still sucks.

Pictorial clue:

227E53D0-124E-41CD-8EE9-A0EFB851AFA5.thumb.jpeg.65516044a11d8bb32b4ee681010c6220.jpeg

No, it’s not the 3rd round of interviews for Gil’s job. 

That’s next Tuesday 😝

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hey @layzie !!!!!

can you guess where I am right now?

clue: it’s Tuesday, and my sense of direction still sucks.

Pictorial clue:

227E53D0-124E-41CD-8EE9-A0EFB851AFA5.thumb.jpeg.65516044a11d8bb32b4ee681010c6220.jpeg

No, it’s not the 3rd round of interviews for Gil’s job. 

That’s next Tuesday 😝

Well if nothing else at least you saw me next Tuesday 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

Laurie should go out regardless of how many of the four injured stars are returning. Jordon and Melksham are miles ahead. 

I'm hoping that we are smarter than dropping a first gamer who did a few good things but didn't set the world on fire. The FD clearly see his potential and a run of games in a successful, winning side is what good teams do to develop players. And we are a good team

• Like 2

Does anyone know what Laurie's role was Saturday? Trying to remember where he was positioned but cannot for the life of it see it in my minds eye. I guess the obvious out is Laurie for Fritta but is he replacing a player in the right role? Isn't Chandler playing Frittas role? So we shuffle Chandler to do whatever it was Laurie was supposed to be doing and slot Fritta in his usual one? Then Pickett out Viney in, not really like for like as Kosy only played a small % in the middle whereas JV will be in there often. Those 2 at a minimum have to come back in but I'm hoping it doesn't upset the balance we had from Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

I'm hoping that we are smarter than dropping a first gamer who did a few good things but didn't set the world on fire. The FD clearly see his potential and a run of games in a successful, winning side is what good teams do to develop players. And we are a good team

Nothing wrong with dropping first game players, I would say it helps their development to give them a taste. The experience is vital but leaving a kid in there just to give him experience I think is detrimental when they aren't breakout ready to play first year players like Oliver was.

Just my simple opinion of course.

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

I don't think he'd be available for selection at any level if they thought he's at risk of further injury. VFL or AFL, you would not take chances on your best forward 2 years running if you suspected his foot might blow up.

We have enough players with dodgy feet thanks. 

I am so torn. Honestly, I think we will struggle to win the flag without Fritsch in the forward line, but if I had the opportunity to see a human foot literally explode on field…

Edited by FlashInThePan
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Nothing wrong with dropping first game players, I would say it helps their development to give them a taste. The experience is vital but leaving a kid in there just to give him experience I think is detrimental when they aren't breakout ready to play first year players like Oliver was.

Just my simple opinion of course.

In this case Azz, I’m with Stiff Arm. Confidence is so powerful. To drop him after one game would be to kill what (probs little) confidence he has left after Saturday.