Jump to content

The 2023 AFL Fixture


Whispering_Jack

Recommended Posts

On 12/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Can you blame our fans when games are scheduled down there on a Thursday night, plus our ticket allocation is reduced due to the taxpayer funded ground enhancements that they are receiving down there…………again.

No I don't blame our fans for the reduced ticket allocation. That should be significantly increased. I would also be appalled if we play them at their home when the grounds under construction with a supposed max. capacity of 17,000. If that happens to be the case the club should be kicking up a stink to get it moved - even to the dome

When I refer to MFC fans not being good travelers, I refer to your average fan as opposed to the die hards on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Deebauched said:

5 teams must finish 14 15 16 17 and spoon.

If not the crows, North -under clarkson - or eagles  then who?

Brad Scott has come out and clarified expectations with Essendon supporters - they  shouldn't expect to see any improvement in the short term as they have a very young list and the need to improve standards... that's coach talk for it's going to get worse before it gets better. 

It will also be interesting to watch to see who finishes lower on the ladder between North and Hawthorn.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks won the spoon. 

Edited by grazman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, Demonland said:

Most Games at Kardinia Park in the AFL era (1990 to 2023)

  TOTAL
Melbourne 25
Brisbane 24
West Coast 24
Adelaide 23
Western Bulldogs 23
North Melbourne 22
Sydney 22
Fremantle 20
St. Kilda 19
Port Adelaide 16
Richmond 15
Hawthorn 9
Gold Coast 7
GWS 7
Carlton 6
Essendon 5
Fitzroy 4
Collingwood 3

If there was  quadrupple vomit Emoji, I'd wack that in on the strength of that info. Its a real disgrace, bloody Feral falseteeths of humanity 3 times, Carltank 6 us on top of course🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😱🥶🤬💩👺😡

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If there was  quadrupple vomit Emoji, I'd wack that in on the strength of that info. Its a real disgrace, bloody Feral falseteeths of humanity 3 times, Carltank 6 us on top of course🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😱🥶🤬💩👺😡

Very eloquently put picket !!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Carlton will win the flag in 23. 

Aside from lacking a great ruckman (and Geelong showed you don't need one), and potentially one key defender short, they have the list to win the flag.

Melbourne and Bulldogs have shown that you don't need to contest a bunch of finals series to finally win one. Just one suffices before the club can go and win one.

2022 should've been Carlton's brief finals apprenticeship, with 2023 the year they win it.

IMO, that's been pushed back a year due to their late season implosion.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 hours ago, binman said:

The other things the dogs have in their favour is the pressure of song the 2021 bigly won't be such a mill stone around their neck.

And you'd hope for their sakes bevo clams his farm and they avoid the own goals that impacted the start of their 2022 season.

I'm really curious to see if bevo changes their game plan they way Scott did, and adopt a territory model.

Their flick it around, fast transition of the hb model isn't going to win them another flag IMO. As much as he is a bit out there, i rate bevo as coach and wont be shocked if he makes some big changes to how they play.

To think the "desire" song  had any thing to do with the Dogs finishing eighth last year snd resultant pressure is laughable.

In the real scheme of things it's a minute wrapped up in a season of no real consequence for their season. It might not be even mentioned  when they  play us.

If you believe anything else you have no idea of the psyche of modern day sport!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not directly related to the Fixture but don't want to start a new thread.  Barrett is starting early with his negative 'headlines' of the MFC.

Yesterday his podcast was captioned:  How 'hubris' got to Dees with a picture of the players after the round 23 loss to Brisb.

Today his podcast is captioned:  The off-field drama that rocked the 2022 season with a picture of May and Melksham.

I'll confess that I haven't listened to either.  Not worth the effort as he just whines and whinges.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Not directly related to the Fixture but don't want to start a new thread.  Barrett is starting early with his negative 'headlines' of the MFC.

Yesterday his podcast was captioned:  How 'hubris' got to Dees with a picture of the players after the round 23 loss to Brisb.

Today his podcast is captioned:  The off-field drama that rocked the 2022 season with a picture of May and Melksham.

I'll confess that I haven't listened to either.  Not worth the effort as he just whines and whinges.

 

i never listen to his podcasts. can't stand the worm.

  • Like 1
  • Clap 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Not directly related to the Fixture but don't want to start a new thread.  Barrett is starting early with his negative 'headlines' of the MFC.

Yesterday his podcast was captioned:  How 'hubris' got to Dees with a picture of the players after the round 23 loss to Brisb.

Today his podcast is captioned:  The off-field drama that rocked the 2022 season with a picture of May and Melksham.

I'll confess that I haven't listened to either.  Not worth the effort as he just whines and whinges.

 

Barrett's key points as follows:

1. We were a dog ordinary footy side after starting 10-0. (How can one argue with this as we went 6-8 after round 10)

2. The May/Melksham affair proved to be a terrible distraction

3. We wouldn't change anything up as the season progressed. Come finals time we actually couldn't as injuries and fatigue set in. Premiers need to add another point of difference if they want to stay ahead of the pack.

It was a very basic analysis but one you can't really disagree with.

His co-host Nat Edwards thought that the Dees would go undefeated after round 10. If that was the case, the state of the competition would be pretty dire as we weren't playing particularly well in the first 10 rounds and didn't beat a top 6 contender in that period.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 58er said:

To think the "desire" song  had any thing to do with the Dogs finishing eighth last year snd resultant pressure is laughable.

In the real scheme of things it's a minute wrapped up in a season of no real consequence for their season. It might not be even mentioned  when they  play us.

If you believe anything else you have no idea of the psyche of modern day sport!

 

58er, i'm not quite sure what your deal is, but you are incredibly argumentative and more than little rude and condescending in many of your posts - this post being one such example ("If you believe anything else you have no idea of the psyche of modern day sport!" - really?).

The approach you take is why i don't bother replying to any of your posts (many of which have some reasonable points).

But i'll make an exception in this case. 

Please explain to me why you have seemingly attributed to me a belief that 'the desire song had anything to do with the Dogs finishing eighth last year'?

I'm genuinely confused

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Melbourne were not a dog ordinary side. They finished 2nd on the ladder after beating the Lions on their turf. We had a damn tough fixture whilst Geelong  'rested up' in the second half  of the season with a dream draw. They even got 15 days in the mid season bye. We got f##k all.  Melbourne players were banged up after a tough season.

Goodwin should have experimented more when we were 10-0 . Should of tossed some hungry Casey players into the forward line and see how it went. We had nothing to lose.

 

  • Like 7
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, binman said:

The other things the dogs have in their favour is the pressure of song the 2021 bigly won't be such a mill stone around their neck.

And you'd hope for their sakes bevo clams his farm and they avoid the own goals that impacted the start of their 2022 season.

I'm really curious to see if bevo changes their game plan they way Scott did, and adopt a territory model.

Their flick it around, fast transition of the hb model isn't going to win them another flag IMO. As much as he is a bit out there, i rate bevo as coach and wont be shocked if he makes some big changes to how they play.

 

1 hour ago, binman said:

58er, i'm not quite sure what your deal is, but you are incredibly argumentative and more than little rude and condescending in many of your posts - this post being one such example ("If you believe anything else you have no idea of the psyche of modern day sport!" - really?).

The approach you take is why i don't bother replying to any of your posts (many of which have some reasonable points).

But i'll make an exception in this case. 

Please explain to me why you have seemingly attributed to me a belief that 'the desire song had anything to do with the Dogs finishing eighth last year'?

I'm genuinely confused

Not sure what you were trying to say in that first par Bin "... of song the 2021 bigly ..." but old mate has taken umbrage.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, old55 said:

 

Not sure what you were trying to say in that first par Bin "... of song the 2021 bigly ..." but old mate has taken umbrage.

Ahh, thanks. Got it. Typo on my behalf.

It was meant to read:

'The other things the dogs have in their favor is the pressure of losing in 2021 bigly won't be such a mill stone around their neck.'

That's to say, getting smashed in the 2021 GF was a psychological issue they had to overcome - and arguably, like so many teams who lose a GF, they struggled to do so. 

The Swans face the same issue next season.

The points i made about posting etiquette remain valid.

For example, 58er might have clarified what i actually meant (given it is pretty obviously a typo), before resorting to a sledge 

Edited by binman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Aside from lacking a great ruckman (and Geelong showed you don't need one), and potentially one key defender short, they have the list to win the flag.

Melbourne and Bulldogs have shown that you don't need to contest a bunch of finals series to finally win one. Just one suffices before the club can go and win one.

2022 should've been Carlton's brief finals apprenticeship, with 2023 the year they win it.

IMO, that's been pushed back a year due to their late season implosion.

 

Agree entirely. On balance they were a top 4 side last year - people talk about Collingwood's statistical anomaly - the team on the flipside of that anomaly was Carlton. Lost quite a few very close ones.

They have every piece in place and a coach who has learnt some humility, we know can inspire and has them playing tough footy. They've got offence figured out (bit like us in 18). 

Perhaps a roleplayer or two short, but you could say that about most contenders. 

I declared them 23 victors but we know you need a lot of luck....put it this way - they'd be very short odds to win 1 of the next 3 or 5.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 hours ago, binman said:

Ahh, thanks. Got it. Typo on my behalf.

It was meant to read:

'The other things the dogs have in their favor is the pressure of losing in 2021 bigly won't be such a mill stone around their neck.'

That's to say, getting smashed in the 2021 GF was a psychological issue they had to overcome - and arguably, like so many teams who lose a GF, they struggled to do so. 

The Swans face the same issue next season.

The points i made about posting etiquette remain valid.

For example, 58er might have clarified what i actually meant (given it is pretty obviously a typo), before resorting to a sledge 

Binman and Old 55 

With the typo looking like you included the Song I naturally  thought that it was " Desire etc " that you were including in your reasons for the Dogs drop in 2022, not being able to handle that. 

You May criticise that Binman but IMO it's crazy but not the worst of opinions about footy I have heard  in D/L.

And about my aggression yes I am forthright uncompromising and direct on occasions because it generally an issue that is being looked at wrongly IMO. My responses are on occasions too personal snd can be disrespectful   at  times. But usually it's again about  Tmac to the wing he has a tank!!  You need more than that and he did it only as a cameo to warm him up in 2018 before he was switched to CHF, Really  he is great and reasonably clever when on the run but his turning circle is just slightly less than the Queen Mary.

Sorry point take  but it's fun having a little run in in writing!! 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 58er said:

Binman and Old 55 

With the typo looking like you included the Song I naturally  thought that it was " Desire etc " that you were including in your reasons for the Dogs drop in 2022, not being able to handle that. 

You May criticise that Binman but IMO it's crazy but not the worst of opinions about footy I have heard  in D/L.

And about my aggression yes I am forthright uncompromising and direct on occasions because it generally an issue that is being looked at wrongly IMO. My responses are on occasions too personal snd can be disrespectful   at  times. But usually it's again about  Tmac to the wing he has a tank!!  You need more than that and he did it only as a cameo to warm him up in 2018 before he was switched to CHF, Really  he is great and reasonably clever when on the run but his turning circle is just slightly less than the Queen Mary.

Sorry point take  but it's fun having a little run in in writing!! 

 

 

 

 

Ok 58er, lets move on.

As you say, the free from desire palaver was not an issue.

But bevos unhinged approach to media prior to the season commencing , right up to that ridiculous outburst against Tom Morris, was a distraction the dogs could have done without.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had another look at the fixture this arvo and some brief observations:

1) First time we’ve played Adelaide the MCG in front of a crowd since 2016

2) First time we’ve played Carlton on a Friday night since 2011

3) First time we’ve played Essendon in the Saturday twilight slot.

4) First time we’ve played Hawthorn as the away team in the Saturday twilight spot.

5) First time we’ve played North on a Saturday night at the MCG.

6) First time we’ve played Richmond in the second half of a season as the away team since 2011

7) First time we’ve played Sydney in the 3:20 Sunday timeslot since 2018.

8) First time we’ve played West coast on a Sunday in Perth since 2020.

9) First time we’ve played Western Bulldogs at the MCG in front of a crowd on a Saturday night since 2014.

10) First time we’ve played North and Carlton twice in the one year since 2017.

 

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Just had another look at the fixture this arvo and some brief observations:

1) First time we’ve played Adelaide the MCG in front of a crowd since 2016

2) First time we’ve played Carlton on a Friday night since 2011

3) First time we’ve played Essendon in the Saturday twilight slot.

4) First time we’ve played Hawthorn as the away team in the Saturday twilight spot.

5) First time we’ve played North on a Saturday night at the MCG.

6) First time we’ve played Richmond in the second half of a season as the away team since 2011

7) First time we’ve played Sydney in the 3:20 Sunday timeslot since 2018.

8) First time we’ve played West coast on a Sunday in Perth since 2020.

9) First time we’ve played Western Bulldogs at the MCG in front of a crowd on a Saturday night since 2014.

10) First time we’ve played North and Carlton twice in the one year since 2017.

 

That's pretty wild 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 45

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...