Welcome to Demonland Matthew Jefferson

Supreme_Demon

masterchef junior GIF by Fox TV

Guess Picket’s off his chops.

• Haha 1

ONE CHANGE ONE LOUSY CHANGE BOWEY for Clarry, This really stinks, MFC for the following reasons

1 Royce Hart 6 goals in the season nuf said

2 Melksham..... been BOG HORRIBLE for 3 weeks but STILL GETS A MATES RATES GAME

3 Chandler ANY chance of a goal 

Shhhhhhhhhheeez just pathetic season gone and not only dont they play Jeffo, but Brown Dog,Woey and Laurie dont get a chance to impress.Should have played all these young guys GOODWIN OUT is my call! 

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 4
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

ONE CHANGE ONE LOUSY CHANGE BOWEY for Clarry, This really stinks, MFC for the following reasons

Shhhhhhhhhheeez just pathetic season gone and not only dont they play Jeffo, but Brown Dog,Woey and Laurie dont get a chance to impress.Should have played all these young guys GOODWIN OUT is my call! 

Make your point without the attack on other players. 

5 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Make your point without the attack on other players. 

Fair enough but, performances have been Shizzen!

The Weed back playing in the big league, would have been handy.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, FreedFromDesire said:

With no sign of a debut video, and no rumours around of Jefferson playing this week; it seems he will not be picked. If this is the case, I believe the club has not read the room. Not only does the comparative form of he and those he could replace make it a worthwhile decision, but with supporters continually calling for it for weeks it would be a much welcome piece of positive news at a time where supporters are absolutely desperate for some.

I wouldn't suggest he should debut purely based on supporter sentiment of course, he deserves a game as it stands on it's own. Perhaps they're saving it for the MCG, but I do feel we will miss a trick by not playing him.

So now we want the club to read Demonland before selecting the team….? Watch Jefferson play, he’s miles off AFL

4 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

So now we want the club to read Demonland before selecting the team….? Watch Jefferson play, he’s miles off AFL

On what EVIDENCE are you basing your judgement on?????? Lets hear your footy appraisal ?!!

Edited by picket fence

4 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Not sure he's that far off, he's listed as an emergency for us which we usually do to indicate those next in line

Edited by adonski
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I did make it clear in my post I absolutely don't think selection should be based on sentiment. I've seen most Casey games this year, albeit only a few in person, and I've been impressed by his progression as the year has gone on. I had pretty much written him off before the season started but now I see a genuine developing forward. 

Petty was miles off AFL for months this year yet he was still selected. If we had consistency I would be far happier, but I do also believe Jefferson's form over recent months has been very close to warranting selection - Clearly, given he's been named emergency numerous times the club also believe he's good enough to play AFL if needed.

I'm willing to be patient as I know he's a longer term prospect, and being such can be hard on a young person, but "miles off AFL" he is not.

Edited by FreedFromDesire
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

I did make it clear in my post I absolutely don't think selection should be based on sentiment. I've seen most Casey games this year, albeit only a few in person, and I've been impressed by his progression as the year as has gone on. I had pretty much written him off before the season started but now I see a genuine developing forward. 

Petty was miles off AFL for months this year yet he was still selected. If we had consistency I would be far happier, but I do also believe Jefferson's form over recent months has been very close to warranting selection - Clearly, given he's been named emergency numerous times the club also believe he's good enough to play AFL if needed.

I'm willing to be patient as I know he's a longer term prospect, and being such can be hard on a young person, but "miles off AFL" he is not.

At last..an unbiased football thinking appraisal! WELCOME!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Hold your breath Picket he could still come in and if not, then next week against the old enemy.

37 minutes ago, picket fence said:

On what EVIDENCE are you basing your judgement on?????? Lets hear your footy appraisal ?!!

Watching Casey play. He’s not strong enough physically for mine nor does he hit contests hard enough for a key forward. He’s improving no doubts but he’s at least a big preseason away from a game. GC have a strong defence and we kick to the top of the square……you do the Math on that. By the way I’m looking forward to your training reports. Keep an eye out for players drinking beers and fighting between themselves and the coaches.  😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Fence, if you truly, truly love Jeffo the way you say you do, surely you'd prefer the young man made his debut in 2025.

WHEN THERE IS A CHANCE THE HOPEFULLY NEW COACH OF THE FORWARD LINE HAS SOME CONCEPT OF HOW ONE OPERATES RATHER THAN DUMP THE LAD IN THE SHIITSHOW CURRENTLY MASQUERADING AS OUR ATTACK !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, Go the Biff said:

Fence, if you truly, truly love Jeffo the way you say you do, surely you'd prefer the young man made his debut in 2025.

WHEN THERE IS A CHANCE THE HOPEFULLY NEW COACH OF THE FORWARD LINE HAS SOME CONCEPT OF HOW ONE OPERATES RATHER THAN DUMP THE LAD IN THE SHIITSHOW CURRENTLY MASQUERADING AS OUR ATTACK !!!!!

Hnmmmmmm 

Only if Darren Burgess is coach!!

• Thinking 1

On 11/08/2024 at 16:18, Binmans PA said:

If TMac hangs them up, Petty goes back, and there's a forward spot alongside JVR and Turner for the taking.

But if TMac plays on, Jefferson will need to get games ahead of Turner. And Turner is very good in the air and is nimble and agile at ground level for a big guy.

Jefferson shares similar traits, but Turner has him for physicality at this stage.

l think with another preseason Turner will be preferred over Tmac. Tmac will be a spare parts guy as Tomlinson is. Tomlinson may need to look elsewhere. BBB will need to retire. Schache will be another backup. Jeffersen can play the floating 3rd tall if he is ready like Gunston did in his prime

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Assume we're bringing Bowey in to cover off McVee for a heavier stint (2nd week after a 22% CBA last week) in the middle PF.

1.  Is a fabulous point and this is where Simon misses the boat.  Jeffo is probably another pre-season away from handling the next level but who cares.  ONCE YOU'RE OUT OF FINALS CONTENTION WHO GIVES A FF.  GET HIM IN FOR MELK AND GIVE THE YOUNG BLOKE A LOOK / SEE AND LET'S SEE WHERE HE'S AT.  GIVE HIM SOME BLOODY HOPE ALSO TO PUSH HARDER FOR NEXT SEASON!  THIS IS WHERE SIMON LOSES ME ALSO.

2.  Nothing against Melk.  Great servant of the club and can turn it on when fully fit and in form but HIT THE WALL TWO WEEKS AGO!  WHY CAN'T SIMON SEE THIS.??  BLIND FREDDY!

3.  Chandler.  Laundered for his defensive work and scrapping.  Has a major tank and gets to plemty of contests.  But as you say  doesn't bother the scorer very often and gets caught with ball quite a bit so offers not much with ball in hand.

Not sure why you couldn't bring in Brown Dog as sub and at least show him the work rate required then give him a quarter or slightly more in a swap for Chin! about half way throuvh the third?

Again what do we have to lose?  LEARNINGS SIMON!

Woey's had a few looks this year as has Laurie.  Not fussed on those two.  Woey i'd give one more run in 2025 but needs to start taking his chances.  Laurie... still not convinced he has what it takes to make it at the next level. 

Bedford a big loss here ugh!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1