Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

6 minutes ago, Theo said:

Trade radio this morning said that James Harmes was seen at the Hangar last week.

I did wonder whether we were going to look to offload another contract in that $500k range, along with Tomlinson, and Hunt's contract nearer to probably $350-400k.

Giving Melksham and Hibberd one year deals on small dollars, along with a two year deal for Smith on small dollars, I reckon we're opening up cap space for a very big fish this year or next.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

SEN said this morning that Freo are offering Pick 13 and F1, but want a second round in return. They can get farrked

That ‘22 pick would want to have been upgraded to a pick comfortably inside the first 10 for us to send a 2nd back the other way.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

How many number 1 picks have Carlton had?! Did I hear correctly recently that Horne-Francis is the only number 1 draft pick North have ever had? 

Murphy, Weitering + ?

I'm assuming ours includes Jeff White, even though he was originally picked by Freo

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Won’t start a new thread. Probably shouldn’t even post. Might delete later. 

I suggested this the moment he retired. We get him for pick 80 plus which is better then drafting a kid with limited ability. We pay him a basic wage on the promise of a premiership. Play him sparingly and then let him lose for finals. If it doesn't work we lose nothing. Alternative is to wait for Weid to come up, no thanks we know how that ends

Edited by Demons1858
  • Like 1

On JHF you would be gutted as a nth fan, I know scully left us but at least he left us for a new club and plenty of money. This kid just wants out and I think he is using the clarko situation as an excuse. He knows his team is [censored] and won't be playing finals for awhile. 

Obviously wants to be closer to his mates and family and you can tell by his body language all year he didn't really enjoy it. 

Nth are better to let him go this year. They won't change his mind next year and he comes out of contract anyway and he brings bad body language and attitude around the club anyway and they don't want that. 

It does kind of amuse though that nth are going to lose there potential young gun. 

But man if he does get to port imagine the boos and [censored] he will cop from the nth fans next year. 

2 hours ago, SA Red n Blue said:

What benefit is it to the club in keeping him?

The bloke refuses to train or play, still gets paid & then leaves at end of next year anyway. It happens in other sporting codes where blokes that don’t want to be there just disrupt the club, cause trouble & that hurts the club more. 
Take a trade now & get 2 good picks for him & get rid of the cancer. New coach & time to start fresh in their rebuild.

If his role model is Fabian Francis, North should take the deal and be done with it. Let it be Port's problem

His behaviour this year indicates they should've traded #1 last year to Adelaide while they had the chance. Would've been better putting the time and resources into two later first rounders in 2022 rather than a homesick kid with poor attitude from the start

Edited by Stiff Arm
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, A F said:

I did wonder whether we were going to look to offload another contract in that $500k range, along with Tomlinson, and Hunt's contract nearer to probably $350-400k.

Giving Melksham and Hibberd one year deals on small dollars, along with a two year deal for Smith on small dollars, I reckon we're opening up cap space for a very big fish this year or next.

l think its more a case of players wanting opportunity in what has been a very structured and regimented game plan and selection strategy. Might also be thinking Brayshaw will get the remaining midfield time.  Especially hate it when a player feels they need to leave the club they supported

Edited by Demons1858
  • Thinking 1

42 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

If Freo can turn pick 13 into a top 10 pick it would end up the practically the same as we paid for Lever.  This would seem fair.

with them losing Lobb and Logue plus Tucker they will struggle to kick a score next year. Especially if Fyfe and Tabener are still crocked.

F1 could be a top 10 pick

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Tarranto and Hopper could be Tigers as of today:

Richmond - TT & JH
GWS - 12, 19, 30 & F1

Tigers going the Geelong model. 2 great players, will have them in top 4 contention next year

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

If Freo can turn pick 13 into a top 10 pick it would end up the practically the same as we paid for Lever.  This would seem fair.

Levers CV was nowhere as good as Jackson

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

On JHF you would be gutted as a nth fan, I know scully left us but at least he left us for a new club and plenty of money. This kid just wants out and I think he is using the clarko situation as an excuse. He knows his team is [censored] and won't be playing finals for awhile. 

Obviously wants to be closer to his mates and family and you can tell by his body language all year he didn't really enjoy it. 

Nth are better to let him go this year. They won't change his mind next year and he comes out of contract anyway and he brings bad body language and attitude around the club anyway and they don't want that. 

It does kind of amuse though that nth are going to lose there potential young gun. 

But man if he does get to port imagine the boos and [censored] he will cop from the nth fans next year. 

to make it worse, this time last year JHF would have been telling North he wants to go to them and will be loyal. unless his attitude changes, he won't make it as a quality AFL player.  buyer beware

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

I shudder just thinking about Barry Prendergast.... would have to be the worst recruiter in history or at least a close second to SOS.

SOS has built a list that has/had few holes in it at 2 clubs ... as for BP definately agree. The blues if coached well should finish top 4 to 6 for a number of years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

SEN said this morning that Freo are offering Pick 13 and F1, but want a second round in return. They can get farrked

Yep, Bellend and co can GTFO. If the shoe was on the other foot, he’d be kicking and screaming for picks 1, 2 & 3

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

I shudder just thinking about Barry Prendergast.... would have to be the worst recruiter in history or at least a close second to SOS.

He was bad, always seemed to go for nice lightly built skillful players who didn't have any competitive edge about them 

• Sad 1

Not  happy with the early speculation so far. 

Not sure who we are clearing the cap space for as well given there is only Grundy we are publically going after. Maybe it’s Kozzys next deal? Would have thought you’d just give him what he’s currently earning + Hunt + Bedfords earnings for the next 3 -4 years~ 500K for 4 years 

• Like 2