Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Have no idea what will happen with Jake Melksham from a contract point of view.

But Corowa Rutherglen Football Club have pretty much a senior coaching role for him to walk into if he is delisted.

Brother Darcy plays senior footy here for the Roos and his dad Dave is a development coach.

Are you from up that way DD, good mate of mine comes from Corowa, his mum still lives up there

21 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Exactly!!!! Some supporters just have it in for Goodwin

But in their defence, when he eventually leaves the club they can say they were right all along and he wasn’t the right guy🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Are you from up that way DD, good mate of mine comes from Corowa, his mum still lives up there

Albury mate. Grew up around the area so know Corowa inside out.

Missus family are big part of the Corowa Footy Club and have been for many years.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, A F said:

I love how last year our flag was built off the coaching of our assistant coaches and now when we don't win it, it's all Goodwin's fault.

It's certainly a collective as a whole I agree and I have mentioned them as a group together.

Yze and his mids were poor during the finals series. The connection between Gawn and the mids was completely out of wack as it had been in certain parts of the year. We had two best ruck combo in the game and we got beaten around clearances far too easy for my liking.

I think Stafford will be under pressure the most to keep his job. Line coach of a pretty dysfunctional forward line wouldn't exactly look good on his record

I think Goodwin will reflect back on this year and know deep down if he had his time again he would have done things different.

We know he's a good coach as much as he's frustrated the hell out of me. He'll learn from it.

Said during the week that regardless what happens this finals series I'm genuinely excited we can do some serious damage next year.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Albury mate. Grew up around the area so know Corowa inside out.

Missus family are big part of the Corowa Footy Club and have been for many years.

Pete Shanahan lives in Perth now, but he’s from that neck of the woods

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It's certainly a collective as a whole I agree and I have mentioned them as a group together.

Yze and his mids were poor during the finals series. The connection between Gawn and the mids was completely out of wack as it had been in certain parts of the year. We had two best ruck combo in the game and we got beaten around clearances far too easy for my liking.

I think Stafford will be under pressure the most to keep his job. Line coach of a pretty dysfunctional forward line wouldn't exactly look good on his record

I think Goodwin will reflect back on this year and know deep down if he had his time again he would have done things different.

We know he's a good coach as much as he's frustrated the hell out of me. He'll learn from it.

Said during the week that regardless what happens this finals series I'm genuinely excited we can do some serious damage next year.

If I could have my pick for 1 assistant coach, it’s Don Pyke.

What he does with speed of ball movement would be sensational for us

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, AmsterdamDeesFan said:

Most of demonland would have sacked norm smith.

Rubbish, we would never have appointed him in the first place.  Didnt know the difference between brie and camembert.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Really? Please explain more ...

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Kosi is contracted and has a serious girlfriend. 
Kane Cornes talks a lot of garbage. 

Glad he has a serious gf who hopefully loves living in Melb and would never consider moving interstate.

6 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

How does too much speed of ball movement gel with the defensive back 7 though? That's the balancing act.

I think it's giving licence to a certain few (as per my recent post in the game plan thread) and allowing some flexibility with the ebb and flow the game to take the game on more with the corridor.

Edited by A F

Just now, A F said:

How does too much speed of ball movement gel with the defensive back 7 though? That's the balancing act.

Yep but as I said in other posts, the change has started but we’re not consistent with it and when we’re under pressure we go back to what we know.

The footage is there from round 15 onwards and it was evident in the first quarter last night

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Really? Please explain more ...

Have a look at Sydney he’s the architect of their ball movement, he had the Crows playing fast high tempo footy off rebound and I saw him at WAFL level do the exact same with the teams he coached 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Yep but as I said in other posts, the change has started but we’re not consistent with it and when we’re under pressure we go back to what we know.

The footage is there from round 15 onwards and it was evident in the first quarter last night

Yep, first 15 minutes was daring and had we kicked straight in that time we'd have been 6 or 7 goals up and it'd have been game over.

We reverted to safer ball movement and they got on top of us in the second half of that first quarter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, A F said:

Yep, first 15 minutes was daring and had we kicked straight in that time we'd have been 6 or 7 goals up and it'd have been game over.

We reverted to safer ball movement and they got on top of us in the second half of that first quarter.

Yep part of it it is also the players having faith in the system and it being second nature

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Kane Cornes saying Kozzie Pickett in the sights of the two Adelaide clubs. 

If this happens pack the joint up 

He's contracted, no way we let him walk. Also Adelaide and Port are allegedly going to get Rankin and Dunkley respectively which will cost first rounders minimum, so they will have bugger all trade capital to make anything appealing to us. Next year is when we worry.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

We got 1 year into JVR instead for the Dogs pick 17. no idea how Swans got it though. Great work again from JT

Has to do with the Crows getting Dees 2022 1st round and then traded to Swans for Jordan Dawson deal.  Wish we had Dawson.  Nonetheless JVR was worth the trade and hoping he’s another JT success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmsterdamDeesFan said:

Most of demonland would have sacked norm smith.

1 hour ago, Jontee said:

Rubbish, we would never have appointed him in the first place.  Didnt know the difference between brie and camembert.

Not only sacked him as coach but would have desisted him as a forward as well.

• Like 1