POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

42 minutes ago, loges said:

To totally capitulate in the last quarter of the grand final when only 4 goals down was pathetic. I just wonder what it will do to their mindset going forward.

I agree. Four goals is a fair ammount and we had all the momentum but we had the same after the first quarter and they fought back and turned the tables. Dogs just seemed to wilt in the last. It will scar them, no doubt about it and we will see how much in the first game next year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Dunstall comments at about the 10 min mark of the third.....its difficult to see the Dees getting back into this.

Was going to say well shows how much he knows about current day footy, BUT NO, he just plain out and out hates Melbourne. On his Foxtel show he often comes out with condescending comments regarding our players and the club in general. Hard to like this man in his role on TV. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

I watched The Matrix for about 10 minutes before I thought to myself WTAF ??? and turned it off, so your analogy is somewhat lost on me.

My daughter declared she wanted to watch the 1st 2 matrix movies againn before she shes the latest one.
Told me the 1st times she watched them she was just a kid and didn't understand what was going on.
I told her I've watched them both twice as an adult and I still don't understand 'em.

• Haha 4

On 12/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, binman said:

Without a doubt one of, if not the, greatest goals by a Demon.

Ever.

One thing I really loved about that goal was the set up.

Jackson, famously taking centre bounces at a critical stage in the game, follows up and has time gather and look for an option - and sees Clarry running through the corridor.

Jackson weights a perfect handball into space so Clarry doesn't have to break stride. 

Clarry never looked like missing - incredible given his struggles with accuracy all season.

Everything worked with that goal.

One of our young stars rucks and wins a follow-up possession, our clearance set up worked (inside mid, winning the contest and getting it out the front) and we get it to an A grade mid, who is running at speed in a dangerous position.

And Clarry puts the Grand Final to bed. 

Awesome team goal. 

On my umpteenth viewing last week I noticed that, after his initial involvement in the bounce, Luke isn't on the receiving end of Viney's toe poke by design; he actually stumbles out of the centre action but amazingly it's to where the toe poke goes, and in the direction of its movement. He recovers instantly, and the rest is history.

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, MT64 said:

Was going to say well shows how much he knows about current day footy, BUT NO, he just plain out and out hates Melbourne. On his Foxtel show he often comes out with condescending comments regarding our players and the club in general. Hard to like this man in his role on TV. 

Derm & Dunstall both really dislike the Demons!

But at least this year we get to say "look at the scoreboard!"

Hopefully we keep on rolling in 2022!

• Like 2

On track (Trac?) for 100 pages in 100 days (Monday)!

(p.s. Monday is NOT to be the end of the honeymoon! MFC is the polar opposite of politics!)

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 6:08 AM, loges said:

To totally capitulate in the last quarter of the grand final when only 4 goals down was pathetic. I just wonder what it will do to their mindset going forward.

I wouldn’t be too harsh on them. How does one respond when hit by a force five cyclone? Even Luke Beveridge alluded to never witnessing such a devastating  example of power running from our midfield. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, MT64 said:

Dunstall was a champion footballer - That's all.

Doesn't make him a rocket scientist of insight into the modern game. 

He may not be a fan of the Dees, but I detest his club for surviving on the backs of problem gamblers down waverely way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I reckon your right 17, he does speak sometimes as if he resents the game tactics of now sneakily passing him by.

And , by george there is only one way to handle this......blah, blah ,blah. The reign was probably thought to last forever.

35 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

I feel ashamed.

Only just now is the first time today I remembered that we won the freakin flag. I put it down to the heat. 

Forgive me. 

It’s only been 96 days since we won it, and already you get up in the morning with that not being your first thought?!?!

Shame on you, Bingers!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, willmoy said:

I reckon your right 17, he does speak sometimes as if he resents the game tactics of now sneakily passing him by.

And , by george there is only one way to handle this......blah, blah ,blah. The reign was probably thought to last forever.

The game has passed by a heap of commentators.
Daisy Pearce explaining to Brian Taylor why they didn't "Stick it out infront of Kozzie!" a prime example.
Cannnot believe Mark McLure has a job these days.
Gerard Healy ......

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Dunstall was a champion footballer - That's all.

Doesn't make him a rocket scientist of insight into the modern game. 

He may not be a fan of the Dees, but I detest his club for surviving on the backs of problem gamblers down waverely way. 

Dunstall is fine, he actually has a clue and isn't too bad about Melbourne. It's Dermie that's the moron and doesn't have a nice thing to say about us

• Like 4

FINALLY!!!

Every NYE I look at Mark Knight’s salute to the year and am envious of the Premiership winners. 

NOT THIS YEAR!!!

FA7DCB02-7FD6-4A94-9A41-AAAE770B990D.thumb.jpeg.5a436999ec2fd6af6d01d18bff9e902a.jpeg

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 9

I’ve always disliked Bradshaw the commentator. But his bang. Bang bang bang! comment I thought was a great bit of spontaneous commentary., until ...

i was watching the Melb vs Geelong replay of their final round clash. Geelong has just kicked 4 goals in a row of which Hawkins kicked the last 3. Hamish McLachlan states that Hawkins had gone “bang, bang, bang” after Hawkins third. 

I’ve gone back to seriously disliking Bradshaw the commentator all over again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In a valiant attempt to get this to 100 pages by New Year's Day, when did you know we had won the GF?

For me it was that moment in the PF, so far ahead in the 3rd quarter but Gus and Hibbo were madly diving in the Geelong goal square to deny even a point. Then I thought 'they will not let anybody beat them'.

Edited by Olgreybeard49
Spelling pedant.
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Olgreybeard49 said:

In a valiant attempt to get this to 100 pages by New Year's Day, when did you know we had won the GF?

For me it was that moment in the PF, so far ahead in the 3rd quarter but Gus and Hibbo were madly diving in the Geelong goal square to deny even a point. Then I thought 'they will not let anybody beat them'.

Wow. I wish I had even half your confidence! For me it was in the GF, when Langers goaled to put us up by 48 points. Even then I wasn’t completely letting the lid off. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

i was watching the Melb vs Geelong replay of their final round clash. Geelong has just kicked 4 goals in a row of which Hawkins kicked the last 3. Hamish McLachlan states that Hawkins had gone “bang, bang, bang” after Hawkins third.

Now all we need is an article in the newspapers from Hamish saying how peeved and upset he is that his tagline was stolen.

This actually happened in golf. Jack Nicklaus won a tournament and in the key moment -- a long putt that dropped -- the commentator of the moment said "yes, sir!" which has gone into the sports commentating hall of fame. Except the guy had "stolen" the line from another commentator who used it a few days before. Cue spats, recriminations, protestations of innocence, etc. It was big bickies for these guys, but for the rest of us, a first world storm in a teacup. And funny.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

I’ve always disliked Bradshaw the commentator. But his bang. Bang bang bang! comment I thought was a great bit of spontaneous commentary., until ...

I’ve gone back to seriously disliking Bradshaw the commentator all over again. 

Brayshaw NOT Bradshaw 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2