Adem Yze dropped!

Madness

It's time to give Miller a wake-up call now.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not happy that Yze was dropped. He should not have played in round one now that he has been dropped. One game does not make a player, whether that be a bad game or a good game. It's just a waste that he was played now.

End of an era. Start of a new one.

Should also be mentioned, (or repeated, perhaps)...

Well done Neale.

Occo... Out of interest, feeling a tinge of sadness at all? Even in light of a decision you advocate?

may still play given bartrams injury which was mentioned on 3AW 5 mins ago.

that injury to the kid (poor guy) completely throws a spanner in the works

Oh my God...

End of an era. Start of a new one.

Should also be mentioned, (or repeated, perhaps)...

Well done Neale.

Occo... Out of interest, feeling a tinge of sadness at all? Even in light of a decision you advocate?

Yep there is a side of sadness but i would prefer that we go out with 22 players who deserve a spot. Yze has been a champion at the club for so many years but i felt once he reached the forward line...he slowly began to loose the tallent he once had. To be honest i would like to see stynes hold the record. But yes in short there is some sadness

For the record I hope YZE responds & actually assists our cause in 07.

Yup

Thats that main thing

It needed to happen, but is the timing right????

Bartram will now miss, leaving our "depth" a tad shallow.

Yze really shouldnt be playing this week, this call had to be made and i just hope the dees can get over the hawks, otherwise the backlash will be ruthless.

Lopve godders and wheats, but you have to ask yourself would you rather godders or wheats in over yze?

YZe for me.

For the record I hope YZE responds & actually assists our cause in 07.

Totally agree with you Old Man.....

And I truly hope that this is the kick up the butt he needs to want to and to actually get back to his best.

Yze has been a champion at the club for so many years but i felt once he reached the forward line...he slowly began to loose the tallent he once had.

Yeah, i agree with you on this point. Got the hilights of 2002, and YZE certainly played great footy. Great that stynes will hold the record, but i do feel a little sadness that he wont be playing and hopefully he will getting back to playing his best footy

i think this is great...but not for al the lets bash Yze reasons we normally have..lol.. but or the simplicity of getting that monkey off his back...its gone...cant be got back !! Now he can concentrate on playin glike he can..which when he puts his mind to it it marvellous. Mayb ethis will instill a new lease of life , a new sense of urgency...a new found mortality.. Now Neales doe it once...who's to say he wont agin in you follow my thinking. I expect Adem to have a new sense of earnign his place in this team. glad it s over...get cracking Ooze.. we do like you ...really .. well when you play the graeat Oozey footy that is :-)) I see this a s a great positive

Can't help thinking this whole Yze thing has just been one big witch hunt!

No way known he has been our worst player over the past 6-12 whatever games.

Question is now.......who will the supporters wrath be turned to now?????

Miller??? Bruce ????? Green ???? Bell ?????

Neale said on Before The Game tonight that this record was becoming a 'sideshow' for both Yze and the club as a whole. Good on Neale for doing it. It definitely would not have been the easiest thing to do particularly as Yze is, whether we like it or not, is a very well respected club veteran.

Whether Neale did it acting in the best interests of the team or whether he did because he felt pressured by the angry posters on Demonland ( ;) ), he did it and I commend him.

The ideal scenario is that Ooze will now completely focus on playing good footy as we all know he is capable of and star in our huge win over Geelong in Round 3. But the pessimist in me argues that he might be a bit discouraged by this whole 'ordeal'.

We will soon find out.

Can't help thinking this whole Yze thing has just been one big witch hunt!

No way known he has been our worst player over the past 6-12 whatever games.

Question is now.......who will the supporters wrath be turned to now?????

Miller??? Bruce ????? Green ???? Bell ?????

And some of those have copped a hell of a lot more than their (and others, for that matter) fair share of vitriol and abuse from us in recent times :angry: ......

As for Yze I just hope that he can again show us what has made him the respected Demon veteran that he is (or should be, or could be...... and whatever our personal opinions of him are at the minute, it probably should be remembered that he has done some amazing things for us, over a hell of a long time).

Maybe, and hopefully, this will all be for the best, as it sets aside the "monkey" as belzebub said earlier, and he can put it out of his head, and go back to playing with the skill (which I don't believe he has lost, just misplaced and form can be very fickle) as well as the heart and effort (which has been the biggest issue for mine) that put him where he is in the first place.

Although I do honestly hope that this wasn't a reaction to current fan bitching.

We can be frustrated and annoyed and regularly bloody awful about our (yes, our) players but at the end of the day this is and always should be Neal's decision, it is his head on the block, and I hope he made it for the good of the team, the club and the player, rather than us.

Just my opinion :D !!!

It should be mentioned that according to at least one report I'd seen, Yze approached the coaching department to say that if they wanted to play him at Sandy to find some form he'd be ok with that.

If true, that changes things for me.

It should be mentioned that according to at least one report I'd seen, Yze approached the coaching department to say that if they wanted to play him at Sandy to find some form he'd be ok with that.

If true, that changes things for me.

Geez, If that's true then I am very worried about where this season is heading (but unfortunately also supports what I've suspected).