POSTGAME: Rd 04 vs Geelong

Demonland

Happy it is 4 - 0 lets make it 5 - 0 next week.Langdon and Lever are 2 of the best pick ups we have made in a while. May as well. Shame he is injured. I absolutely hate girlong so my beer is tasting all that much better this evening.

• Like 2

Fantastic TEAM effort ALL day, we have a hunting pack of demons that work hard and share it together. Skills definitely improving and kicking for goal improved substantially as the game progressed. All the praise has been said in all posts, fantastic Dlanders.

• Like 3

First off: **** YEAH!!!!

Secondly what's interesting is I think we still have more gears to go to. Our pressure around the ball is very good and you can see how linked our game is to that pressure. The moment it drops is the moment teams are let back into the game.

What I loved:
Petracca being the dominant beast he is. BOG today for me.

Lever stepping up in more ways than one. When that cheating ump gave the tackle free kick against Jetta and then Brayshaw got done for his late bump tempers were flaring, Lever brought everyone into line and got us to reset. Big tick in a leadership capacity after May got subbed out.

Fritta being accurate, 4.1 in a tough day for kicking was huge for us. Particularly the fourth one he nailed.

Finishing the game knowing we're 4-0!!!!

What I liked:
I thought Brayshaw had a good game today, he seemed to be floating in different areas and provided a cool head at times.

Salem continuing his outstanding year. Was he beaten once today?

Langdon continuing his outstanding year.

Gawn's goal. Absolutely ridiculous but the way the boys got around him, love it!

What I didn't like:
4 weeks of being clearly the better team up to 3 quarter time but not putting them away. It's going to bite us in the bum if we're in that position against WB, Tigers, WC, and Port.

We kicked well mostly last week but back to the bad this week. I accept that conditions weren't easy but there were shots that should've gone in regardless, strangely Spargypants was probably the worst offender. We kicked them when they mattered though.

May out for how long? Fingers crossed there's not a fracture but I worry we won't be that lucky.

After Tom's good start to the year he's gone back to being mostly ineffective. I think he's still staying involved in bringing the ball to ground but he dropped marks he should be taking today. I think he gets one more week if BBB is having another Casey run, if not Tom could be going back to the seconds.

EDIT: I missed Tommy's marks, and contribution. Hand up, my mistake!

Oh and one more thing: the umps. Bloody frustrating and seemed to keep the cats in the game, some downright bizarre calls (we got a couple as well). 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Return to Glory said:

Incredibly satisfying .

Am I alone in thinking Hawkin's elbow wasn't accidental?

Tough call.

But like toby g and his errant kicking  ( hitting faces) if you inadvertantly ( benefit of doubt) throw them around, sooner or later you elbow someone in the eye.

Should be some sort of demerit system.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pates said:

Secondly what's interesting is I think we still have more gears to go to. Our pressure around the ball is very good and you can see how linked our game is to that pressure. The moment it drops is the moment teams are let back into the game.

What I loved:

Lever stepping up in more ways than one. When that cheating ump gave the tackle free kick against Jetta and then Brayshaw got done for his late bump tempers were flaring, Lever brought everyone into line and got us to reset. Big tick in a leadership capacity after May got subbed out.

Fritta being accurate, 4.1 in a tough day for kicking was huge for us. Particularly the fourth one he nailed.

What I liked:
I thought Brayshaw had a good game today, he seemed to be floating in different areas and provided a cool head at times.

Gawn's goal. Absolutely ridiculous but the way the boys got around him, love it!

What I didn't like:
4 weeks of being clearly the better team up to 3 quarter time but not putting them away. It's going to bite us in the bum if we're in that position against WB, Tigers, WC, and Port.

We kicked well mostly last week but back to the bad this week. I accept that conditions weren't easy but there were shots that should've gone in regardless, strangely Spargypants was probably the worst offender. We kicked them when they mattered though.

May out for how long? Fingers crossed there's not a fracture but I worry we won't be that lucky.

After Tom's good start to the year he's gone back to being mostly ineffective. I think he's still staying involved in bringing the ball to ground but he dropped marks he should be taking today. I think he gets one more week if BBB is having another Casey run, if not Tom could be going back to the seconds.

Oh and one more thing: the umps. Bloody frustrating and seemed to keep the cats in the game, some downright bizarre calls (we got a couple as well). 

This is a top post except for Tmac comments.

9 marks on an atrocious day was suberb.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Pates said:

What I loved:

What I liked:

What I didn't like:

Brayshaw was a monster today, along with Lever, Trac, Fritta, Gawn, Hunty, Langers, Sales.

We have energy and other levels to go to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A F said:

The way we are setting up defensively is outstanding. We are strangling teams and they have no answer. We need to start kicking straight because it will cost us eventually, but being 4-0 is brilliant!

Terrific team performance. Viney, Oliver and Petracca in the midfield were tremendous. Lever and Tomlinson were great behind the ball.

I felt our forward pressure was much more like it in the second half. We really lifted the intensity with Spargo, ANB and Kozi really ramped up the frontal pressure and it is vital to how we're strangling teams.

Thought Tom McDonald provided a solid target up forward and up the ground. Really important game from him and could give our team another dimension when Brown and potentially Weideman put their hands up.

Petracca needs to do less of the Hollywood knocks and taps when he could instead take a clean possession and impact the contest. As I said, he played a great game, but cost us a goal on transition when he tried a fancy little knock on. Did a couple dinky little taps like that as well. He's close to fulfilling that potential many saw in him.

Looking forward to watching the replay, because my read on Oliver's game is that we started Oliver mostly forward to throw the tag and he got away from it, so they dropped the tag in the second half and Clarry was influential around stoppages as the game wore on. He and Selwood went head to head in the last and Oliver I thought beat him comfortably.

The worst part of the day was the crowd again. 33,000 is pathetic. I know there were mostly Melbourne supporters there, but bloody hell. 40k should be the floor expectation for a game between two Victorian teams at the MCG. I know it was raining and cold, but that's a weak excuse. Lift, MFC supporters, we're 4 zip now, get behind us.

It’s a terrible time slot let alone for a feral of Cats fans to get up the highway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dieter said:

The 'Sack Goodwin' contingent has lost its voice. Thank de Lord!

No it hasn't. 

Sack Goodwin ........ now !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Can someone go and collect what the Cats fans are saying? 

Live for those threads after a win.

Call it K-rock of [censored] or something like that...

Probably whinging about the umps.?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

This is a top post except for Tmac comments.

9 marks on an atrocious day was suberb.

Haha I missed most of the first quarter, might've been around then he dominated! But I'll gladly bow and say I missed his contribution, 9 marks as a CHF sort of position is solid day at the office in awful conditions.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pates said:

What I loved:

What I liked:

What I didn't like:

Excellent summary but TMac took nine marks today and is averaging seven a game. Hard to drop on that form.

• Like 4

I was interested in Messr's Pickett rebuke to Selwood in the fourth.

Anyways, as Petracca kicked a goal at half time - here was Joel, loading up to give him a gobful unrequested.

Kysaiah doesn't look to be the mouthy type

Oliver however...?

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 8.17.57 pm.png

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Max Gawn - 41 Hitouts, 23 Disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal

Both opposition rucks - 24 Hitouts, 19 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal. 

Another Max winning performance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Langdon is a genuine star of our team. What he brought to our side is invaluable. Probably our most important recruit this decade. 
Also thought Gus did exceptionally well when thrown down back when May went down. 
We showed really maturity to turn the momentum in the last quarter and not let the horrid umpiring get to us. 
Some of the decisions today were baffling. 

My only let down today was Melksham. He did nothing offensively and defensively he is trash. 

Got to agree.

He has really put the polish on this team with his run and clean ball use.Good mark too.

The difference  seems to be him.Clearly.

Best winger since Stretch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

I was interested in Messr's Pickett rebuke to Selwood in the fourth.

Anyways, as Petracca kicked a goal at half time - here was Joel, loading up to give him a gobful unrequested.

Kysaiah doesn't look to be the mouthy type

Oliver however...?

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 8.17.57 pm.png

Geelong players are poor sports.

• Like 2