Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

8 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

? but it’s people like this bloke @dazzledavey36that stops people posting. 

Haha i asked a genuine question and you throw the toys out of the cot like bloody [censored]. Talk a about a genuine melt.

I actually loved the rumour and have always been in the bring back Hogan camp.

But its also a legit question to ask you because I remember clearly at the time you said Hannerbery to the Dees was a done deal at the time. Hard to take people on value and when they've proven to be wrong.

The rumour actually excites me. Personally hope Hogan returns.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Haha i asked a genuine question and you throw the toys out of the cot like bloody [censored]. Talk a about a genuine melt.

I actually loved the rumour and have always been in the bring back Hogan camp.

But its also a legit question to ask you because I remember clearly at the time you said Hannerbery to the Dees was a done deal at the time. Hard to take people on value and when they've proven to be wrong.

The rumour actually excites me. Personally hope Hogan returns.

No toys were thrown out just making a point about individuals like yourself who try and discredit a person every time they post something. 
Hannebery left Sydney and we were in the frame but missed out, luckily I might add. 
It’s never a done deal until it’s signed as players change their minds, other clubs get involved or the club involved pulls out. 
I get told things that I’m happy to share as I enjoy the discussion and I know others do also. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

No toys were thrown out just making a point about individuals like yourself who try and discredit a person every time they post something. 
Hannebery left Sydney and we were in the frame but missed out, luckily I might add. 
It’s never a done deal until it’s signed as players change their minds, other clubs get involved or the club involved pulls out. 
I get told things that I’m happy to share as I enjoy the discussion and I know others do also. 

Keep sharing.

Let's leave it at that.

Ps. Hope Hogan comes back to where he belongs.

• Like 3

I think we have 3 big weaknesses:
Wing, half forward flank class and backline depth.

It's nearly impossible to find the quality half forward pieces, head to the draft for that, but the best wing option IMO is Daicos. There's plenty of backline depth out there so that should be an easy one to find and fill cheaply.

1. Josh Daicos. Pies have to find room for De Goey, Mihocek and Moore. Make Josh Daicos a big money offer and get a skilled wingman to complement Langdon. Yeah he's Collingwood royalty but money talks.

2. Saad. If the price is right, pull the trigger.

3. Jarrod Lienert - solid 3rd tall kicking defender type. Gives us some badly needed defensive depth

4. Oleg Markov - quick mid sized defender, if the price isn't right on Saad he's a nice option

5. Jimmy Webster - should be free to a good home and can play

13 minutes ago, adonski said:

Hope we trade Pruess and Sparrow for 2nd rounders to actually have some currency 

We aren't getting that for Pruess and if we think Sparrow is a player we're better off keeping him and moving out guys ahead of him. If a team - mainly Adelaide - come for Sparrow with a 2nd round pick that would mean they think he's a player.

Zero interest in Hogan. All he does is lead up to the wings and slow ball movement. Keep Mitch Brown if that's what we want.

Happy to go for the Jackson and Weid combo with Petty as back up.

The only big ticket items we should be chasing are guys who can run and kick. Genuine solutions to those issues - ie. Saad or Daicos.

Otherwise we should bring in a number of lesser valued players and replace our depth types who clearly aren't up to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

It's nearly impossible to find the quality half forward pieces, head to the draft for that, but the best wing option IMO is Daicos. There's plenty of backline depth out there so that should be an easy one to find and fill cheaply.

1. Josh Daicos. Pies have to find room for De Goey, Mihocek and Moore. Make Josh Daicos a big money offer and get a skilled wingman to complement Langdon. Yeah he's Collingwood royalty but money talks.

3. Jarrod Lienert - solid 3rd tall kicking defender type. Gives us some badly needed defensive depth

4. Oleg Markov - quick mid sized defender, if the price isn't right on Saad he's a nice option

Narkle at HF?

daicos wont leave collingwood especially coz his little bro is joining him in a years time

hurley? do we ask the question in case petty doesnt come on -1yr deal

polec?

wouldnt touch markov or webster

9 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

We aren't getting that for Pruess and if we think Sparrow is a player we're better off keeping him and moving out guys ahead of him. If a team - mainly Adelaide - come for Sparrow with a 2nd round pick that would mean they think he's a player.

In this years draft, where picks are getting pushed back quite significantly, GWS or Geelong would offer a 2nd for Pruess I reckon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turner said:

Narkle at HF?

daicos wont leave collingwood especially coz his little bro is joining him in a years time

hurley? do we ask the question in case petty doesnt come on -1yr deal

polec?

wouldnt touch markov or webster

Not sure Narkle has the tank, forward craft or skills to be an improvement at half forward.

Even for 700k when the Pies can only offer 450k would Daicos not leave? I'm saying go hard and see what happens.

I'd rather Hooker than Hurley. Can play both ends and is more reliable defensively. Would make us play 3 big talls but he's smart enough to make it work.

Not convinced by Polec. Something is wrong if North are so keen to push him out.

5 minutes ago, adonski said:

In this years draft, where picks are getting pushed back quite significantly, GWS or Geelong would offer a 2nd for Pruess I reckon. 

I don't Geelong would. Stanley and Esava are no worse than Preuss. GWS maybe, but if I was them I'd be looking for a long term starter who might have less exposed form than Preuss but has more upside.

I think Preuss is at best a 3rd round pick and we still need him.

7 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Gee this year we've got a lot of posters claiming insider predictions. Lockdown's bringing out the gamblers!

We should start a list with credits!

Get a 'insider knowledge' predictions thread going, would be wild 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Actually thought Jesse showed some really good signs tonight, was moving well, getting to good spots and really jumping at the ball 

I would 100% welcome him back tot he club, particularly if the Dockers aren't asking for a lot trade wise. 

if we could add Saad, Hogan and potentially another winger to this side. and ideally [censored] Goodwin off and get someone who can coach, we'll be on for 2021 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

There’s no way Daicos is going when his brother is going there next year.

• Like 2