Adem Yze

Earl Hood

I worked back through the threads looking for an Yze thread but couldn’t find one to reopen, sorry.

I happened to be chatting with Barry Rowlings ( 3 time premiership player for Hawks and Tigers if you don’t know and currently director of footy for Caulfield Grammer) today about all things footy. He proposed that Yze might be our next coach but that is just his opinion but what was of interest is that he was a big wrap for Yze’s son, playing under 14’s somewhere out there with Balwyn. Just said this kid can play! 

Wondering does anyone at Demonland have any intelligence on Yze jnr? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are more than due to get success from the father\son rule with Viney being our only success. Hopefully Yze's, White's, Schwarz's and Stynes sons can make us proud.

• Like 3

An old article about upcoming father son prospects. Noah Yze is mentioned amongst others:

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-05-09/melbournes-future-fatherson-prospects

And, more recently, father son/daughter prospects:

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-04-17/melbourne-hosts-father-son-and-daughter-day

Edited by Roger Mellie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Ooooooze to farmer goal.

i like it.

The memories ... the execution...the Mighty Demons!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

The memories ... the execution...the Mighty Demons!

Now there are two word that we have not been able to say very often in the last fifth five years.

"Mighty Demons" hmm!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

The kid is a massive hawks fan. Doubt his heart would be in it at the Dees 

Think we will need to talk to Dad about this issue! The child will need to be disciplined! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Think we will need to talk to Dad about this issue! The child will need to be disciplined! 

Pretty sure his father encourages it. Looking at Oozes Instagram you’d barely know he played for the Demons. Whatever happened at the end of his career must have really pizzed him off.

Pretty sure his father encourages it. Looking at Oozes Instagram you’d barely know he played for the Demons. Whatever happened at the end of his career must have really pizzed him off.

Strewth as I remember it we kept selecting him in spite of his form issues as he was chasing Jimmie’s consecutive games tally? He finally dropped himself if I remember correctly to break the record run. A great talent and player who played a year too long, not sure where MFC did him an injustice? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Not unusual for a kid to support another team when drafted. Among others, Max was a Tiger supporter (and apparently celebrated their grand final win) and Nate Jones followed the saints. I think if young Yze did come to the Dees he’d realise how special his dad was and feel proud to continue the line.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Or his allegiance lies with the club he works for, you know, like a true professional.

Bit like how Lewis' kids apparently follow the Dees.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Oh gee, must mean Chaplin is "pizzed off" with the Dees!

Nah, just that our former players from that era seem to have little connection to the club. That is my point, and yet scrubbers like Chaplin remain aligned to their former clubs, despite being mediocre players. It's just an observation. I understand why Adem's kids support the Hawks, but I reckon the lack of former players involved at our club is a product of a mishandling of player exits. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

We can't let Adem's failings as a parent cloud our judgement of him as a coach. Anyway, it's nothing a quick ride in a Jag to the Demon shop won't fix. Give him a jumper and throw in a Demons water bottle and some fridge magnets and he's ours.

Nah, just that our former players from that era seem to have little connection to the club. That is my point, and yet scrubbers like Chaplin remain aligned to their former clubs, despite being mediocre players. It's just an observation. I understand why Adem's kids support the Hawks, but I reckon the lack of former players involved at our club is a product of a mishandling of player exits. 

Fair enough mate, apologies for being a bit facetious, only had the 1 coffee so far.

From things I've heard there has been a bit of a disconnect with some players from that era, but nothing really bad as such. Impression I got was a few of them would like to do more for/with the club if they can, but at the same time, the players themselves have a really good connection between themselves. A lot of the blokes network together and/or do business together. The ones I hear about ocassionally absolutely still love the Dees though, Yze very nearly joined us in the offseason so there can't be too many bad feelings.

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Fair enough mate, apologies for being a bit facetious, only had the 1 coffee so far.

From things I've heard there has been a bit of a disconnect with some players from that era, but nothing really bad as such. Impression I got was a few of them would like to do more for/with the club if they can, but at the same time, the players themselves have a really good connection between themselves. A lot of the blokes network together and/or do business together. The ones I hear about ocassionally absolutely still love the Dees though, Yze very nearly joined us in the offseason so there can't be too many bad feelings.

The actual players are well-connected. It's just a matter of being distant from the club itself. You are quite right. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, old dee said:

Now there are two word that we have not been able to say very often in the last fifth five years.

"Mighty Demons" hmm!

You are quite correct, old dee, but we can still remember and it is a privilege to so do. They were magnificent at times, the MIghty Demons, poorly treated by umpires, media and the predominant clubs like Essendrug, The Filth, Carlscum and a few others, depending on their publicity alone.  We might turn the corner soon,  so let's hang onto our hats in this re-development stage. Wouldn't it be wonderful?

1 hour ago, Dee Dee said:

Not unusual for a kid to support another team when drafted. Among others, Max was a Tiger supporter (and apparently celebrated their grand final win) and Nate Jones followed the saints. I think if young Yze did come to the Dees he’d realise how special his dad was and feel proud to continue the line.

Yze Snr onboard, back into the fray as a Demon, the son will adapt ... particularly as Adem was a genuine star for the Dees, a massive identity at the Club, as well. 

Can't be that [censored] at the Dees.  I heard straight from David Neitz about 3-4 weeks ago that it was an absolute done deal that Yze was returning this to Dees to be an assistant.   Then Clarko got wind of it -  got personally involved and threw 3 or 4 year deal with heaps of additions $ -  and promises of personal development -    Neitz indicated Clarko impossible to resist.....