2020 AFL Fixture

Demonland

27 minutes ago, markc said:

CHAMPION DATA’S RANKING OF THE 2020 DRAW (HARDEST TO EASIEST)
1. West Coast Eagles
2. Hawthorn

3. Gold Coast Suns
4. Essendon
5. GWS Giants
6. Carlton
7. Richmond
8. North Melbourne
9. Geelong Cats
10. St Kilda
11. Collingwood
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Brisbane Lions
14. Port Adelaide
15. Adelaide Crows
16. Melbourne
17. Sydney Swans
18. Fremantle

That is tough on the Gold Coast to have the 3rd hardest.  And Richmond get off fairly lightly again as they did in 2019.  Even easier than Carlton.

25 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That is tough on the Gold Coast to have the 3rd hardest.  And Richmond get off fairly lightly again as they did in 2019.  Even easier than Carlton.

I'm very happy with this draw in regards to opponents.

Only play 1 top 8 team twice. The pies

Play 3 bottom teams twice . Suns saints dockers.

The champion data view of 3rd easiest draw is a reasonable call.

Basic view i know and many unknowns but face value could be good of team performs that is.

1 minute ago, Gunna’s said:

We can just complain to ombudsman that it’s not safe to play with the building cladding they have!!!

Its absurd how much charity they get.  They are the only Victorian team with a home ground advantage and who get to train on their home ground.  

They got Dangerfield or virtually nothing too.

Makes me sick.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

Its absurd how much charity they get.  They are the only Victorian team with a home ground advantage and who get to train on their home ground.  

They got Dangerfield or virtually nothing too.

Makes me sick.

Try living in the town.......

I hate that they make finals due to a soft fixture then flunk it in September most years. 

I know asking for equality is just too much to ask for 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

The analysts can always rank hardest to easiest based on what they know from the season just gone but ultimately there are variables they can't account for. A team at the end of 2018 that had us twice would've been considered unlucky, midway through 2019 they probably were licking their lips.

Likewise there could be a dip for the Lions much like us from last year, they got a massively blessed run of injuries so what will happen if they suddenly cop it much like we did in 2019?

I think we've been given every chance to return to the finals, the players that had dips/injuries in 2019 need to prove that 2018 wasn't a fluke. I'm looking at TMac and Weids in particular as players that have to prove what they showed at the pointy end of 2018 wasn't an abberation. I think internally the club has backed themselves in to return to that form.

Commercially (and for expats living in the UK like myself) it absolutely sucks, only three night games means that watching games will be very difficult, while we won't get nearly as much exposure to get the big $$$ sponsors.

Oh and a special mention to the fact we get shafted again with Essendon playing a home game against us at our home ground, as well as our anual trip down to the cattery.

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afl comp fixture is a joke! All based around tv ratings & fancy stating that the draw is around the teams who play exciting footy! It’s a competition based on 18 clubs & some will finish bottom 8 & others top 8! Punishing teams for finishing @ the bottom is not the way to help them or their bottom line! Saint first 8 games in Vic & dogs 7! Yep that’s a fair comp! Tigers most Friday nite games! 

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few less Sundays aside I don't see too much to complain about here. We're a mid size boutique club in a finite market. The Partick Thistle of AFL football if you like and we've been handed a draw that befits our current standing on the footballing landscape. Let's just try and be the best we can be with the resources we have available to us. If we can punch a little above our weight , surprise a few doubters, bloody a few noses and carry a little luck then then we'll find ourselves rubbing shoulders with the big boys come spring time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Yeah, I'm not impressed with that either.

4 games down there in 5 years isn't on. And without fail they all end in heartbreak.

Time for some other VIC clubs to play in Hobart.

Yes Collingwood and Essendon, it's possible you can play in these fixtures too. I believe Hobart has a set of goal posts and a couple of changing rooms as well.

North don't want to play Collingwood and Essendon down there because they make money off those games in Melbourne. Our supporters don't go to docklands so when we play north they lose money (or font make much). That's why we play down in Tassie.

You want games in Vic you have to turn up

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pates said:

The analysts can always rank hardest to easiest based on what they know from the season just gone but ultimately there are variables they can't account for. A team at the end of 2018 that had us twice would've been considered unlucky, midway through 2019 they probably were licking their lips.

Likewise there could be a dip for the Lions much like us from last year, they got a massively blessed run of injuries so what will happen if they suddenly cop it much like we did in 2019?

I think we've been given every chance to return to the finals, the players that had dips/injuries in 2019 need to prove that 2018 wasn't a fluke. I'm looking at TMac and Weids in particular as players that have to prove what they showed at the pointy end of 2018 wasn't an abberation. I think internally the club has backed themselves in to return to that form.

Commercially (and for expats living in the UK like myself) it absolutely sucks, only three night games means that watching games will be very difficult, while we won't get nearly as much exposure to get the big $$$ sponsors.

Oh and a special mention to the fact we get shafted again with Essendon playing a home game against us at our home ground, as well as our anual trip down to the cattery.

Would you rather play Essendon at docklands? It gives us an extra game at the G and we have games vs Richmond Collingwood and Carlton

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would you rather play Essendon at docklands? It gives us an extra game at the G and we have games vs Richmond Collingwood and Carlton

True, mind you our record at docklands isn't half bad now! But yeah I get your point, gives us a bonus game at our home. I think it's just a frustrating thing that we never seem to get a home game against them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

And we also came within a whisker of winning down there a few years back when there was a massive gale blowing to one end.

We play that ground quite well.

Was that the game where Jessie broke his collarbone?

By in large i agree with this analysis:

MELBOURNE

First six weeks

It’s hard to look past those first two games: West Coast in Perth and the Giants at the MCG. It opens up a little after that, with games against Fremantle (MCG), St Kilda (Marvel Stadium) and Gold Coast (Metricon Stadium) over the following three weeks.

Road to September

If the Dees are pushing for finals again, they’ve got a good draw to help them late in the season. In the final month, they’ve got three straight games at the MCG against Sydney, Collingwood and Carlton before finishing their home and away campaign against North Melbourne in Hobart.

Double-ups

Big tick here. The Demons play just one top-six team from this year twice — Collingwood. They also have two games against struggling Gold Coast, while they also face bottom-10 teams Fremantle, Adelaide and St Kilda twice.

Prime time rating

Despite their disastrous 2019 campaign, the Demons have managed to hold on to three Friday night games, albeit one of them is the traditional Anzac Eve game and the other is at the Gabba. The Dees had five prime time games last year.

Grade

A – The Demons have the third-easiest draw, according to Champion Data, primarily due to their favourable double-up tally. Add in a good run home and a generous prime time allocation – considering their 2019 campaign – and it’s a win for the Dees.

Edited by binman
  • Like 5