Rawlings Leaves

Demon3

1 hour ago, joeboy said:

I met him in a cafe yesterday and asked him about his and the club’s future.

He distinctly said he had another year of contract ahead??‍♂️

I asked him if he had any explanation for our abysmal year and he put it down to the horrendous preseason .

He said he’d heard nothing about any player unrest, though obviously he wouldn’t have admitted anything to me

3 word analysis: lied to face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Roos was certainly a fan of Rawlings.

I think this is a loss, however perhaps none of us actually know who of the assistant coaches is actually any good or not.

If Goodwin refuses to listen to anyone, maybe Plapp, Chaplin, etc. are all amazing, they just haven't been heard.

McCartney, Jennings, and Rawlings are those with experience and credibility, so it makes sense that they're the first to depart, whether pushed or not, as future job prospects are brighter than those of the others.

More changes sounds ominous, but from what I've been told not unexpected either. Pert seems to have the big broom out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Melbourne FC are screwed. Alan Richardson, Ed Langdon and whoever else will not right this ship. Guarantee that we won’t make a Grand Final until we have a Senior Coach like Alastair Clarkson.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Is there any coaching position that is untouched other than Goodwin? Every position has been changed or personnel  moved on.

Yet according to some here our performance in 2019 is nothing to do with coaching - its all our injuries and surgeries. Those people look pretty stupid now.  This is the biggest  1 year cleanout of coaching staff in the AFL for probably a decade

Sadly we are stuck with Goodwin. The cause of it all. 

Try two years, since the Tigers. You like hyperbole, don't you mate?

• Like 2

Really appreciated Jades involvement at MFC, 8 years is a long time for an assistant coach and he has helped the club out in a number of roles. Good luck in the future Jade we may get to see you as a senior coach in your own right one day. All the best and thank you for your resilience, I have never heard you being bagged on DLand and that say's a lot about your performance in your various roles.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I would've thought getting credit for a forward line turnaround would've been good on the CV and if we really wanted him we could've extended his contract and given him a choice of roles to further his career.

Agree with a lot of what you said mate, it's hard for us to know from the outside though.

Can't agree with the above though. He made it known he wanted to coach his own side for his own coaching development, but we dragged him back into the fold and his team ended up missing finals. None of that would have been what he had wanted for his career progression. He's now left so that seems clear.

He was already contracted. So why would we be extending him more than a year out? And he already had a choice of roles, that's why he took over at Casey.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

And I think that's hyperbole, as is SWYLs post below yours.

Understand the frustration of a year well below expectation, but lets not make [censored] up

I am not interested in hyperbole. I asked my source some direct questions

”What is the relationship between Richo and Goodwin like?

the Answer i got

”Goodwin has been told he is on borrowed time unless things change...”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

the Answer i got

Lol, yeah, and I'm Simon Goodwin 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

the Answer i got

Ugly situation and not a healthy one.

2 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Lol, yeah, and I'm Simon Goodwin 

You are a bitter little man aren’t you

i leave info i hear, for all to read. My Source has been pretty solid over 5-6 years. 

I spoke about other things today, but i will wait and see what happens before i say anything. 

If you don’t like it, you can ignore 

i really don’t care. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Ugly situation and not a healthy one.

Possibly. It won’t fester for long

The feeling i did get is that The Board are not impressed and they are behind a lot of changes, which i was glad to hear...

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Is there any coaching position that is untouched other than Goodwin? Every position has been changed or personnel  moved on.

Yet according to some here our performance in 2019 is nothing to do with coaching - its all our injuries and surgeries. Those people look pretty stupid now.  This is the biggest  1 year cleanout of coaching staff in the AFL for probably a decade

Sadly we are stuck with Goodwin. The cause of it all. 

Not in a decade, the year before tiger premiership when they got rid of every assistant and started again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You are a bitter little man aren’t you

i leave info i hear, for all to read. My Source has been pretty solid over 5-6 years. 

I spoke about other things today, but i will wait and see what happens before i say anything. 

If you don’t like it, you can ignore 

i really don’t care. 

Is that the same source who told you Adam Simpson gave 4 coaches votes to Gaff  in the game where he broke Brayshaw's jaw? Only for Ross Lyon to confirm he gave them? Lol

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2