Demon3

Rawlings Leaves

33 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am not interested in hyperbole. I asked my source some direct questions

”What is the relationship between Richo and Goodwin like?

the Answer i got

”Goodwin has been told he is on borrowed time unless things change...”

So what is the relationship between Richo and Goodwin like

Confucius say 'answer question not asked'

If the Club has another year like this year of course Goodwin would be in trouble, who is your source 'Captain Obvious'?

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Haha 2

Thanks for you service Jade your efforts are appreciated. He got a good offer to join his younger brother at the Kangas so good luck to hime. It doesn't appear he was pushed but decided to move on. In terms of coaching intellect he is a big loss and one of the few coaches who has achieved his level 4 coaching training. Good luck Jade

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Agree with a lot of what you said mate, it's hard for us to know from the outside though.

Can't agree with the above though. He made it known he wanted to coach his own side for his own coaching development, but we dragged him back into the fold and his team ended up missing finals. None of that would have been what he had wanted for his career progression. He's now left so that seems clear.

He was already contracted. So why would we be extending him more than a year out? And he already had a choice of roles, that's why he took over at Casey.

The Casey move was the right move for him at the time but he made a Grand Final and still only got token interest in a job as far as reports go. Coaching a Casey team that was always likely to miss finals and short on AFL listed talent wasn't going to get him a senior job this year. Their season was down the drain before he was reassigned.

He's now gone to be the senior assistant at North, which is probably the best position to get a head coaching job from. If things were going well at Melbourne and he was well rated he would've got an extension a year out, happy and well regarded people don't get stranded with 1 year left on contracts and he could've been given his pick of jobs. 

He's found a great opportunity and we haven't stood on his way, I just think if we were desperate to keep him we'd have found a good opportunity within the club. Same thing goes for Craig Jennings leaving to hopefully coach a VFL team when there's a perfect job opening at Casey he could've taken!

• Like 1

After the year we had, change is a good thing.

Rawlings has been at the club eight years.  I think it was time for him to move on.  He's done a variety of roles at the club during that time, but this gives us the opportunity to add a few fresh faces to go along with the addition of Richardson.  I think it's a good move for all involved.

How soon do we have the 'Welcome to Melbourne - Adem Yze' thread up and running?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Is that the same source who said Adam Simpson gave 4 coaches votes to Gaff  in the game where he broke Brayshaw's jaw? Only for Ross Lyon to confirm he gave them? Lol

No. Strange way to get a laugh

do you often laugh at your own attempted humour?

14 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

So what is the relationship between Richo and Goodwin like

Confucius say 'answer question not asked'

If the Club has another year like this year of course Goodwin would be in trouble, who is your source 'Captain Obvious'?

That question is yet to be answered, but when all your staff in the box walk, some of it is answered. Goodwin needs to change his ways, otherwise his Coaching Career is over.

That is obvious

I am not giving names of my Source

That is not done...

Edited by Sir Why You Little

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No. Strange way to get a laugh

do you often laugh at your own attempted humour?

A joke you fabricated at the time. It was very funny. You should revisit it. Some of your best work

C ya

2 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

A joke you fabricated at the time. It was very funny. You should revisit it. Some of your best work

C ya

Bye 👋 

Give my regards to the Earth’s Core...

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Bye 👋 

Give my regards to the Earth’s Core...

Hey WYL, serious question this time:

With Rawlings and Jennings gone, should Goody pop the ghost of Norm Smith in the box with him?  He might do wonders for our forward line.

Hopefully Richo and Goody are up tonight watching the finals.

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Hey WYL, serious question this time:

With Rawlings and Jennings gone, should Goody pop the ghost of Norm Smith in the box with him?  He might do wonders for our forward line.

Hopefully Richo and Goody are up tonight watching the finals.

Another Member of Clown 🤡 School

Is it a full moon 🌕 tonight?

Norm would rip Goodwin to pieces btw

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Another Member of Clown 🤡 School

Is it a full moon 🌕 tonight?

Norm would rip Goodwin to pieces btw

Are you Lenny Mclean come back from the dead?

'Hardest' bloke on this forum by far @Sir Why You Little

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Always amazes me that when information is given out in good faith, people on here get hammered. 

It’s fine. I have known my source for many years. Some of his info has been first hand 100% whilst at other times he is hearing down the line. 

Football Clubs do lie...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Lenny Mclean was a low life bully thug. 

7 minutes ago, Sorry kids said:

Lenny Mclean was a low life bully thug. 

correct weight sir :)

1 minute ago, Engorged Onion said:

So why reference him here?

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Always amazes me that when information is given out in good faith, people on here get hammered. 

It’s fine. I have known my source for many years. Some of his info has been first hand 100% whilst at other times he is hearing down the line. 

Football Clubs do lie...

I am not disputing the veracity of the information... we are all on here because we are whiling away the hours waiting for something interesting to occur to a club that we care about.

1 minute ago, Engorged Onion said:

I just looked him up. 

Lovely Bloke indeed.

Just now, Sorry kids said:

So why reference him here?

Well, he was once known as the hardest man in the UK. SWYL writing style reminds me of a bloke who is hard as nails and never gives an inch...very, very little empathy.

Just now, Engorged Onion said:

I am not disputing the veracity of the information... we are all on here because we are whiling away the hours waiting for something interesting to occur to a club that we care about.

Big Changes were always going to happen after such puke was dished up this year

3 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Well, he was once known as the hardest man in the UK. SWYL writing style reminds me of a bloke who is hard as nails and never gives an inch...very, very little empathy.

Hard as what? From behind a nickname and keyboard, please, just doesn't like being questioned or made fun of   tough guy indeed

Edited by Satyriconhome

6 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

You're in trouble now, EO.  You've got both Saty AND WYL on your case. 

image.jpeg.00b788d32adae4642e2f061656022167.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Big Changes were always going to happen after such puke was dished up this year

Indeed they were Lenny, indeed they were 🤙

Strange forum indeed. Someone passes on a comment relating to the Club and people jump all over them for sharing it.  Some carry on as if your giving information to the ATO and you need receipts for every entry. Heaven knows how some would have got on in public bars where footy stories and gossip was the winter currency for drinkers and the supporter lifeblood of the game.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Hard as what? From behind a nickname and keyboard, please, just doesn't like being questioned or made fun of   tough guy indeed

you missed my "hard" quotation marks... anywhoo, apologies for derailing the thread.

Edited by Engorged Onion

21 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Football Clubs do lie...

I would be amazed that someone inside the inner circle at the club would provide that info to another person to allow them to blab it out over the internet.I say inner circle because they would be the only ones that would if this was the case.

• Like 1