Jordan Lewis - Assistant coach?

Ted Lasso

I have no knowledge of if he will, or if he even wants to but he seems like he'd be the sort of person who'd be a great person to keep around in a coaching capacity. with rumours Max Rooke may be leaving he would surely be a good fit to fill the development coaching role that opens up? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I have no knowledge of if he will, or if he even wants to but he seems like he'd be the sort of person who'd be a great person to keep around in a coaching capacity. with rumours Max Rooke may be leaving he would surely be a good fit to fill the development coaching role that opens up? 

He has already said he will focus on his media commitments and not coaching.

• Like 1

Not happening any time soon and definitely  not with us atm

Shame

9 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

My guess was also that he’d lean towards a media career. And didn’t someone post a few days ago that Lewis was disgusted at the club and won’t be there in any capacity next season? 

Hmmmm, that’s some juicy gossip  

Why? I mean, apart from the reasons I am. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

My guess was also that he’d lean towards a media career. And didn’t someone post a few days ago that Lewis was disgusted at the club and won’t be there in any capacity next season? 

Hard to blame him based on some of the rumors about what's happened this year, if even half of them are true it paints a bleak picture.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Hard to blame him based on some of the rumors about what's happened this year, if even half of them are true it paints a bleak picture.

that does not sound good patches. Clearly something was way off. Without revealing any details is this , in your opinion, something that can be repaired under Goodwin ? and/ or  with Viney as Captain? Whenever clubs are losing like we were morale is always off but I knew this went deeper.

1 minute ago, Wells 11 said:

that does not sound good patches. Clearly something was way off. Without revealing any details is this , in your opinion, something that can be repaired under Goodwin ? and/ or  with Viney as Captain? Whenever clubs are losing like we were morale is always off but I knew this went deeper.

I mean personally i think Max Gawn and Tom McDonald are the two best leaders at the club, neither is captain. 

I think we're still operating on sentiment and emotion a little bit too much. i think Hawthorn would delist Jones and trade Viney. we don't have the courage to do so, rightly or wrongly. 

from the outside it looks like we maybe have too many assistant coaches, and a few that have been there too long but the messages clearly aren't getting through to the players. 

what's really alarming for me though is inability to do the absolute basics of the game, like how often do you see Melbourne hitting lead up forwards? i'm not sure of the stats but i'd imagine we're towards the bottom of the list for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I mean personally i think Max Gawn and Tom McDonald are the two best leaders at the club, neither is captain. 

I think we're still operating on sentiment and emotion a little bit too much. i think Hawthorn would delist Jones and trade Viney. we don't have the courage to do so, rightly or wrongly. 

from the outside it looks like we maybe have too many assistant coaches, and a few that have been there too long but the messages clearly aren't getting through to the players. 

what's really alarming for me though is inability to do the absolute basics of the game, like how often do you see Melbourne hitting lead up forwards? i'm not sure of the stats but i'd imagine we're towards the bottom of the list for that.

It has really been unbelievable this year hasnt it. I cant remember a game this year I wasnt shocked by this. Which is why I wondered about something deeper happening that you seem to allude to. Players dont suddenly forget how to kick 20 metre passes under little pressure...or kick accurately for goal. In the last few weeks, Melksham 3.5 and Fritsch 1.4. those two are perhaps our best kicks! It made me wonder is everything had just gotten v negative down there and the fear of making a mistake was creating undue tension. 

Imagine the lesson plan:

1. The overhead blind throw handball to avoid a tackler
2. Falling over in contested situations
3. Punching someone and other free kicks when frustrated and losing
4. Sagging behind play to receive cheap disposals on the way out
5. Media relations and PR to avoid media scrutiny 
6. Hair replacement options
7. Maintenance of rugs
8. Contract law and refusing to retire

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Imagine the lesson plan:

1. The overhead blind throw handball to avoid a tackler
2. Falling over in contested situations
3. Punching someone and other free kicks when frustrated and losing
4. Sagging behind play to receive cheap disposals on the way out
5. Media relations and PR to avoid media scrutiny 
6. Hair replacement options
7. Maintenance of rugs
8. Contract law and refusing to retire

Winning 4 flags.

But sure, you could follow up his class with one on cheap shots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Care to elaborate on these rumours ?

16 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Winning 4 flags.

But sure, you could follow up his class with one on cheap shots.

Same number as Martin Pike, we should get him as an assistant. Similar number to the 2 Rooke won as a player and 1 he oversaw as a development coach.

Lewis was able to provide some on field instruction in his time as well as no doubt be a good sounding board for the coaches, but nothing in his on field actions or personality has looked like a future coach. And I wouldn't at all be surprised if he [censored] away any goodwill the other players had towards him by a lot of his ordinary efforts over the first 2 years and purely by playing on this year.

When Sam Mitchell wanted a career in coaching he knew he had to retire from the Eagles before he overstayed his welcome as a player. By all reports Hodge is about to do the same at Brisbane this year. Lewis clearly wasn't interested in coaching when he played on this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Same number as Martin Pike, we should get him as an assistant. Similar number to the 2 Rooke won as a player and 1 he oversaw as a development coach.

Lewis was able to provide some on field instruction in his time as well as no doubt be a good sounding board for the coaches, but nothing in his on field actions or personality has looked like a future coach. And I wouldn't at all be surprised if he [censored] away any goodwill the other players had towards him by a lot of his ordinary efforts over the first 2 years and purely by playing on this year.

When Sam Mitchell wanted a career in coaching he knew he had to retire from the Eagles before he overstayed his welcome as a player. By all reports Hodge is about to do the same at Brisbane this year. Lewis clearly wasn't interested in coaching when he played on this year.

Not sure where I said anything about Lewis coaching, but always good to find out the over the top biases some posters on Demonland have against particular people.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Just have a look at who carried him off after the North game and it will give you some clues...

I did wonder about that at the time. My zero knowledge hunch is that Jordie may have called out Jack on some things. The same kind of things that are being called out here. Anyway ...perhaps  when theres sunnier skies over this club again and we've fnished top 3 and  locked in the double chance you might share.

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Not sure where I said anything about Lewis coaching, but always good to find out the over the top biases some posters on Demonland have against particular people.

Read the thread title. I assumed your retort was based around thinking Lewis could coach.

If it was just to imply I should be nicer because a Hawthorn player won a bunch of flags I really don't care.

I'm only biased on who can and can't help us.

• Like 1