Splitting Draft Pick 3

Demon3

POLL  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, olisik said:

It also moves our pick 8 one spot if we bid on Green.

Why? If we bid on Green and GWS match it, that will technically move their pick 6 to 3 whilst picks 3, 4 and 5 will move down a spot to 4, 5 and 6. Picks 7 and above will still stay exactly where they are. 

13 minutes ago, Males said:

Why? If we bid on Green and GWS match it, that will technically move their pick 6 to 3 whilst picks 3, 4 and 5 will move down a spot to 4, 5 and 6. Picks 7 and above will still stay exactly where they are. 

That's what he means. If we give them pick 3 for pick 6, both our picks are sliding to 7 and 9 if Sydney bids on Greene at 5.

Well maybe he doesn't but that's the important factor here. We are pushing ourselves back if we deal our pick and give them a pick before a Greene bid comes in. They would need to be offering something amazing to stop us from bidding.

Edited by Watts the matter

2 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

The most GWS can now offer for #3 is #6, #40, #59, #60 plus future 1st rounder and 2x future 4th rounders.

Unless they trade some of their existing picks (elsewhere) before dealing with us.

Live trading on drafting day could be interesting but it's still difficult to see them satisfying us unless there's something else we don't know about.

It looks reasonably obvious that pick 6 and next year's first rounder just wasn't enough for us to give up pick 3 to them.

11 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

The most GWS can now offer for #3 is #6, #40, #59, #60 plus future 1st rounder and 2x future 4th rounders.

6 is the only pic I like out of that lot and no way near enough to get our pic 3. Will be interesting to see what they do. 

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

Unless they trade some of their existing picks (elsewhere) before dealing with us.

Live trading on drafting day could be interesting but it's still difficult to see them satisfying us unless there's something else we don't know about.

It looks reasonably obvious that pick 6 and next year's first rounder just wasn't enough for us to give up pick 3 to them.

I still think a deal will get done before the draft. We will both come out ahead by doing a deal and the deadline was meaningless today without a player being involved. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

40+59 = 32 based on points. Could be a team in the 30's somewhat interested in that.

6, 32, future first has me at least interested.

42 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

40+59 = 32 based on points. Could be a team in the 30's somewhat interested in that.

6, 32, future first has me at least interested.

They need the points themselves for Green.

I think we’re now in the realm of accepting 6 and their 1st rounder in 2020 plus shrapnel, or trading with someone else who has more assets & wants pick 3.

GWS might have to look at dealing with Sydney & Adelaide, and hoping we don’t bid on Green.

• Like 1

Just now, Mach5 said:

They need the points themselves for Green.

I think we’re now in the realm of accepting 6 and their 1st rounder in 2020 plus shrapnel, or trading with someone else who has more assets & wants pick 3.

GWS might have to look at dealing with Sydney & Adelaide, and hoping we don’t bid on Green.

Deal was essentially us going from 3&8 to 7&9 with a pick in the 20s (2020 first rounder) coming back our way.

No team would take that deal.

I think we'll take 3 & 8 to the draft. GWS don't have the currency for a deal that's enticing enough without offering a player. That ship has sailed.

Would expect Sydney to bid on Green with 5. Give him a couple of years apprenticed to Joey Kennedy before replacing him

3 minutes ago, Go the Biff said:

I think we'll take 3 & 8 to the draft. GWS don't have the currency for a deal that's enticing enough without offering a player. That ship has sailed.

Would expect Sydney to bid on Green with 5. Give him a couple of years apprenticed to Joey Kennedy before replacing him

I’m sure we will also bid on him as his an inside midfield contested beast. Goodwin would be all over this one thankfully.

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

They need to keep enough to pay for Green, so on face value this won't be done now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Does GWS have any players out of contract they can delist for us to pick up as delisted free agents after a pick swap? Is it possible for players and clubs to agree to cancel contracts?

I posted the below on another thread, but was unsure if it could be done. I wonder now if this is the way to get a player from GWS, though they had plenty of chances today to do that sort of deal.

"If a player is to be involved it has to be done in the next 97 minutes. Unless you could delist a player who agrees to come to us."

I suppose if we named any players, GWS thought them superior to the player they were looking at drafting before Green.

Edited by Redleg

GWS will do a deal with us. They just need time to deal themselves into something of value for us. At present we hold pick 3, and we will most likely bid on Greene with it. Any club would be desperate to do a deal with us and GWS are no exception. We know they are desperate so we will wait for overs at the trade table. Thankfully not even MFC can stuff this one up, its pretty straight forward, the ball is in GWS court. If no deal is done its on them. We sit firmly in the box seat with this one. I expect a deal to be done, and I expect fairly solid overs.

6 minutes ago, Beetle said:

We will see.

At not one point since obtaining pick 8 have I thought we will take picks 3 and 8 to the draft.

Yes time will tell but isn't it good to finally hold all the aces with 3 & 8 and sit back to see what offers come our way. I believe the club has done a great job this year and need to continue this path through to the draft and psd

5 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

Yes time will tell but isn't it good to finally hold all the aces with 3 & 8 and sit back to see what offers come our way. I believe the club has done a great job this year and need to continue this path through to the draft and psd

Calculated and purposeful. I dig it.

3 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Calculated and purposeful. I dig it.

I wonder how much of it came about after our inability to get back into the first round to draft Zak Butters last year.

Our trade with North could have been done at anytime up until and including the draft night. Maybe it was to pressure GWS with pick 3 (which hasn't worked out).

1 minute ago, Watts the matter said:

I wonder how much of it came about after our inability to get back into the first round to draft Zak Butters last year.

Our trade with North could have been done at anytime up until and including the draft night. Maybe it was to pressure GWS with pick 3 (which hasn't worked out).

It will work out.