Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Oliver Sprays Fritsch

dazzledavey36

Infuriated me seeing this from Oliver last night. Steven May copped it for making Frost accountable and showing leadership. Yet Oliver sprays Fritsch for actually playing team footy showing composure and vision. You couldn't find a more selfish arrogant footballer in our side right now. Needs a huge reality check In the off season and keep his ego in check. 

Needs to forget about how many stats he gets and become more effective with his disposal. These junk handballs to someone else under pressure serve no purpose.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/clayton-oliver-slammed-for-selfish-spray-of-teammate-bayley-fritsch/news-story/9b385ab4e7ecbbae5e5750953777a7c7

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

The interesting bit in that vision ( and it’s not a long clip) is we have a captain 5 metres away from the incident and seemingly just walks away. Wonder if anyone saw Jones have a chat to Oliver about it.

To be fair, Oliver has a point. Fritsch executed a pinpoint kick to a team mate in space; this is not ‘the Melbourne way’. However, ANB retrieved the situation by missing the relatively straightforward shot at goal; in keeping with ‘the Melbourne way’.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Haha 18
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Infuriated me seeing this from Oliver last night. Steven May copped it for making Frost accountable and showing leadership. Yet Oliver sprays Fritsch for actually playing team footy showing composure and vision. You couldn't find a more selfish arrogant footballer in our side right now. Needs a huge reality check In the off season and keep his ego in check. 

Needs to forget about how many stats he gets and become more effective with his disposal. These junk handballs to someone else under pressure serve no purpose.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/clayton-oliver-slammed-for-selfish-spray-of-teammate-bayley-fritsch/news-story/9b385ab4e7ecbbae5e5750953777a7c7

He's a young man with a great deal to learn.  He is an outstanding talent though, and if our coaches can harness that he'll become what we all believe he can be. At the moment it's all about Clayton, and that's a shame because he's the second best player on our list, but well down the list of team player's.  He perhaps needs to take a leaf out of Max's book - who is our best player and also our best team player - he helps everyone around him look better.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

The interesting bit in that vision ( and it’s not a long clip) is we have a captain 5 metres away from the incident and seemingly just walks away. Wonder if anyone saw Jones have a chat to Oliver about it.

I remember the May/Frost incident where Jones looked at them and walked straight past it, oblivious to what was happening.

I highly doubt it.

• Like 3

Another camera angle would show Oliver's lips moving, and lip reading would read something along the lines of "good vision but don't kick it to Neale-Bullen because he can't kick" .....

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Damning for the onfield leadership. Jones should have stepped and laid down the law. Instead he walks away as if he don’t care. Nothing will change until he retires or forced out. 

Midway through this year i was a big support for him to get another year. But his last few games have been extremely poor in terms of performance and leadership. Absolutely cooked.

Needs to retire gracefully. I would rather Tom Sparrow playing next year then Jones.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Both so called Leaders appear to have vacated their "willingness and want" to lead many moons ago.  The mid year review should have included a review of on field leadership and an injection of a new joint captain in Maxy (none to subtle shot across the bows) in preparation for his taking over the mantle next year.

There is and has been a leadership vaccuum on field for weeks now, which IMV is a big part of the entire break down of systems, structures and disciplines across all lines since the review, with the exception of the forward line which has been shizen all year.

What we are seeing with results in the last few weeks is the final 'end game" of an entire break down of systems / methods & disciplines throughout the FD playing out on the field, from the Coach down to almost all within the playing group.

Clarry's ill disciplined and ill directed outburst towards Fritta without any quashing or direction from either leader to "stand  down and know your place son" and/or the Coach dragging him and saying same while he cools his heals on the bench, is a great example of where the FD amd playing group is at right now.

An amateurish shamozle unfolding before our very eyes completely rudderless and devoid of leadership from the Coach down.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Both so called Leaders appear to have vacated their "willingness and want" to lead many moons ago.  The mid year review should have included a review of on field leadership and an injection of a new joint captain in Maxy (none to subtle shot across the bows) in preparation for his taking over the mantle next year.

There is amd has been a leadership vaccuum on field for weeks now, which IMV is a big part of the entire break down of systems, structures and disciplines across all lines since the review, with the exception of the forward line which has been shizen all year.

What we are seeing with results in the last few weeks is the final 'end game" of an entire break down of systems / methods & disciplines throughout the FD playing out on the field, from the Coach down to almost all within the playing group.

Clarry's ill disciplined and ill directed outburst towards Fritta without any quashing or direction from either leader to "stand  down and know your place son" is a great example of where the FD amd playing group is at right now.

An amateurish shamozle unfolding before our very eyes completely rudderless and devoid of leadership from the Coach down.

Viney is Oliver's best mate.. does he have the balls to pull him up on it? Doubt it.. #protectyourmates

Where's I see Gawn or a Steven May the type of leaders who would be tearing shreds off Oliver for the selfish attitude outburst.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Selfish, really? I must be watching a different game. Our leading tackler and contested ball winner for a few seasons now, the guy who wins us the ball more than any other and always tries to distribute it quickly to teammates in a better position. How much better would we be if we had a couple of class outside players for Oliver to feed the ball to?

But we don’t, so I wish he were more selfish. I wish he held on to the pill longer instead of giving it off so fast. I wish he backed himself more and used his power and acceleration out of stoppages. I wish he lifted, rather than lowered, his eyes in congestion more, and used his disposal in a more incisive and direct way, with more metres gained. He tried a couple of spearing kicks into the corridor last night that didn’t come off and got down on himself - I hope the coaches would encourage more of that. Take risks, back yourself. Be arrogant with the ball. Aspire to the level of impact and ball use that Martin and Bontempelli so often display.

Oliver is a special player for us already but is yet to reach his full potential.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, Ben E said:

Selfish, really? I must be watching a different game. Our leading tackler and contested ball winner for a few seasons now, the guy who wins us the ball more than any other and always tries to distribute it quickly to teammates in a better position. How much better would we be if we had a couple of class outside players for Oliver to feed the ball to?

But we don’t, so I wish he were more selfish. I wish he held on to the pill longer instead of giving it off so fast. I wish he backed himself more and used his power and acceleration out of stoppages. I wish he lifted, rather than lowered, his eyes in congestion more, and used his disposal in a more incisive and direct way, with more metres gained. He tried a couple of spearing kicks into the corridor last night that didn’t come off and got down on himself - I hope the coaches would encourage more of that. Take risks, back yourself. Be arrogant with the ball. Aspire to the level of impact and ball use that Martin and Bontempelli so often display.

Oliver is a special player for us already but is yet to reach his full potential.

Selfish in the way thats its all about his disposal count for Oliver. Junk handballs to a teammates feet or an opponent right on their hammer.

He's got a lot to learn if he wants to take his game to another level.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Another camera angle would show Oliver's lips moving, and lip reading would read something along the lines of "good vision but don't kick it to Neale-Bullen because he can't kick" .....

He is right I wouldn't kick it to him either

Anb is a serial miss kick

Could kick 2 every game if he could learn to kick has been doing it the whole of his illustrious career

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Viney is Oliver's best mate.. does he have the balls to pull him up on it? Doubt it.. #protectyourmates

Where's I see Gawn or a Steven May the type of leaders who would be tearing shreds off Oliver for the selfish attitude outburst.

IF that is the case DD then it falls to the Coach to step up.  And not just in this instance.  I don't believe too many seasoned quality AFL coaches would have put up with some of the vacuous leadership over the last three months or so without stepping in and taking some serious action to arrest the on field (off field?) leadership issues.

25 minutes ago, Kent said:

He is right I wouldn't kick it to him either

Anb is a serial miss kick

Could kick 2 every game if he could learn to kick has been doing it the whole of his illustrious career

Kent not having played at any decent level of footy i cant speak from experience but my imagination and decades of observing the game suggest to me that in today's crowded i50, in the heat of battle with so many speedy players around who can cover 5 - 10 meters super quick, your vision probably looks and goes to the player/s in front who is / are the one/s 'on the move' and who look like they're in a bit of space to receive or can run onto the pill when it's kicked into that space.  All happening in split seconds.

I doubt he had the luxury of an extra split second or so to decide if it is worth kicking to 'ANB' or not and re-assess.  He might not even have recognised him until he was well into the kicking action....all too late.

Edited by Rusty Nails

I felt the footage of Petracca on the phone to the coaches was more damning. One thing is players frustrated at each other, another is the players frustrated at the coaches.

Edited by olisik
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Selfish in the way thats its all about his disposal count for Oliver.

You don't know that, unless you have actual inside knowledge of how he views his games.

As for his often poor disposal, that may have something to do with a lack of presenting by others, a direction from his coaches to move it along at all costs and a few skill errors, where he wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in this side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I also would’ve also berated Fritsch as well.

ANB would be the last player you’d pass to.

Fritsch didn't select him in the side and a team mate is a team mate. 

I know you were being sarcastic.

Edited by Redleg

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Selfish in the way thats its all about his disposal count for Oliver. Junk handballs to a teammates feet or an opponent right on their hammer.

He's got a lot to learn if he wants to take his game to another level.

Agree Dazzle, keep it up.

Oliver is either lazy or stupid. 

Both him and Brayshaw have bucket loads of talent but are carelessly rushing and not taking care with the ball. Deserves the criticism 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You don't know that, unless you have actual inside knowledge of how he views his games.

As for his often poor disposal, that may have something to do with a lack of presenting by others, a direction from his coaches to move it along at all costs and a few skill errors, where he wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in this side.

While I agree with you, I think it's also fair that none of us really know if its coach driven or player related.

You can argue both points quite adequately from last night.

Take for example Olivers shot at goal.... wtf was that.... But then in chains of play and no forward line your point can be clearly articulated as well. Fact is it has been consistent all year. Im no AFL player or coach (obviously) but Oliver seems to take possession and hot potato it, it is very reminiscent of poorer eras. 

I am not one of the conspiracy theorist that live on this site, but there is clearly something very wrong down at Demonland at the moment.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

While I agree with you, I think it's also fair that none of us really know if its coach driven or player related.

You can argue both points quite adequately from last night.

Take for example Olivers shot at goal.... wtf was that.... But then in chains of play and no forward line your point can be clearly articulated.

I am not one of the conspiracy theorist that live on this site, but there is clearly something very wrong down at Demonland at the moment.

It is interesting that a player can be accused of being selfish,because he wants to get the ball and does more than any other in our side yet this same player gives off the ball instead of trying to run the field with it. 

Which player is trying to bring more team mates into the game than Oliver?

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2
  • Love 1