Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Roos + Lyon - On The Couch

Demonsone

Just watched on the couch & Lyon sunk the boots into the club saying last year was a fluke & how pathetic were are .. Roos said nothing..  I love Roos but conflict of interest as he appointed Goodwin but yet his silence is deafening!

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Demonsone said:

Just watched on the couch & Lyon sunk the boots into the club saying last year was a fluke & how pathetic were are .. Roos said nothing..  I love Roos but conflict of interest as he appointed Goodwin but yet his silence is deafening!

Just because he appointed him (wasn't his first choice btw), doesn't mean he's got a free pass for life from criticism.

Where exactly is the conflict of interest? He's a commentator now, not involved at the club at all.

• Like 2

Roos said his piece at the start. Focused on what Melbourne supporters would like to see in the last 5 rounds. 

Lyon just wanted to get that off his chest and probably shared the sentiment of a lot of Melbourne supporters. Calling last year an aberration is a big call from Lyon.

We have to go out and beat the Saints this Saturday night. If we don’t, there’s no way we’re going into next year with a level of positivity.

• Like 4

Lyon is trying to get a response. Reasonable to think last year was an aberration but we won't truly know that until probably mid-2020. By which point I suspect we'll either be heavily in contention or Goodwin will be gone.

It's a disgrace the position we're in. A few on this board understate it quite a bit. But it's very difficult to bounce back quickly from this position. I think Goodwin and co. have "over cooked" the pasta with some poor player management and development choices as well as trades that at the time looked good but perhaps set us back. It's all been over cooked and after taking 4 steps forward last year, we took a bullet train 4km back in 2019.

2019 now is about saving *some* face but in typical Melbourne fashion I highly doubt we'll win another game this year. A 5-win season with <80% percentage is coach killing for a team with finals aspirations. We may even see Goodwin gone by the end of the season.

Lyon speaks with emotion and frustration in his heart. He is a ruthless competitor. 17th at this stage is unacceptable no matter how you spin it.

Edited by praha
  • Like 11

38 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Just because he appointed him (wasn't his first choice btw), doesn't mean he's got a free pass for life from criticism.

Where exactly is the conflict of interest? He's a commentator now, not involved at the club at all.

Hasn’t been critical of Goodwin as a coach or the club on its disastrous season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

Lyon is trying to get a response. Reasonable to think last year was an aberration but we won't truly know that until probably mid-2020. By which point I suspect we'll either be heavily in contention or Goodwin will be gone.

It's a disgrace the position we're in. A few on this board understate it quite a bit. But it's very difficult to bounce back quickly from this position. I think Goodwin and co. have "over cooked" the pasta with some poor player management and development choices as well as trades that at the time looked good but perhaps set us back. It's all been over cooked and after taking 4 steps forward last year, we took a bullet train 4km back in 2019.

2019 now is about saving *some* face but in typical Melbourne fashion I highly doubt we'll win another game this year.

Lyon speaks with emotion and frustration in his heart. He is a ruthless competitor. 17th at this stage is unacceptable no matter how you spin it.

Ha!! He is pretty much the cause of it for picking Mark Neeld from the start. He is the reason Roos had to come in and clean up the mess!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ha!! He is pretty much the cause of it for picking Mark Neeld from the start. He is the reason Roos had to come in and clean up the mess!

True but doesn't change the fact he's passionate. For all we know Goodwin may turn out to be a complete dud of a coach and we may find ourselves in rebuild mode for another 3-4 years. Or it may be that the Neeld hiring and subsequent firing kickstarted a chain reaction and call to arms that delivered us Roos then Goodwin and perhaps a flag.

As bad as Neeld was, he acknowledged the club was broken and rotten. He may not have gone about it the right way but Lyon and Co. knew they needed a realist. But they needed a realist zen. Instead they got a realist with zero people management skills.

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

What on earth are you after? For him to bag Goidwin? That would achieve nadda.

Roos is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Imo he can do as he pleases. I'm thankful for what he and PJ did (which was a frigging lot in a short period of time)

Looks like you want to stick up for Lyon and sink the boots onto Roos, which would be hugely ironic, as Dazzle mentioned.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, praha said:

True but doesn't change the fact he's passionate. For all we know Goodwin may turn out to be a complete dud of a coach and we may find ourselves in rebuild mode for another 3-4 years. Or it may be that the Neeld hiring and subsequent firing kickstarted a chain reaction and call to arms that delivered us Roos then Goodwin and perhaps a flag.

As bad as Neeld was, he acknowledged the club was broken and rotten. He may not have gone about it the right way but Lyon and Co. knew they needed a realist. But they needed a realist zen. Instead they got a realist with zero people management skills.

So Lyon picked a guy that nearly sent this club to fold but yet thats ok because he's "passionate"

Nah [censored] that. I'll back Goodwin in to get us going again next year.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of G Lyon’s past involvements with Coaching Panels, he is on the money. 

This Club right now is in deep [censored], and it is going to take a huge effort to get it back on track. 

Who else falls this far, so quickly? 

WTF went on last summer? Why isn’t the list fit enough to play 4 Quarters. No excuses. Get a list ready to play 2 hours a week. Why wasn’t somebody in contact with Stephen May straight after his recruitment? Book a flight ✈️ Tell him what is required. Don’t wait for him just to roll up. That is f$&@ing unbelievable!!!!

Record Memberships this year and we are served this cold turd each weekend. 

I honestly think Goodwin thought it would just roll on. Yes we had surgeries, but so did all clubs. We have 45 on the list...

Why are the not fit???

I am glad the boots are being sunk in. We have had so much assistance and we throw it away everytime

Get to work Simon. Next year starts now. 

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

So what do you dispute of the above??

Not sure he disputes anything swyl .. it's fact you constantly repeat yourself in every single match day/Goodwin thread over and over again. Becomes tiresome.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

Jeez... its a been a crappy year hasn't it? I cant wait for this season to end so we can get onto the next one. 

I'm still firmly in the 'Its the injuries' camp but I hope to all god that Goodwin tweaks the gameplan to stop this 'Chaos' [censored]. This bomb it into the forward line at every opportunity is [censored] horrible to watch and I said this last year too when we were actually winning.

• Like 4

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Not sure he disputes anything swyl .. it's fact you constantly repeat yourself in every single match day/Goodwin thread over and over again. Becomes tiresome.

I am agreeing with G Lyon basically

love to know what didn’t happen last summer... as we all paid up...

4 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I dispute that you have anything new to say apart from this copy and paste outrage. 

But if we turn things around next season, he knew we would and he always backed Goody

Just like he knew we'd get flogged yesterday because the players were mentally scarred from the Prelim

There are few who trot out statements on here like he does, but when he gets asked a basic football question NFI

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

But if we turn things around next season, he knew we would and he always backed Goody

Just like he knew we'd get flogged yesterday because the players were mentally scarred from the Prelim

There are few who trot out statements on here like he does, but when he gets asked a basic football question NFI

Statements i trot out... Right

Did Meth Coke get out of Second gear yesterday?

5.1 to 1.5 at Quarter time says the Ghosts were lingering in a few minds. Our blokes couldn’t even read the wind direction kicking for goal... It wasn’t hard to see. 

I have my doubts about Goodwin, but his Presser yesterday was refreshing. He was angry, and may i say about bloody time...

He is going to have to work Long and fast to turn this around....

Roos being here seems like a lifetime ago. Last season feels like a lifetime ago.

Right now we are a disgrace of a club. Thank God the gold coast basket case is keeping the heat of us.

Gazza has just had enough like most of us. Can't blame him, I watch games expecting we will lose. No supporter base can continually cop this tripe every season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I essentially  agree with him

2018 exibited elements  of the Roos era ...and the naturally  declined.  All Goodwin did was hit the afterburner.  Itcworked. For a period as it might. Then we petered  out big time. Have we actually  recovered ? Not in my view

2020 will tell. Go Dees

cheers for the merge, mods  

I really should check other thread contents first  ?

Edited by McQueen
  • Haha 1