Training - Monday 19 November, 2018

Whispering_Jack

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Joel Smith making a statement which is good.

VERY talented so hope he has a good pre-season of preparation for the season ahead.

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Without full results that's a little unfair. 

You don't need to be a "midfielder" to excel at the 2km time trial. 

Valid point and it's nice to know we have a couple of very fit flankers in ANB and Smith and I'm all for fit guys on the flanks, but you need really good endurance to be a great midfielder. Or at least a midfield group with a strong endurance base.

So far we've got Viney and Petracca in the rehab group. Oliver sure to join them when he's back outside. Harmes had surgery as well. Vanders too? So in terms of our first choice inside mids the only one out there running appears to be Brayshaw, hopefully he's in for a big preseason but he's a noted endurance runner.

Then on the outside KK's obviously fit and firing and Jones was there early getting stuck in. Fritsch training. But Stretch probably not back to training yet? Oskar Baker?

KK being an excellent runner is obviously one of the reasons why we recruited him and it lends more weight to the idea he's a possible solution to our wingmen woes. I'd just like to see a few more midfielders right up there running 6:30 2km runs as well. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Mitch Clark is back and still having his name mis-spelled on Demonland?

Mitch got his surname tattoed on his back. Only problem was that he got it done in old english cursive and the artist did an E instead of a C. So Mitch has a tattoo which says 'Elark'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some more info

At end of session when players split into groups for more running, Jones, Salem, JKH and Gawn went for a run around the Tan

KK looked like the new boy out to impress, sharp in every drill,  easy guy to talk to as well

Looking forward to post Xmas when Gawny and Preuss do some one on one on training, might rival the Petracca/Oliver Jones/Brayshaw for intensity

Billy Stretch is fully recovered from toe injury, same with Maynard and hips, now a slow build up before Xmas ready to fully participate after

Fritsch is still built like a stick, but has obviously worked on his base over the break, easily outrunning the other first years in Spargo and Petty

Lever is bigger in the arms and shoulders, so has obviously taken the opportunity to do some weight work when off legs, don't think he doubts for a second he will be ready to go Rd 1

All the players knew exactly what was required of them for the session, it was no [censored] farting about between drills, run like a well oiled machine, carrying on from last year

No sign of Austin Bradtke, Guy Walker was working away, sometimes on his own, other times with the rehabbers

From what I could glean, others were inside getting physio etc, Oskar Baker came out for a walk and a look around

The rehab as such was mainly Lever, others like Viney, Stretch, Tim Smith, Oscar Mac, Walker, Maynard did bits and pieces, assume once full squad sessions start, there will a more structured 'rehab' group

There was no Goodwin or McCartney, all other coaches in attendance

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Where's the beard? I thought he wanted to learn from the best.

... good call JD.

Lets have our big guys looking more neanderthal & hungry,  by the time the real comp starts.

grow facial hair, then, no need to slip-slop-slap the face

29 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Billy Stretch is fully recovered from toe injury, same with Maynard and hips, now a slow build up before Xmas ready to fully participate after

Good to hear about stretch. Really hoping he can nail preseason and push for one those wing roles we seem to struggle with next year.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm quite surprised to see a player wearing a watch when involved in body contact work. I would have thought if they're doing the body work with any genuine intensity an errant watch might do some damage to someone's face or teeth.

I assume he was wearing it for the time trial and forgot to take it off. Or he wanted to make sure he got all his steps in for the day. Fitbit/Apple watch users will know what I mean.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Conspiracy theorists start your engines:

The training tops for Neal-Bullen and KK have a huge, blank space on the back with some smaller writing which I can't decipher at the top. The training top for Steven May has iSelect in a prominent location on the back. 

Is this a sign of anything?

Looking at all the photos it appears that the two "larger" newbies are indeed wearing last years apparel. Based on Big Braydon Preuss' presser it's safe to assume the sizes to accommodate the bigger bodies were not available for these guys.

I know this is not the conspiracy you were looking for.

24 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Looking at all the photos it appears that the two "larger" newbies are indeed wearing last years apparel. Based on Big Braydon Preuss' presser it's safe to assume the sizes to accommodate the bigger bodies were not available for these guys.

I know this is not the conspiracy you were looking for.

I think they could've put the merch tent over Preuss and it still would've been too small.

• Like 1

Just now, Moonshadow said:

I think they could've put the merch tent over Preuss and it still would've been too small.

He's a big unit. I'd be happy to start him in the team up forward and see how he goes. Will be hard to match up on.

Without Jesse I wouldn't want TMac or Weid having to leave us a big man short in the forward line when Maxy is resting on the pine.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm quite surprised to see a player wearing a watch when involved in body contact work. I would have thought if they're doing the body work with any genuine intensity an errant watch might do some damage to someone's face or teeth.

You have onions under your sausage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2