Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

There's a fair chance the Hogan trade, if it comes to fruition, won't happen until the very end.  This thread will hit 300 pages before it does.

This thread is the new internet sensation, we could have half a million views by the time we get to 300 pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2018 at 12:19 PM, The Swimming Dee said:

But as others have stated it is about ensuring the trade period is a positive gain overall. This will be a huge deal but with one eye on the end game this deal is not the be all and end all. It plays a large part in ensuring we get what we want to move on the players/picks we want coming in. No point delaying this deal to the end and achieving nothing

its actually much more than about players. 

Its about showing all inside the Dees, and also outside this club, that the NEW Mfc actually has grown some [censored].  And WILL NOT be pushed about any longer  

Edited by Demonland
Removed sexist text

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

I cannot understand the desire for May. We have tallish defenders at Casey in Petty and Keilty who may be able to play a similar role as May. Also lever will be back which will make our defence much stronger. If we are to lose Hogan then picks 4 & 5 ( not 9 and 10 ) should go on the 2 best vic kids in the draft. Personally if we don't get 4 and 5 he plays another year with us.

They will be at least 2Yrs, before they are September ready.

On 10/6/2018 at 1:46 PM, DV8 said:

Its about showing all inside the Dees, and also outside this club, that the NEW Mfc actually has grown some balls.  And WILL NOT be pushed about any longer.

We will have to disagree. It is about the list being better next year than it was this year. That is the only outcome that matters. Proving you are tough in trade week doesn’t win you premierships.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

We will have to disagree. It is about the list being better next year than it was this year. That is the only outcome that matters. Proving you are tough in trade week doesn’t win you premierships.

BTW I know plenty of tough females

No, it isn't...   it is all about walking taller as Melbourne.  collectively. Its about building the club.  your thinking purely like an mcc thinker.

Walking taller is all about mental attitude, and becoming winners.  as a CLUB. 

The building the team is the structure that aids the Club to win.   It is how we present as a club that gains respect on and off the field.

We as a Club... have been an impotent-club for too many decades since the 60's, to want to remember...

17 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Its about showing all inside the Dees, and also outside this club, that the NEW Mfc actually has grown some balls.  And WILL NOT be pushed about any longer.

We are going to be Male about winning... no more squatting to P for this club.

What a bizarre analogy?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DV8 said:

No, it isn't...   it is all about walking taller as Melbourne.  collectively. Its about building the club.  your thinking purely like an mcc thinker.

Walking taller is all about mental attitude, and becoming winners.  as a CLUB. 

The building the team is the structure that aids the Club to win.   It is how we present as a club that gains respect on and off the field.

We as a Club... have been an impotent-club for too many decades since the 60's, to want to remember...

As I said we will have to agree to disagree. For me it is about winning premierships not trade week.

Remember who was touted as the big winners of trade week last year - Port and Essendon. How’d that work out?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McQueen said:

I’m not trying to rattle you mate. I don’t mind the abrasive nature of some of your posts as it just adds another layer of difference to this forum which can at times become a merry go round as evidenced by this thread. 

But, there is a thing called hypocrisy that you may be familiar with. It exists quite a lot on this forum with some posters potting away at others and throwing barbs that actually add SFA value to the conversation but at the same time thinking they are. I get that you sometimes are fed up with the “hysterical nature” of this site which is your perception and that’s fine. I get bored reading it to be honest but it does seem to be your one wood in a golf bag that only carries a few clubs.

And by the way, it’s ‘you’re’ not your. 

Keep posting big fella. 

I only come on here to have a go at the rubbish some people post.

Some folk have very interesting and different negotiating skills 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

I only come on here to have a go at the rubbish some people post.

And I thought I wasted time on here. 

Bravo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Remember who was touted as the big winners of trade week last year - Port and Essendon. How’d that work out?

... touted ???   by who, 'TSD' ?   by you?

I thought Port were silly with they're trading, bringing in soft players.

The only one I considered was Tommy Rockliff, as another inside type who could add to our rotation, mid and forward.

Port I thought were ordinary recruiting. 

I cannot remember what the Bummers did recruiting...  except for Stringer.

Speed on its own does not make things good... the player has to have 'go' in them.   see Garlett.

I think Hogan will stay. Why would he want to give up on a top 4 side? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DV8 said:

The only one I considered was Tommy Rockliff, as another inside type who could add to our rotation, mid and forward.

Speed on its own does not make things good... the player has to have 'go' in them.   see Garlett.

Many said they won trade week. My point is you said that you want us to be tough at trade week and many thought that both of those teams were last year.

All that matters is we improve our list. Don’t get fixated on the one trade. Mahoney and Taylor have proven themselves very astute operators.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Also one more question - does Hogan have go in him? Sometimes I am unsure

Many said they won trade week. My point is you said that you want us to be tough at trade week and many thought that both of those teams were last year.

All that matters is we improve our list. Don’t get fixated on the one trade. Mahoney and Taylor have proven themselves very astute operators.

I didn't think they won anything last year...  I think they went backwards, in the longer list view.

Also one more question - does Hogan have go in him? Sometimes I am unsure

Sometimes, I am as well 'TSD'.

He seems moody.   IMO, it holds him back.

If it’s a deal it should be clear cut, we are still up for some of Jackie’s Port salary for the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019, hopefully we won’t be paying Freo for a whack of Jessie’s contract.

Mahoney has stated we can’t afford both May and Hogan, it’s either.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

Not at all, I am a progressive.

But Winning footy is all about caveman ideals.

The West Coast Eagles didn't think so. 

This was on their whiteboard on Grand Final day and was their mantra throughout the season.

image.thumb.png.297bd54a820c37314d8120696c01849c.png 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dl4e said:

We have tallish defenders at Casey in Petty and Keilty who may be able to play a similar role as May.

Petty is a different type of player, intercept mark, zone off and still very immature in a football sense.

Keilty is nowhere near the class off May and I think even his brother would agree with this.

They would not be even close to playing a similar role to May.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DV8 said:

try devon smith their b&f

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

Petty is a different type of player, intercept mark, zone off and still very immature in a football sense.

Keilty is nowhere near the class off May and I think even his brother would agree with this.

They would not be even close to playing a similar role to May.

and petty might get a few games next year but is at least 2 years away from any serious form

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

Port are Doomed for the next 10 years, all of their trade dealings were rejects from other clubs with no upside.

The lot of them are all downhill skiers, thats why they were not wanted at their previous clubs. 

God bless Jeffy but if he aint gonna play and he still has value, ship him over to Port they'll welcome him with open arms.

Champion data had them rated at the start of the season as 2nd best list in the comp, i couldn't help but laugh.

No offence to both Jack's, especially Trenners.

• Like 2