Finals Tickets

Lucifers Hero

22 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Looks like I've got prime seats in front of the TV. Tickets sold out from under my nose while I was waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting ... log in ...wait wait wait wait.... enter bar code, choose tix ... wait wait wait wait ... refresh .... more bays have disappeared ... have to log in again ... wait wait wait ... have to enter bar code for 100th time ... get message: "Please go back and try again. This was unexpected." Have to go back to start.

Finally get this: "There aren't enough tickets to meet your request right now. Please try a different ticket category or type, with a reduced quantity of tickets. If you receive this message even when selecting only one ticket, all remaining tickets are being transacted by other customers."

These guys need to apply for the world cup rights. They've got their f***kup game down pat.

have you been reading this thread at all? sales are suspended. not sold out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Given that there's a Ticketek outlet at KPark, and I'm of the impression that there would have been no problem there (until the on-line sales were halted at midday), I assume there's 1000's of Cats members who have got their tickets.

Does that affect our allocation, or are they divvied up as per the GF?

GA has been delayed.

The only Cats supporters that would have tickets would be Geelong club members.

3 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Given that there's a Ticketek outlet at KPark, and I'm of the impression that there would have been no problem there (until the on-line sales were halted at midday), I assume there's 1000's of Cats members who have got their tickets.

Does that affect our allocation, or are they divvied up as per the GF?

I'd say they are evenly divided. I doubt 1000s of people were down at Kardinia Park getting tickets in the 30 minute window before the sales were suspended. Remember also that all an outlet does is log onto the same system that you do via computers. 

6 minutes ago, praha said:

have you been reading this thread at all? sales are suspended. not sold out.

Yep  correct.

According to recorded message from the MCC all visitors seats and reserved seats sold out.

Was looking for one visitor seat for young family member. Was on at 12.01 followed guidelines, just unable to get through.

I too will join the scramble before the gates open.

8 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I'd say they are evenly divided. I doubt 1000s of people were down at Kardinia Park getting tickets in the 30 minute window before the sales were suspended. Remember also that all an outlet does is log onto the same system that you do via computers. 

Given that a good percentage of the 65k Cats members live withing a 10km radius of KPark, I reckon the smart one would have headed there after failing on-line.

I was on-line from 8:58am until after midday. I had no success but many (according to this site, did succeed). My mate was at the outlet in Traralgon (missed out) but was told by the operator that they are, by far, more successful than someone trying on-line.

1 minute ago, sisso said:

What a c_ck up (again)....anyone have any idea when competing club members sales re-open??

waiting ... waiting. Assuming (hoping) the club will text us. Sometime this arvo - I assume after Tigers/Hawks tickets.

Does anyone know what the crowd expectation for the game is?

I have flights from Perth and accommodation booked but obviously no tickets yet. 

Say they are expecting 80,000 - that means i will definitely get a ticket right?

I have waited 12 years for finals - why not wait a few additional hours for tickets.

Incredible that there is no prominent notice on the homepage of http://www.afl.com.au/ - there's nothing in the carousel at the top, there's only a text link to a story and that's buried 5 down the list.

But there still IS a link to "The Finals - Get Tickets" underneath the Match Centre widget

(That widget is a disgrace btw - does not update properly when matches are in progress)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, praha said:

GA has been delayed.

The only Cats supporters that would have tickets would be Geelong club members.

Just reckon that the Cats supporters that were at the Ticketek outlet at KPark, or those who got there before 11am (after failing on-line) would have got tickets. It was only the on-line sales that failed. 

As far as I know, the outlets have a different form of access - and limited seating access ie Cats areas. Cats members could only get one ticket per membership, unlike us.

43 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

there are no public sales on either. they were supposed to start at 1pm. no comment yet on when club member sales will recommence or when public sales will commence.

out of control

the other annoying issue is that when you do get in you are subject to a countdown timeout and whilst searching every location for ticket availability you inevitably timeout. Then when (if) you get back on you have to repeat all the input boxes.

surely you should be able to log on a few days earlier and do a pro-forma application. i.e. get all your details in (members barcode, credit card details, ticket number/type requirements, a list of ticket preferences by location/category and other miscellaneous  details) which are then saved for you. Then when the allocated time comes, simply login, retrieve saved data and it presents you with a list of available (really available) seats by your ticket preferences then you just click on the one that suits you. all done. this reduces the countdown timer problem, reduces data errors and clears the waiting queues for those not logged in

i really worry about the quality of it systems analysis these days. too much emphasis on fancy graphics and marketing, too little on system efficiency 

Being GC based and I have a recruited a small tribe of QLD lads to come down and support the boys this is really frustrating. I am not inclined to book flights & accom until I know I have these tickets... 

Absolute balls up by the AFL and Ticketec today. 

2 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Being GC based and I have a recruited a small tribe of QLD lads to come down and support the boys this is really frustrating. I am not inclined to book flights & accom until I know I have these tickets... 

Absolute balls up by the AFL and Ticketec today. 

and ticketek have form, gcd

problem is there is really only a choice of 2 ticket agencies for large events and both are lacking

16 minutes ago, Dockett 32 said:

Yep  correct.

According to recorded message from the MCC all visitors seats and reserved seats sold out.

Was looking for one visitor seat for young family member. Was on at 12.01 followed guidelines, just unable to get through.

I too will join the scramble before the gates open.

I was on from 11.50 trying to get through also. An absolute farce. I'm hoping somehow they didn't all sellout and it was just a stuff up on Ticketek.. I haven't spoken to anyone who was able to get reserved seats.

9 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Cats members could only get one ticket per membership, unlike us.

As it should be. don't need extra police resources dedicated to dealing with Geelong supporters 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, demon191919 said:

I was on from 11.50 trying to get through also. An absolute farce. I'm hoping somehow they didn't all sellout and it was just a stuff up on Ticketek.. I haven't spoken to anyone who was able to get reserved seats.

Maybe scalpers bought them all somehow?

Everyone with a guaranteed final ticket membership will be able to get a ticket, there is an allocation of tickets per club (hence why Geelong members could only get 1 ticket per member), so it does not matter if Geelong members all got tickets. The allocation for Melbourne members remains the same. Don't worry about that. 

Now just waiting to hear when the pre-sale will begin again. I'm not leaving work and my computer until I hear something.

What a bloody joke this is. You'd think it's the first time finals tickets have ever gone on sale. 

1 minute ago, Jaded said:

Everyone with a guaranteed final ticket membership will be able to get a ticket, there is an allocation of tickets per club (hence why Geelong members could only get 1 ticket per member), so it does not matter if Geelong members all got tickets. The allocation for Melbourne members remains the same. Don't worry about that. 

Now just waiting to hear when the pre-sale will begin again. I'm not leaving work and my computer until I hear something.

What a bloody joke this is. You'd think it's the first time finals tickets have ever gone on sale. 

Ticketek have a perfect record Jaded the have failure every year.

• Like 1