If we lose to Freo....

McQueen

.... then it may just be the last game I watch this year. No Sandilands and Fyfe, Stephen Hill milestone game with his brother Brad returning after his misdemeanour and the game being in Darwin, all presents itself (somehow weirdly) as a recipe for Deesaster. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we choke again given the pressure on the club to perform.

Forward lines and back lines are all over the shop and our mids are out of gas with 8 weeks left in the season. If we can't get things to click this weekend, the season is down the gurgler.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Frustrated Demon said:

It will be Game, Set & Match. Thank you linesman and thank you ball boys. Game over

Champion Data have us finishing 6th after 15 rounds. So that must include a win against Freo.

But then again they nominated Petracca as an elite player in rankings at start of season, alomng with Lever (correct) Hunt (?) and TMac (tick)

And nominated Gawn and Oliver as " above average" !

• Like 1

The self satisfied comments from Jones after the bulldogs game and saying the players were looking forward to a rest after 6 wins on the trot says it all. Sunday might be the ideal time to start thinking about being out of the country in September 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, america de cali said:

The self satisfied comments from Jones after the bulldogs game and saying the players were looking forward to a rest after 6 wins on the trot says it all.

He always makes stupid comments like that.

Should be kept away from microphones and cameras at all costs.

None of us are going to toss it in now we're all too addicted to our beloved by frustrating as hell footy team....lets be honest you would have tossed it in years ago if a disappointing loss was enough to trigger you!

• Love 2

if we lose - season over. ill vent for a while then lose interest

If we win - even by 80 pts, ill be asking where was this last week.

if we beat freo then dogs, ill get sucked back in a little and be ripe for the next disappointment

Good times!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

if we lose - season over. ill vent for a while then lose interest

If we win - even by 80 pts, ill be asking where was this last week.

if we beat freo then dogs, ill get sucked back in a little and be ripe for the next disappointment

Good times!!

I charted a flight over Hawaii last week and threw my lid deep into My Kilauea, where it was instantaneously consumed in a fiery death deep in the bowels of the lava flow, never to return.

Should the MFC somehow miraculously conjure a finals appearance in the next 5 years I might just commission an expert volcano diving expedition to try and recover the molten remains and fashion them into a Viking helmet to be donned during the finals campaign. Does anyone know an expert blacksmith capable of working with a metal and igneous rock formation?

All this was in preparation for a near inevitable loss this week. I better login to Wife's online betting account and see how many $ she has stashed away from endlessly backing Winx.

Edited by timbo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, timbo said:

I charted a flight over Hawaii last week and threw my lid deep into My Kilauea, where it was instantaneously consumed in a fiery death deep in the bowels of the lava flow, never to return.

Should the MFC somehow miraculously conjure a finals appearance in the next 5 years I might just commission an expert volcano diving expedition to try and recover the molten remains and fashion them into a Viking helmet to be donned during the finals campaign. Does anyone know an expert blacksmith capable of working with a metal and igneous rock formation?

All this was in preparation for a near inevitable loss this week. I better login to Wife's online betting account and see how many $ she has stashed away from endlessly backing Winx.

Mt Doom.

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Darwin has been so good to us. 

I wonder how many Memberships have been generated through our heroic deeds up there in the humidity?

45 maybe?

I posted in the other thread (I can't recall which due to my terrible promiscuity - sorry) about the weather at approx 7.10 CST there.

Low RH, low heat index, light onshore wind, temp > dew point, temp approx 22, mid winter, low chance of precip.

Has anyone who is in Darwin or has been, in these conditions, able to comment on the on ground conditions? Sounds pretty good to me.

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Darwin has been so good to us. 

I wonder how many Memberships have been generated through our heroic deeds up there in the humidity?

45 maybe?

Watching the NT games on TV, the loudest cheers are always for the opposition. In case of a WA or SA team it sound just like home ground support for them.

• Like 2

If we lose to Freo it’s season over.

And then I want to know what the implications are of missing the finals 2 years in a row, especially after being 8-3 this year.

Head coach sacked?

New president?

At the very least they can punt that assistant coach that wore his Richmond scarf to every final last year, and was seen actively supporting a rival club.

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Watching the NT games on TV, the loudest cheers are always for the opposition. In case of a WA or SA team it sound just like home ground support for them.

Of course. This was the last “deal” on the AFL Table, you wouldn’t choose it. 

This better be the last one

47 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Dees by 20 goals. Freo won't score, Petty to take 22 intercept marks, Trac to have 47 disposals, Hogan to kick 11 goals. 

If we lose to Freo....

....I’ll be amazed if Wiseblood identifies any positives in his post match discussion. ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, McQueen said:

If we lose to Freo....

....I’ll be amazed if Wiseblood identifies any positives in his post match discussion. ?

That was the first thing i thought when you began this thread!

Classic..... he will

5 minutes ago, McQueen said:

If we lose to Freo....

I struggled this week, mate. If we roll over against Freo I don't think I'll be able to pull anything positive out of the bag! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

And if we win you'll find something negative. 

Swings and roundabouts and all that... 

Negatives after a win??

No i wouldn’t think that at all

You are a very sick man

Winners make finals and the the MCG is full of expectation ..

• Haha 1