Is Jeffy Garlett just trade bait now?

7 hours ago, demoniac said:

Did work more up the ground than I remember him doing at AFL level. Must be a chance to come in. Would improve our forward line pressure which is generally lacking.

He had 7 possessions, that’s not going to get it done

Id be very surprised to see ol Jeffy in the Red and Blue of a Melbourne jumper again...save, go forbid massive injuries to the list.

His wayvback is limited..he has others to climb over....his isn't a style in favour with some of the FD

I think hell be seeking more footy elsewhere. 

Thatd be a  shame. His is an instinctive type of footy...love watching it. Current FD want to play a brand employing spartan stormtroopers. Thats not Jeffy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Id be very surprised to see ol Jeffy in the Red and Blue of a Melbourne jumper again...save, go forbid massive injuries to the list.

His wayvback is limited..he has others to climb over....his isn't a style in favour with some of the FD

Thatd be a  shame. His is an instinctive type of footy...love watching it. Current FD want to play a brand employing spartan stormtroopers. Thats not Jeffy

Unfortunately the stormtroopers also think they are saturation bombers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beelzebub said:

He may get a cameo game here or there, but I am doubtful he'll be a regular again. especially with the flooded forward-lines.

He would be handy if the flood was reduced and more space opened up.

But he is still one dimensional.

Just now, DV8 said:

But he is still one dimensional.

Ironic perhaps as i think our game is one dimensional. Arguably a different one to Jeffy's 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Ironic perhaps as i think our game is one dimensional. Arguably a different one to Jeffy's 

Don't know what you mean about the game, because we can run at any point on the compass on 2 dimensions, and we can jump as well to take the ball so there's 3.

Jeffy just doesn't have the extra's, of real tackling, and real pressure to bulldog players down, inside F/half.

Either he doesn't have those things or he doesn't wNt to.  Either way, he's a liability when he's not getting the ball.

He also goes hot and cold.  Goes missing for games at a time.   So the consistency of value to the team is down.

Somehow I can imagine him in a saints jumper?

Spargo and Tim Smith in first. 

But with Jeff it's getting to the stage where you just throw him back in and see what happens. 7 tackles is better. Although watching the second half of Casey there were numerous times Garlett was afraid to go get the ball and skipped over it or meekly flung an arm out.

Team mates lose faith in guys who don't go when it's their turn and that's not what we need right now even if the speed would help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Spargo and Tim Smith in first. 

But with Jeff it's getting to the stage where you just throw him back in and see what happens. 7 tackles is better. Although watching the second half of Casey there were numerous times Garlett was afraid to go get the ball and skipped over it or meekly flung an arm out.

Team mates lose faith in guys who don't go when it's their turn and that's not what we need right now even if the speed would help.

If ever there was a game he should play, it's in Darwin at night, in the greasy humidity, that's when we need the Will'o'theWisp.

So they should to.  It's like a cancer in a club.   "He doesn't, and gets away with it,,, so I can do that as well, and get away with it". 

Club Values, values, values.

Goody is doing, (or the footy dept' are doing), the right things.

Edited by DV8

10 hours ago, DV8 said:

Club Values, values, values.

Goody is doing, (or the footy dept' are doing), the right things.

What are the values? Are they written down anywhere? I would like to see them. Not only so I am across them but to verify if the players lived up to them this week.

I am curious to know how the values are reinforced. i.e. if not lived up to....what remediation is in place.

Jeffy didn't get any love from Goodwin in his press conf yesterday when asked about possible ins next week.

Can someone please remind me what he did wrong to get dropped?  He was on track for a 45-50 goal season, had good tackle numbers and reasonable clearances numbers when asked to play midfield.  And, last hear he was in the top 3 small forwards for forward pressure. 

He is our most dangerous small forward, has footy smarts and the experience to go with them.  So I don't get the lack of love.  Are our players with flair and talent who can impact a game being overlooked for the solid citizens? 

His possessions weren't high but a small forward is never going to get a lot of the ball (either at AFL or VFL) so if that is what everyone is waiting for, then he may never get back.  As noted above his other 2016/17 stats and form showed he was tracking well, given that we lost most of the 2017 games he played in so he wasn't the only one down on form.

I hope the coaches aren't trying to make him another vanilla hybrid-forward/mid. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, timbo said:

What are the values? Are they written down anywhere? I would like to see them. Not only so I am across them but to verify if the players lived up to them this week.

I am curious to know how the values are reinforced. i.e. if not lived up to....what remediation is in place.

the value's are, you do whats is required, within what the team thinks acceptable. 

You Don't put in short steps, to miss the contest.

You do tackle willingly.

You do fly the team flag.

You don't do things that bring the teams efforts undone.

You do the defensive side of the game, when WE don't have the ball.

You do run to spread.

You do commit to mark off the ground when its yours to go.

You don put the head over the footy being prepared to wear the hits.

You do give every effort within your body.

You do Not squib it.

need I go on?

14 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Jeffy didn't get any love from Goodwin in his press conf yesterday when asked about possible ins next week.

Can someone please remind me what he did wrong to get dropped?  He was on track for a 45-50 goal season, had good tackle numbers and reasonable clearances numbers when asked to play midfield.  And, last hear he was in the top 3 small forwards for forward pressure. 

He is our most dangerous small forward, has footy smarts and the experience to go with them.  So I don't get the lack of love.  Are our players with flair and talent who can impact a game being overlooked for the solid citizens? 

His possessions weren't high but a small forward is never going to get a lot of the ball (either at AFL or VFL) so if that is what everyone is waiting for, then he may never get back.  As noted above his other 2016/17 stats and form showed he was tracking well, given that we lost most of the 2017 games he played in so he wasn't the only one down on form.

I hope the coaches aren't trying to make him another vanilla hybrid-forward/mid. 

Were you for or against Watts going last year, LH ?

If the coaching staff are waiting for Jeffy to tear a VFL game apart on those wind swept, pocket sized grounds then they may as well move him on. Jeffy is a class player who warrants a good defender. Really can’t see what you lose by playing him.

Edited by Tough Kent
  • Like 4