Petracca wants to start in the guts.

Demonland

Petracca

Oliver

Brayshaw

Viney

Imagine these 4 in full flight, being fed by Gawn.

The next few years are our best chance in my lifetime to be feared again.

Beasts.

• Like 10

He has a really good mix of the attributes you want in a player - he clearly works hard and puts in on the training track, and he has the swagger and confidence to go with it that screams 'I'm better than you, and if you give me a moment, I'll show you why'.

I hope we go with Gawn, Oliver, Petracca and Jones in the guts on Sunday.  We can smash those buggers into the turf from the moment the ball is bounced.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Petracca starting in the Guts and going down Forward and believe me no rest for the wicked. This kid is is going to the next level . The season cannot come quick enough. Rip them apart Petrac.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

I personally think we’re going to need him to play default chf if t mac is missing 

I agree. If Hogan struggles or gets double teamed, Petracca is the other strong body who can clunk a mark up forward. We have enough midfield depth to cover his temporary loss there.

10 minutes ago, olisik said:

Am I the only one who thinks Petracca looks slow at times?

Perhaps he's just a larger mass, so objects appear to be moving past him slower, than with other players. Sort of like when a supernova explodes, it engulfs the entire solar system at a fast rate, but from a distance it looks slow :laugh:

Edited by Doodle Dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigFez said:

Has anyone seen him close up in person?  I haven't, I'd love to know how big he looks up close.

I have a photo of myself and my daughter at the Family Day with Petracca however I dare not post it lest your screen explode from the awesomeness. 

I will say that he appears to have found a good balance in size for his height and I expect him to break some games wide open this season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, olisik said:

Slow when compared to the Abletts, Dangerfields, Martins, Judd’s ect

You're embarrassing yourself.  For his size his speed and agility is exceptional.

What do you watch ?

Dangerfield is the fastest player in the AFL.  He makes Hunt look slow.  Hunt can't match Jordan Murdoch and Dangerfield makes Murdoch look pedestrian in half-time GF sprints.

Judd's speed was also elite.

Martin's speed was one of his elite traits in his draft year.  He ran 2.89 seconds for the 20 metre sprint. 

Ablett's speed is good, but not in the class of the above.

3 seconds or less for the 20 metre sprint puts you in the top 20% at draft combine.  Petracca ran 3 seconds flat, which for his build is exceptional and he'd be quicker now having been in the AFL system for years.

Some comments on Petracca pre-draft (different links):

"When he goes forward, he proves to be an extremely difficult match-up: he's strong on the lead and tricky at ground level. His quick thinking in tight spaces is elite, and he also has leg speed to get out of trouble or hunt down opponents."

"Despite carrying much more weight than most midfielders his age he has elite agility and evasion with an excellent sprint."

Christian Petracca has just completed the 20 metre sprint! The result: 3 seconds flat. #AFLCombine

• Like 5

Judd and Danger both have/had explosive breakaway pace mixed with an excellent top speed. Ablett is definitely very quick. 

He isn't as quick as them but there is no way you could say he is slow. He has good acceleration and good pace without being great. He doesn't need to be. He is stronger over the ball than most and uses his strength to his advantage. He has super quick reflexes and is 'clean' with his ball handling. He rarely fumbles. The stats sheet never tells the true story with Track as most of the time he does the right thing with his possessions and sometimes something special that others can't consistently do. Once his tank is bigger and he starts getting more of it he has the potential to become a star of the game (something we haven't had since Flower). 

Will it be this year? Possibly. Sit back and enjoy the show!

Slow? You're dreaming pal.

Edited by BAMF
  • Like 3

Look at that acceleration, not to mention the finish.  If he doesn't become the best player in the comp and one of the greats of the modern era it should be considered a failure.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

I personally think we’re going to need him to play default chf if t mac is missing 

I don't mind that, if we go small up front.  If Petracca was in a Giles mold, then we could fit ANB on the f/flank.

Hogan rotating, R/R & CHF with Petracca.

Edited by DV8

2 hours ago, olisik said:

Am I the only one who thinks Petracca looks slow at times?

Not alone Olisik.  I also think there are times that he is too stationary, looking for options, trying to do to much with it, holding onto the footy for too long and gets caught.  But I think we just have to cop that every now and then, as I think it happens to all players, even the best of them and Trac has the ability that most times he uses he uses it well or better than most with his vision and ability to hit up players in good positions.

It's also something about the way he moves in those situations where he looks like he is just walking around players, looking like he'll get caught, but often evading them.  Brett Lovett use to be a bit the same, but I think Trac has definitely got better leg speed.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1