Welcome to Demonland: Jake Lever

2 hours ago, Wrecked Owl Dees Function said:

As in, we need to replace garland with a defender who is depth at another club. (Not Dawson, but somone that will come cheap)

We've probably already done that with Kielty.

Dont know what all the fuss is about. He is going to be a Demon. Redleg hit the nail on the head, Adelaide are struggling to sign their top end young talent. However, that has not hurt their on-field performance so they have no need to change their pay structures.

Welcome to the Demons Jake Lever.    

• Like 3

On 17/08/2017 at 2:00 PM, hardtack said:

In his time at the club, Salem has played just 45 games in total and this year had been averaging a tad over 21 disposals per game, which is not so bad. He has been cruelled by injury and illness.  Yes, he might not be elite (although as someone stated, his kicking is), but he is certainly a cut above numerous others on the list, and with a good run free of injury/illness and another preseason under the belt, he will start to show the class that got him drafted by the club.

You had him traded earlier this week based purely on what a few people had overstated regarding his being reported on Saturday - if you had actually been at the game and had seen the incident first hand (there was no available footage at the time you made your comments), then your comments may have at least had some validity... but instead, your judgement on that occasion was indeed clouded..

No i did not have him traded. 

I am interested in his trade value

Big Difference 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No i did not have him traded. 

I am interested in his trade value

Big Difference 

I beg to differ SWYL. The tone of your post was suggesting that he should be traded. It really wasn't hard to read between the lines given your "dog act" statement based on no actual actual vision of the incident having been seen by yourself.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Hope Oscar is watching Lever tonight.

He's giving a masterclass in effective spoiling.

Take note. 

He's also made a few mistakes tonight...

Would love him with Oscar and Tom down back though.

One of the missing pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Hope Oscar is watching Lever tonight.

He's giving a masterclass in effective spoiling.

Take note. 

Perhaps he could also school him on taking a man on in his back half, getting done for dropping the ball 40 meters out and then compounding his error (after his man missed the goal) giving away a silly 50 and giving up a gimme goal.

How much did they lose by? Oh that's right 3 points. 

Just imagine the response from some  if the whipping boy had made those errors and cost us a game?  

Edited by binman
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, hardtack said:

I beg to differ SWYL. The tone of your post was suggesting that he should be traded. It really wasn't hard to read between the lines given your "dog act" statement based on no actual actual vision of the incident having been seen by yourself.

You can beg to differ all you like. 

A player was left on the ground out cold

I would be interested to know what Salem's trade value is. At this point he is on our list with talent, but we haven't got great value out of him yet have we. 

I standby what i say. I don't like being missquoted 

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You can beg to differ all you like. 

A player was left on the ground out cold

I would be interested to know what Salem's trade value is. At this point he is on our list with talent, but we haven't got great value out of him yet have we. 

I standby what i say. I don't like being missquoted 

You did make those comments without seeing the incident. Just sayin...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not denying that at all. 

I just do not like being missquoted

trade value is not the same as being traded

I stated clearly why I thought we probably hadn't got a great return from him yet... injuries and illness cruelling his chances. 

You however called an act that you had not even seen, a "dog act" and then went on to say that "he is a liability with some talent" and then in your next sentence query what his trade value may be. 

As I had not used quotation marks, I was obviously not quoting you (and hence not misquoting), but rather I was making what I would have thought was a reasonable extrapolation on your critique.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 11:02 AM, DaveyDee said:

Dont know what all the fuss is about. He is going to be a Demon. Redleg hit the nail on the head, Adelaide are struggling to sign their top end young talent. However, that has not hurt their on-field performance so they have no need to change their pay structures.

Welcome to the Demons Jake Lever.    

Would have thought a fair bit of water has to go under the bridge first:

He has to leave Adelaide.

He has to select us as his new club.

We have to do a deal with the Crows.

1 hour ago, hardtack said:

I stated clearly why I thought we probably hadn't got a great return from him yet... injuries and illness cruelling his chances. 

You however called an act that you had not even seen, a "dog act" and then went on to say that "he is a liability with some talent" and then in your next sentence query what his trade value may be. 

As I had not used quotation marks, I was obviously not quoting you (and hence not misquoting), but rather I was making what I would have thought was a reasonable extrapolation on your critique.

That's right. I queryed his trade value. 

Nothing more and nothing less....

I know he would be a 10 year player but I hope he can bring a lot more than he did on Friday as if he comes to us he will cost us an arm and a leg, with ANB resigning im not sure what we would trade other than picks, frost is probably the only uncontracted player we have with any value