Kobe Farmer

Grapeviney

40 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

so he's currently training with us; presumably on school holidaze visiting the old man?

Wow I am getting old and losing it. I was certain he had chosen freo already, was picked up last year and had been on their list for a full season. 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:11 PM, Lord Travis said:

If he’s good enough to make AFL, he’s going to Freo. All the developments last year posted in this thread show he’s not coming to us. He already trains with them as part of their academy. He’s a Freo supporter. Nat Fyfe is his idol. He lives in WA with his family. His mother is a Freo supporter, has has health issues, and doesn’t travel to Melbourne anymore for health reasons. When Jeff was interviewed last year, he said he hopes Kobe plays for Freo and can wear his number 33.

Regardless, he missed the U18 WA team and is speculative at this point.  The only way he’s coming to us is if he’s not good enough to be drafted and we grab him for nothing, in which case he’s not good enough so why bother.

Jet Juniors can into Turkeys ala Toumpas and a lot of guys can make it later. Personally I'd love to have Jeff's son in the Red and Blue. I'd give the kid a go regardless of where he's at. As long as he wants to be in Victoria, and donning the Red and Blue. 

34 minutes ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

Jet Juniors can into Turkeys ala Toumpas and a lot of guys can make it later. Personally I'd love to have Jeff's son in the Red and Blue. I'd give the kid a go regardless of where he's at. As long as he wants to be in Victoria, and donning the Red and Blue. 

It would be great to have the Farmer name on the list again. But he has to have the talent. I’m not interested in the romance just for the sake of it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

So his draft year is this year I take it? Always thought it was next year? The date of birth listed says he's 18 so makes sense if it's this year...

Yes if that age is correct he will be in this draft

But he hasn't had a single mention anywhere in the media or any phantom drafts, so I bet that DOB is incorrect

Might be way off, but something seems a little secretive here. I think the club took down a photo on its socials and it's pre-season training article from the website that had him in it, could have sworn it was him. Now it appears he's nominated for the draft and no media has picked it up either...

13 minutes ago, whelan45 said:

So his draft year is this year I take it? Always thought it was next year? The date of birth listed says he's 18 so makes sense if it's this year...

Yeah I think you are correct, for some reason I actually thought he had another year left to be drafted.

My mistake

He's definitely nominated, but probably hasn't got much press because he's not seen as a potential main draft pick, I'm wondering if we might nominate and hope there's no bids and he falls through to the rookie draft. Or if they were giving him one last chance, otherwise he'll probably play colts again in the WAFL and try again next year. 

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

He's listed Melbourne as his current location. 

IF      Kobe Farmer is currently in Melbourne training with the Demons with the draft just three days away...

THEN     You can lock it in that he will be drafted to the club his father 'The Wiz' is still revered at and played in a Grand Final for

YrkVRhw.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

IF      Kobe Farmer is currently in Melbourne training with the Demons with the draft just three days away...

THEN     You can lock it in that he will be drafted to the club his father 'The Wiz' is still revered at and played in a Grand Final for

YrkVRhw.png

What if he isn't AFL standard, do we still LOCK him in?

This video clip says he's eligible in 2021... It says it in the last 5 seconds after saying he wants to wear a Freo jumper! 

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/232457/we-are-looking-for-consistency-lyon?videoId=232457&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1563329147001

27 minutes ago, The Lobster Effect said:

This video clip says he's eligible in 2021... It says it in the last 5 seconds after saying he wants to wear a Freo jumper! 

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/232457/we-are-looking-for-consistency-lyon?videoId=232457&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1563329147001

He's listed in Herald Sun's list of players entered into this years draft. As he is 18, he may be eligible for this year. The above article was from 2 years ago and Freo may have told him they wouldn't take him.

Edited by AshleyH30

35 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

He's listed in Herald Sun's list of players entered into this years draft. As he is 18, he may be eligible for this year. The above article was from 2 years ago and Freo may have told him they wouldn't take him.

Freo also have at least 2 academy players who they'll take, and 1 is a small forward (Joel Western) so maybe Farmer just isn't a need for them? 

• Like 1