Jump to content

Nominations for the new Richmond Board


pineapple dee

Recommended Posts

On 9/5/2016 at 4:45 PM, rjay said:

250k over 5 years ($1mill) is a lot of money to turn down 'Abe', particularly in a career that could end with 1 injury or accident.

I understand completely where you're coming from Rjay, but i guess the question is going to be, is that 1 mil worth giving up a chance at a flag or consistent finals? reckon Pav or Roo would trade 1 mil for a flag?

it's just my opinion but if he went to Melbourne or Hawthorn he'd be playing in a finals side, and a genuine chance of playing in a premiership before he retires, that in itself would have to be a big carrot, and you could pretty confidently say Richmond are a little way off a flag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

The inference to be made, therefore, is that Prestia is an incomplete one.

Prestia is injury prone. He maybe just money motivated like Mitch Clark. Goddard was chasing Glory and walked out on his "mates"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Abe said:

I understand completely where you're coming from Rjay, but i guess the question is going to be, is that 1 mil worth giving up a chance at a flag or consistent finals? reckon Pav or Roo would trade 1 mil for a flag?

it's just my opinion but if he went to Melbourne or Hawthorn he'd be playing in a finals side, and a genuine chance of playing in a premiership before he retires, that in itself would have to be a big carrot, and you could pretty confidently say Richmond are a little way off a flag.

Abe I think you are under valuing the Money angle and he might think the MFC's chance of a flag is still a long way off and the Hawks have started to fall.

He may also have a better idea on how his legs really are than most.

I doubt anyone would give up $1miilion for a flag.

That is just the view from our side of the fence IMO.

Edited by old dee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2016 at 5:02 PM, old dee said:

Abe I think you are under valuing the Money angle and he might thing the MFC's chance of a flag is still a long way off and the Hawks have started to fall.

He may also have a better idea on how his legs really are than most.

I doubt anyone would give up $1miilion for a flag.

That is just the view from our side of the fence IMO.

Yeah, i guess it's one of those things that would be a case by case basis, i fully understand the angle of a huge long term contract for an injury prone player being hard to knock back, look at Mitch Clark, he got what 4-5 million dollars for about 20 games over a 6 year period 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Abe said:

I understand completely where you're coming from Rjay, but i guess the question is going to be, is that 1 mil worth giving up a chance at a flag or consistent finals? reckon Pav or Roo would trade 1 mil for a flag?

it's just my opinion but if he went to Melbourne or Hawthorn he'd be playing in a finals side, and a genuine chance of playing in a premiership before he retires, that in itself would have to be a big carrot, and you could pretty confidently say Richmond are a little way off a flag.

Depends how injured he is. It may be entirely financial

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Prestia is injury prone. He maybe just money motivated like Mitch Clark. Goddard was chasing Glory and walked out on his "mates"

If you think your legs have 2-3 years then a big salary and a 5 year deal would be very attractive

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Abe said:

Yeah, i guess it's one of those things that would be a case by case basis, i fully understand the angle of a huge long term contract for an injury prone player being hard to knock back, look at Mitch Clark, he got what 4-5 million dollars for about 20 games over a 6 year period 

 

Yep I reckon that would depress me too!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was going to nominate SWYL for a position on the Richmond Board, he has spent the last few years righting all the wrongs of his nemisis Cam Schwab on here, the experience he has gained would stand him in good stead to knock over Megan's brother

Maybe you should put your hand up Saty, as you seem to be the font of all wisdom.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was going to nominate SWYL for a position on the Richmond Board, he has spent the last few years righting all the wrongs of his nemisis Cam Schwab on here, the experience he has gained would stand him in good stead to knock over Megan's brother

Hahaha that is just so funny Satyr. 

You are just the ultimate Gag man

CS is another ego driven Tool, but i am sure you will find a counter point...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Quite telling - a table from the Rich Board challengers on botched recruiting:

The team.

 

Surely they're not trying that on?

That's a parlour game for bored supporters in the off season.

Yes, they may have ballsed up their recruiting. But to suggest the above is a possible game day lineup ... tell 'em they're dreaming!

Every club can groan about "the ones that got away". (Except maybe GCS/GWS where they had a bigger net than everyone else.)

Is this an example of the constructive thinking that this new board is going to indulge in?

Might as well put on a hair shirt and whip yourself with thorns for all the good it does.

There is no backwards. There is only forwards.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ted Fidge said:

Surely they're not trying that on?

That's a parlour game for bored supporters in the off season.

Yes, they may have ballsed up their recruiting. But to suggest the above is a possible game day lineup ... tell 'em they're dreaming!

Every club can groan about "the ones that got away". (Except maybe GCS/GWS where they had a bigger net than everyone else.)

Is this an example of the constructive thinking that this new board is going to indulge in?

Might as well put on a hair shirt and whip yourself with thorns for all the good it does.

There is no backwards. There is only forwards.

Completely agree TF. It's a cheap trick, unfortunately one that Richmond members will fall for. It appears things are going to get much worse at Toigerland before they get better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hahaha that is just so funny Satyr. 

You are just the ultimate Gag man

CS is another ego driven Tool, but i am sure you will find a counter point...

Counterpoint   I thought you were going to burst into song there SWYL, not a very harmonious atmosphere at the old Punt Road Oval at the moment, best line "35 years into a 5 year plan"  give that man a gig at the Comedy Festival

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Counterpoint   I thought you were going to burst into song there SWYL, not a very harmonious atmosphere at the old Punt Road Oval at the moment, best line "35 years into a 5 year plan"  give that man a gig at the Comedy Festival

I have no idea what that post is about. 

You switched Meds today Satyr??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have no idea what that post is about. 

You switched Meds today Satyr??

Sorry SWYl, forgot what I type is usually not music to your ears

"In music, counterpoint is the relationship between voices that are harmonically interdependent (polyphony) yet independent in rhythm and contour. It has been most commonly identified in classical music, strongly developing during the Renaissance and in much of the common practice period, especially in Baroque music"

I am more pleased that it is off season, and all we (MFC) get is feel good stories such as Nev, shows we have moved forward...although a bit disappointed that the topic only got 6 replies

 

Edited by Satyriconhome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Sorry SWYl, forgot what I type is usually not music to your ears

"In music, counterpoint is the relationship between voices that are harmonically interdependent (polyphony) yet independent in rhythm and contour. It has been most commonly identified in classical music, strongly developing during the Renaissance and in much of the common practice period, especially in Baroque music"

I am more pleased that it is off season, and all we (MFC) get is feel good stories such as Nev, shows we have moved forward...although a bit disappointed that the topic only got 6 replies

 

Wow. You really are out there today....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 191

    PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 36

    VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

    POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

    GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

    BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

    In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

    CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...