Delistings

junk

Thanks and best wishes from me.

Saddened by Grimes in particular. Terrible way for an ex-captain to go out.

But at the end of the day we barrack for the team and they are but soldiers. That is the football world we live in.

• Like 6

Sad to see Grimes end his career with us that way, he just couldn't get his decision making and disposal right and the number of times he kicked it out of bounds on the full was infuriating. He played 100 games for the club he grew up supporting so that's got to be the dream of any kid growing up.

He was dreadful in the Casey GF and that wouldn't have helped but I reckon his cards were marked before then anyway.

All the best Jack and hope you get a gig elsewhere.

• Like 3

All three should be proud of what they achieved in the Red & Blue. Grimesy gave his all and loves the club. Matt & Dean worked their ass of to get a shot as mature pick ups, all three of them finished in top 5 of the B&F. well done lads.

• Like 3

Yeah I feel for Jack, surprised they didn't even attempt a trade. A sad end to his career with us.

I guess it shows you what his currency is out there in the marketplace. Hope someone else gives you a shot!

All the best to all 3

• Like 1

I really hope Grimes gets to keep playing, would be thrilled for the family if he gets the chance to run out alongside his brother at Richmond.

that said, can't say I am surprised at these delistings.  Thanks for you contribution to the club Matt, Dean and in particular Jack.

6 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

Yeah I feel for Jack, surprised they didn't even attempt a trade. A sad end to his career with us.

I guess it shows you what his currency is out there in the marketplace. Hope someone else gives you a shot!

All the best to all 3

He is still with us till Oct 31 officially, so like Fitzy a club can give us a 4th or 5th round pick, should they choose, gives Jack the opportunity to talk to everybody.....whoops he is a free agent....forgot

Edited by Satyriconhome
DavidNeitz9 is correct
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

All the best to all 3

He's a free agent

Will just add as a sponsor of Jack for a few years, he gave his all for the club and is a really nice bloke. 

Wish him well for the future in footy and for his life in general. 

Thanks to Matt and Dean for their contribution as well and good luck for the future. 

• Like 10

Surprised to see Jones go in the first pass. I thought he had a case for one more season, and probably would have played games next season, but I guess that's (rightly) not where the bar is set.

No surprises with Grimes, but it still gives me a stab of grief now that it's official. A player who gave his all the MFC during the toughest of times. I hope the note he leaves on is not too sour and he can continue to be a Melbourne man after footy.

Thanks to all three for their contributions.

• Like 18

Three guys that tried their hearts out for the club.  No surprises with Terlich and even Grimes; am a little surprised that Jones went as he seemed to be in the selectors top 26 or so players for most of the year.  

This is, I suppose, the price you pay for an improving list; you lose some guys who gave their all during some very tough years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I actually feel sick in the guts for Grimsey

I had hoped he would rebound, a quality person who did everything the club asked of him. Loyal and clearly respected by his teammates. I wish him every success.

• Like 2

I'm surprised Terls got the flick.He was just coming good!!

Matty Jones just lacks size but tried hard.The squirrel move was his undoing .

Jack Grimes might get picked up with any luck.A tough career getting smashed in a poor era , he stood up for us , especially when he was younger.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Does delisting mean anything to FA status, as far as a club getting compensation?

I think so Redleg, i don't think you get compensation for a delisted free agent. The article does say we have advised them we will not be offering contracts next season, whether they have been officially delisted yet, i'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Does delisting mean anything to FA status, as far as a club getting compensation?

Yes, it means no compensation. Wouldn't have got any anyway most likely as I doubt Grimes will be on a very big contract if he gets picked up - very long shot anyway IMO.

Unless you were worried about compo for Terls :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.