MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 17

Demonland

1 hour ago, JV7 said:

Think Stretch is due for a rest & although he looked promising I dont tnink there is a spot for White this week & against a quick side like St.Kilda he unfortunately misses for mine.. I would ideally like 3 changes on the back of Darwin but cant see anyone else being dropped

In: Bugg, Brayshaw

Out: White, Stretch

No chance White will miss, he was very good last week

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Brayshaw and Tracs first game together?

I would not have played Brayshaw again this year!! But what would I know! Only 3 or is it 4 Concusions?? Nar no risk at all!

Oscar Mc Donald ?? No Chance! Im expecting Saints to expose us yet again!

Where is Clarry Choo Choo??

Edited by picket fence

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

IN. Brayshaw, Bugg and Wagner!! No Clarrie Choo Choo - picket will be devastated!

I must say regardless of the other ins and outs the omission of Oliver astounds me. Don't we need a clearance machine?  

• Like 3

White will get another game, they haven't brought anyone straight in and out again so far, hard to see them doing so here. He was decent.

Wagner there to cover for O'Mac, Bugg as general emergency, and Brayshaw into the ring as a choice between him, Kennedy and Stretch (needs a rest?).

In the washup, could be a no change, though if there was one to come in, perhaps Brayshaw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I must say regardless of the other ins and outs the omission of Oliver astounds me. Don't we need a clearance machine?  

Clearance machine? The last game Oliver played (against Sydney), he had one clearance - and 17 possessions. In fact, for 60% game time, it wasn't bad, but there's only so long we can carry (young) players who aren't yet ready to run out a full game. Sure, he's young, he'll learn, blah blah, but that's why he's back at Casey.

Patience. It's a building year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Clearance machine? The last game Oliver played (against Sydney), he had one clearance - and 17 possessions. In fact, for 60% game time, it wasn't bad, but there's only so long we can carry (young) players who aren't yet ready to run out a full game. Sure, he's young, he'll learn, blah blah, but that's why he's back at Casey.

Patience. It's a building year.

Then, if he is the only casualty of that game then I would have thought more should have been axed! 

Development year be buggered !!has been very good And needs to be played! Certainly considering the delicate state of Brayshaw, who, I don't care what anyone says he has had more than his fare share of hits! If I were his father, No way known would I be comfortable with him playing again this year! Just watch the Movie Concusion and you will see what I mean!

For some reason Sportsbet have us favourite @1.70 to 2.15

Very very interesting. Bookies know we are about to break a hoodoo?

BTW I think the ins for demons are good we have to play hard contested football and we will win

Pretty ordinary bench this week. A few blokes out of form, a couple who will be underdone, and a few who are just depth players. I think we are a short a genuine midfielder and a marking forward, and oversupplied for flankers.

On 7/13/2016 at 8:14 PM, monoccular said:

So....roof shut if raining (or threatening) or if sunny?  Only open if cloudy sans rain? Surely it would be in the AFL's character to just make up rules on the run!

I do find it amazing that technology that can send stuff to Jupiter (and 40+ years ago allegedly put man on the moon - sceptics beg to differ) and all other sorts of stuff cannot conceive something that can make adjustments to light and dark, sun and shade.  Amazing. 

Yes,something has been invented. It's called a retractable roof.

14 hours ago, Adzman said:

Hate the saints. They are like that girl at the bar that every mate gets on with, but when you try it on she shuts you down every time.

Time to close the deal dees.

Try using deodorant Adz.

• Like 4

A few stats for this week. Based on the full 25 man squad.

MFC          StKFC              Diff   
Average Age 23.1 24.7   -1.6  
Average Games 62.4 84.6   -22.2  

Back Line          
Ave Age 23.2 28.2   -5.0  
Ave Games 56.5 160.8   -104.3  

Fol (includes wing)          
Ave Age 24.5 24.0   0.5  
Ave Games 98.8 82.2   16.7  

Fwd          
Ave Age 22.0 22.0   0.0  
Ave Games 65.7 76.2   -10.5  

Int          
Ave Age 22.0 22.0   0.0  
Ave Games 33.3 28.6   4.7  

Melbourne          
Games     Backline               Fol           Fwd              Int          total
0-50 3 1 4 5 13
51-100 3 3 0 2 8
101-150 0 0 2 0 2
151-200 0 1 0 0 1
200+ 0 1 0 0 1
StKFC          
Games     Backline               Fol           Fwd              Int          total
0-50 0 2 4 5 11
51-100 2 2 1 2 7
101-150 1 2 0 0 3
151-200 1 0 0 0 1
200+ 2 0 1 0 3

MFC Back StKFC Fwd             Diff  
Age     23.2         22.0   1.2  
Games     56.5         76.2   -19.7  

MFC Fwd StKFCBack      
Age 22.0 28.2   -6.2  
Games 65.7 160.8   -95.2  

The closest we have been in terms of age and experience to our opponent in a while. We still come out about a year behind. Looking at their spine they only have one player younger than our oldest! I think our future look a fair bit brighter with the young talent we have, I am not so confident about knocking them over at Etihad. We should win by 6 goals for mine, but I think we may just scrape over the line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, picket fence said:

I would not have played Brayshaw again this year!! But what would I know! Only 3 or is it 4 Concusions?? Nar no risk at all!

Oscar Mc Donald ?? No Chance! Im expecting Saints to expose us yet again!

Where is Clarry Choo Choo??

I thought of you last week as Oscar was coming off thinking of the gleeful smile on your face. The fall from such happiness must have been hard when he was named this week. You may get what you want though as he may not get through training today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poita said:

Pretty ordinary bench this week. A few blokes out of form, a couple who will be underdone, and a few who are just depth players. I think we are a short a genuine midfielder and a marking forward, and oversupplied for flankers.

i get the feeling that some of those young flankers are slowly being developed in to part of the midfield rotation. I can especially see the likes of Hunt, Salem, Stretch, and maybe even Wagner ending up doing stints int eh middle in the next few years.

Only got to training towards the finish but did observe the centre circle huddle at the end in which Roos, Jones, Stretch, Brayshaw, Wagner and Bugg participated.  Using the head bowed / head up criteria (which I know won't be sufficiently robust for jnrmac and some others on here who demand irrefutable information sources unless, oddly enough, it's their own observation), Brayshaw is in and Stretch is out at a minimum.  I think Wagner may also get a guernsey but perhaps that's as an emergency in case Omac doesn't come up (looked to be moving freely in the brief window of training I observed, as did Vince).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Copuchas said:

Only got to training towards the finish but did observe the centre circle huddle at the end in which Roos, Jones, Stretch, Brayshaw, Wagner and Bugg participated.  Using the head bowed / head up criteria (which I know won't be sufficiently robust for jnrmac and some others on here who demand irrefutable information sources unless, oddly enough, it's their own observation), Brayshaw is in and Stretch is out at a minimum.  I think Wagner may also get a guernsey but perhaps that's as an emergency in case Omac doesn't come up (looked to be moving freely in the brief window of training I observed, as did Vince).

If true, Stretch unlucky as has not done a lot wrong. Would prefer him to Kennedy.

Just now, ArtificialWisdom said:

Agree, for a side that kills us on the outside every time I dont like the idea of dropping one of our best young outside runners.

This is a reservation for sure.

Stretch was very quiet last week so it makes some degree of sense, but as much as I'm in the Grimes camp, relying on him and M Jones as our outside runners is cause for some nerves. Stretch has that combination of speed and class which the others don't.

Gus is a good in though. Provided he can last a decent portion of the game.

• Like 1