Michael Hibberd and Michael Hurley

P-man

1 minute ago, Goodvibes said:

PJ doesn't say anything in public that hasn't been carefully considered. Without wanting to be labelled a conspiracy theory nong, I definitely believe PJ had a purpose for saying what he said.

PJ's fantastic but nobody's perfect. Seems a bit out of character to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

PJ's fantastic but nobody's perfect. Seems a bit out of character to me.

Yeah.

He was just answering a question he knew Roos had already answered. 

People read so much into nothing. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Really ?

Look at post #229 on this page, which is the post I was referencing smart guy. 

Thick. 

You referenced the 90s

Anyone with a modicom of understanding of Eagles history knows the dubious  doings and goings on were whilst Mr Pharmacy was coach.

You probably knew this too but just wanted a free swing.

Not your normal tenet.

Want to start getting narky ?

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

You referenced the 90s

Anyone with a modicom of understanding of Eagles history knows the dubious  doings and goings on were whilst Mr Pharmacy was coach.

Not your normal tenet.

No, there were many questioning the Eagles under Malthouse.

It was in that period that they grew from boys to men over one preseason...

• Like 1

Just now, rjay said:

No, there were many questioning the Eagles under Malthouse.

It was in that period that they grew from boys to men over one preseason...

The referencing of Woosha  and any pharmaceutical benefits generally refer to his reign as coach.

12 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Yeah.

Exactly, I don't think he spoke "out of character" as was suggested above but as a football dept we're very careful about what we say publically and we're very good at presenting a consistent message. For whatever reason, we want it to be known that we're keen on Hibberd. It's not a big deal but it is something this administration has never done during the season before and that's why some find it interesting.

I suspect we are a lot more interested in Hibberd if we can get him as a free agent, and our public comments are our first steps in acquiring him as a free agent.

ideally for both MFC and EFC the AFL will see a stouch brewing over Hibberd walking to the Dee's and offer the Dons picks as compo based on contract we do for Hibberd. 

Weve started it now so it's clarified prior to the brief trading window... 

Maybe.

• Like 1

As CEO would PJ be across all recruiting matters?

I would think the footy department would cover that. PJ would probably only hear things at a more advanced stage. 

• Like 1

Just now, ManDee said:

As CEO would PJ be across all recruiting matters?

I would think the footy department would cover that. PJ would probably only hear things at a more advanced stage. 

Not quite correct.

I am aware that during the season there is a weekly meeting on recruiting (both TAC/under 18 and other clubs players) that both coach and CEO attend. The frequency of these meetings ramp at seasons end.   

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

Exactly, I don't think he spoke "out of character" as was suggested above but as a football dept we're very careful about what we say publically and we're very good at presenting a consistent message. For whatever reason, we want it to be known that we're keen on Hibberd. It's not a big deal but it is something this administration has never done during the season before and that's why some find it interesting.

He was just answering a question. 

It wasn't that he wanted anything to be "known".

31 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Yeah.

The last few pages of this thread are about a radio interview on which I have also commented. If that is 'nothing', a) why are you reading it and b) why are you commenting on it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProDee said:

He was just answering a question. 

It wasn't that he wanted anything to be "known".

How can you be so definitive? In 3 years this footy dept has never made public statements during the season about our interest in opposition players. Can't you see why members of a footy forum might be a little bit interested in the motives of our CEO?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

You referenced the 90s

Not your normal tenet.

No, no, no, no, smart guy.  You're not getting off that easily. 

I said that there are "silly comments on this page".  I then referenced a post that you had already liked.  You saw a profundity that escaped me.  In fact, I saw the opposite. 

The post you liked and the one I had issue with stated "you people on the east coast forget that Worsfold was the pharmacist behind the 92 and 94 premierships" (paraphrasing).

Clearly it was an absurd comment which I hosed down in the post you replied to.  You then lambasted me for getting the wrong decade.

Embarrassing for you. 

Edited by ProDee

6 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

The last few pages of this thread are about a radio interview on which I have also commented. If that is 'nothing', a) why are you reading it and b) why are you commenting on it?

Not really sure what you're on about. 

All I'll say is that Roos was asked a question that emanated from Brett Anderson  (a Melbourne supporter) and Roos confirmed he'd (Hibberd) "been discussed", but didn't go into anything of greater substance. 

Roos is a very transparent guy, who isn't prone to the cloak and dagger stuff. 

He simply answered a direct question. 

FMD.  Who shot JR ?

1 minute ago, ProDee said:

No, no, no, no, smart guy.  You're not getting off that easy. 

I said that they're are "silly comments on this page".  I then referenced a post that you had already liked.  You saw a profundity that escaped me.  In fact, I saw the opposite. 

The post you liked and the one I had issue with stated "you people on the east coast forget that Worsfold was the pharmacist behind the 92 and 94 premierships" (paraphrasing).

Clearly it was an absurd comment which I hosed down in the post you replied to.  You then lambasted me for getting the wrong decade.

Embarrassing for you. 

Despite BB's blunder, I'd say you come off the loser in this exchange, just based on your [censored] poor attitude to other posters.

Honestly I'm sick of trawling through your abusive posts to find the occasional footy-related nugget.

I'm going to make use of the ignore filter for the first time and make my Demonland experience a much happier one.

Cheerio!

• Like 5

Whilst I doubt PJ micro manages anything ,as it seems to me he pointedly hires pplwho CAN do their jobs ,as the big cohuna of this outfit I sense he still takes a pseudo patriarchal interest in things,all things.

It strikes me PJ is only too aware of the silliness of the afl at times and also the tendency to posture by the likes of Essendon. He'll have had an interest in sure in all bases being covered whilst firmly proceeding with our efforts. 

He's no Nong is our Peter 

1 minute ago, Choke said:

Despite BB's blunder, I'd say you come off the loser in this exchange, just based on your [censored] poor attitude to other posters.

Honestly I'm sick of trawling through your abusive posts to find the occasional footy-related nugget.

I'm going to make use of the ignore filter for the first time and make my Demonland experience a much happier one.

Cheerio!

Knock yourself out, Kid.

If you ever get the time do some research and you'll find I'm nearly always responding to the comments off others. 

You're happy to overlook Bub's comment to me, you know, he initiated the interaction, but don't like my defence ?  Bully for you. 

Bye.

Just to get back on topic.  This is perhaps the greatest non-footy story of the year.  PJ's experience as a Football Club executive is almost peerless.  There is no way he would engage in any activity which would risk sanction.  Worsfold, on the other hand, is simply on a flag waving exercise for the beleaguered club, which he coaches.  Nothing more.  It is the old newspaper trick of raising the ire of opposition supporters to increase sales.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Not really sure what you're on about. 

All I'll say is that Roos was asked a question that emanated from Brett Anderson  (a Melbourne supporter) and Roos confirmed he'd (Hibberd) "been discussed", but didn't go into anything of greater substance. 

Roos is a very transparent guy, who isn't prone to the cloak and dagger stuff. 

He simply answered a direct question. 

FMD.  Who shot JR ?

The feeling's mutual.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Anyone see woosha on the news tonight saying we shouldn't be talking to a player that is already contracted. I thought these banned players could walk if they wanted to. 

Anyway the dogs got boyd when he was still contracted and freo practically got McCartney. 

Yes and Fremantle apparently chasing Hogan while he's still contracted, might as well investigate everyone

5 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Just to get back on topic.  This is perhaps the greatest non-footy story of the year.  PJ's experience as a Football Club executive is almost peerless.  There is no way he would engage in any activity which would risk sanction.  Worsfold, on the other hand, is simply on a flag waving exercise for the beleaguered club, which he coaches.  Nothing more.  It is the old newspaper trick of raising the ire of opposition supporters to increase sales.

Not just the paper's doing though, but how odd (not) it's from the same tome :rolleyes: that always pushes  the Bomber's barrow,  it's  definitely Essendon playing games.

Quite frankly I don't care if they all stay there (those left ) 

Some have had the sense to escape , the rest are fools.

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Not just the paper's doing though, but how odd (not) it's from the same tome :rolleyes: that always pushes  the Bomber's barrow,  it's  definitely Essendon playing games.

Quite frankly I don't care if they all stay there (those left ) 

Some have had the sense to escape , the rest are fools.

Yes Bub, I was speaking generically.  newspaper - see media

8 hours ago, deespicable me said:

I really think all those drug taking players should split up.

Too many of them together and they're likely to fall back into their drug-taking ways.

I applaud any player trying their best to come clean, but we've all heard the stories. One loss and they'll be out the back, over the road, re-offending.

"Hey man, have you got any more of that Mexican [censored]?"

Sad, sad Bummers

Thanks deespicable for kicking my day off with a smile. :)

5 minutes ago, loges said:

Yes and Fremantle apparently chasing Hogan while he's still contracted, might as well investigate everyone

Everyone chases everyone - you just don't admit to it until seasons end.

(you are under contract to Demonland - I shouldn't even be replying to your post)

• Like 1

Just now, iv'a worn smith said:

Yes Bub, I was speaking generically.  newspaper - see media

Sorry wasn't being a pedant. Just meant there's as much impetus from Windy Hill as there is from the chip wrappers !